Anyone on the Voile V6?

I've read many (positive) reviews for the V8, but can't find nearly so much on it's little brother the V6. Anyone on them? What are your thoughts?

A recent move and the good East Coast snow year have meant that I've toured more this year than previously and I'm considering a dedicated BC setup (right now I'm on Head Rock'n'Roll 95s with Dukes which I also ski in bounds most days). I'm really tempted by a fishscale ski as I've been doing a lot of pretty mellow treks with my dog in the gully around behind my house. If I didn't have to deal with skins, I'd yo-yo up and down it as we climbed. The V6 seems like it would be ideal for this sort of thing. The V8 sounds good too, though it might be a bit overkill (though I could use it to replace my Billy Goats and so free up some money for this project).

So any thoughts on the V6?

Edit: I know that they don't make a V6 BC right now, but I emailed Voile and they said they were planning to expand the BC line and the V6 BC should be available in the fall.

there was a brief writeup of them on wildsnow the other day

https://www.wildsnow.com/15301/voile...ry/#more-15301

Quote Originally Posted by Mantana1 View Post
    there was a brief writeup of them on wildsnow the other day

https://www.wildsnow.com/15301/voile...ry/#more-15301
    Thanks. That's really helpful.

Anyone on the Voile V6?

Does the V6 come waxless? I thought just the Vector and Chargers had the fishscales.

BTW-I lover my charger BCs

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Does the V6 come waxless? I thought just the Vector and Chargers had the fishscales.

I emailed asking Voile about future plans and they told me that they're expanding their waxless (BC) line. They told me that the V6s should be coming out in waxless this fall.

I considered Charger BCs, esp. as I might get lucky and find a used pair, but I'm afraid they'd be a lot of ski for just putzing around EC tree skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

Yes it does. And according to the " California tech rep" Voile is pronounced "Voh-lay." Hinterlandians get the scoop ay 0:31:

http://youtu.be/cUN1NZWReuk

Love my Charger BCs as well but the V6 would be very nice for tight trees.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I emailed asking Voile about future plans and they told me that they're expanding their waxless (BC) line. They told me that the V6s should be coming out in waxless this fall.

I considered Charger BCs, esp. as I might get lucky and find a used pair, but I'm afraid they'd be a lot of ski for just putzing around EC tree skiing.
    More float is better for eastern tree skiing...

v6 BC is on my radar too, although I'd jump on a vector or charger BC if they popped up used. I have a pair of 180 non-BC vectors that I wish were scaled for a lot of the mellow-er slopes I find myself on kicking around VT backwoods. V6 is attractive to me for a little bit of extra width, and more-so length.

It was a new ski this year, so I guess real world reviews not in abundance is to be expected. It's probably awesome..

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    More float is better for eastern tree skiing...
    I am considering the V8 too. I was able to find a lot of (positive) reviews for those, though. They're pretty much the dimensions of my Billy Goats, which I love as a tree ski. If I sold the Billy Goats to fund this, I'd be more likely to go this route and just ski it for my lucky inbounds powder days as well.

If I keep the Billy Goats, I'm just not sure that I want my dedicated touring ski to be 116 underfoot. Plus I wouldn't lose much weight (ski wise) in going from my Heads to the lighter built but larger V8s. Not that I'm really bothered by the weight of the Heads with Dukes at the moment, and most things will be lighter than that. Until fairly recently I was touring in alpine boots, so I'm still in the honeymoon "My gosh, it's so easy to cross this semi-flat section" stage.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I've read many (positive) reviews for the V8, but can't find nearly so much on it's little brother the V6. Anyone on them? What are your thoughts?

A recent move and the good East Coast snow year have meant that I've toured more this year than previously and I'm considering a dedicated BC setup (right now I'm on Head Rock'n'Roll 95s with Dukes which I also ski in bounds most days). I'm really tempted by a fishscale ski as I've been doing a lot of pretty mellow treks with my dog in the gully around behind my house. If I didn't have to deal with skins, I'd yo-yo up and down it as we climbed. The V6 seems like it would be ideal for this sort of thing. The V8 sounds good too, though it might be a bit overkill (though I could use it to replace my Billy Goats and so free up some money for this project).

So any thoughts on the V6?

Edit: I know that they don't make a V6 BC right now, but I emailed Voile and they said they were planning to expand the BC line and the V6 BC should be available in the fall.
    Big fan of my Vector BCs for northeastern bc. In this awesome snow year, I am doing a lot of exploring, and they are my first choice for anything with the potential for rolling terrain. In addition to other things, I use them for dog walks. In my case, I usually skin up, and take advantage of the scales to optimize my line back to the house.

But.... Be sure to be realistic about the climbing limitations of the scales.

FWIW, I love the look of the V6 on paper, and it's getting good reviews. If I snapped my Vector BCs and could get V6 BCs, I would.