WTB: 26" Fox Float CTD 120, 1X Crankset, wheelset, more

I'm building up my 26" Superlight and still in need of some parts. Quite a few things I'm up for suggestions whereas some others I've made up my mind what I'm looking for. I would consider myself to be an aggressive xc or average all-mountain rider. The bike will mostly be on Tahoe trails like Corral Loop (right out my door) but will also make it to Toads and Downieville as well as trips to Moab, Fruita, etc. . When possible, I'm looking for green components.
    I've already got:
    frame (L) and shock (Fox Float CTD 100mm).
    cassette (shimano m771)
    headset (Cane Creek 44/49) for tapered 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 steerer tube)
    RaceFace Atlas Bars 35mm (green)

I'm looking for
    26" Fox Float CTD 120mm Tapered or RockShox Sid xx 120mm (either in white)
    wheelset - ideal wheelset would be a s lightly lighter version of the green azonic outlaws. Open to suggestions. Fork will most likely be 15mm
    Stem to match 1 1/8 steerer to 35mm bars. Preferrably xc and white
    Rear derailleur. Probably sram x9 type 2 or shimano zee shadow plus
    Crankset - RaceFace 1x turbine (green) or other BB and cranks with RaceFace single narrow/wide ring
    Disc brakes - Open to suggestions

Lemme know whatcha got.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Hey Powdork,

I am getting ready to part this out. http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1670816/

The Fork, Wheels (not green), read d/shifter, crank, and brakes all match what you are looking for more or less.

LMK-

Dang, around 25 pounds? You already start parting out?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

What would you take for everything minus the frame/seat post/pedals shipped to Tahoe? Naturally I would require the blingy salsa seatpost clamp (and could send you the hex key clamp that came with the superlight). This would also be dependent on my GF who is also building a bike and would likely end up with the wheelset.

I have some sram XO brakes you could have for free, one of the calipers needs a rebuild, the other prolly is not that far behind. Might not be to expensive to do if you can do it yourself.

Also I have a fox fork, I think it might be a 120 but it could be a 100, I'll have to check tonight, but I'd just give it to you also, if interested.

Edit: now that I think about it, I believe it's a 9mm quick release, so it prolly does not fit your build.

I've got a set of Easton Haven carbon 26" wheels, nice condition (used less than 1 year, and I have several bikes to spread the wear-and-tear over). Front is 15QR/ 9mm convertible, rear is 10x135 q/r only. $500 -- if you're interested, send me a PM, I'll forward pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Also I have a fox fork, I think it might be a 120 but it could be a 100, I'll have to check tonight, but I'd just give it to you also, if interested.

Edit: now that I think about it, I believe it's a 9mm quick release, so it prolly does not fit your build.
    That could fit. The reason i mentioned 15mm is that that's what most of the forks I'm finding have. If I go with Azonics they are pretty adaptable I think.
    El Chupa that's a bit more than my budget for the wheelset but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    That could fit. The reason i mentioned 15mm is that that's what most of the forks I'm finding have. If I go with Azonics they are pretty adaptable I think.
    El Chupa that's a bit more than my budget for the wheelset but thanks.
    I'll check tonight, but I also think its a straight steerer, but if it works, most major headset brands have a bottom race adapter that will allow you to run it with a tapered headtube, I've done that before. It also gives you an option to run an angle set also to slack the bike out more, but that's prolly not needed since your building a more cross country type setup.

I've got some mint Avid Elixir 7 brakes you can have for $100 shipped. $20 more if you want some new rotors too.

Yea it's a 100mm straight steerer, let me know if your interested, or just want to borrow it until you find something more suitable.

So time for an update

I've already got:
    frame (L) and shock (Fox Float CTD 100mm).
    cassette (shimano m771)
    headset (Cane Creek 44/49) for tapered 1 1/8 to 1 1/2 steerer tube)
    RaceFace Atlas Bars 35mm (green)
    from backcountry1pr (THANKS!)
    XTR crankset and BB
    SID WC xx 120mm (15mm TA)
    Awesome green Salsa Seatpost Collar
    from Chain Reaction
    RaceFace Narrow/Wide Chainring 32t 104bcd (green)
    Funn Lock on grips (white)
    Shimano Zee 10speed derailleur rd-m640-ss
    Shimano XT M780 10 Speed Trigger Shifter
    Ragley Spike Carbon Seatpost
    Easton Havoc 35 Stem 50mm (orange)
    Fire Eye Hot Candy Pedals (green)
    from pinkbike
    Avid Elixir 9 (white with carbon levers) and rotors 160 and 180

So now I still need
    wheelset (ideal wheelset would be a slightly lighter version of the green azonic outlaws. Fork is 15mm TA. Also looking at white, since there seem to be more available at better weights)
    Chain (will buy new, but if you have a new one you're looking to unload...)
    Saddle (tan, or white)
    Tires (I'll mostly likely go with Hutchinson Cobras or Cougars (Can you guess Hutchski's last name)
    Am I forgetting anything?

I'm also interested in your views of the Azonic Outlaws since I'm on the fence. I love the way the green will match everything else I've got going on. But they are fairly heavy, about 1.5 lbs more than others I'm looking at in the same price range. The reviews all say they are burly and a great value. Seems like the riding I do is more aggressive than typical XC (Tahoe stuff like Toad's, etc) but I don't do big drops. Thoughts?
    Last edited by powdork; 04-17-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Powdork, I've got a brand new set of XT brakes and IceTech rotors that haven't left the retail packaging that I need to get rid of (couldn't resist some XTR bling...). LMK if interested.

I can't help you with wheels but IMO Outlaws would be ridiculously heavy for a trail bike. I'd jump on El Chup's carbon Haven's if he still has them, assuming the rear end of your bike is QR and not 142x12.

I am interested, but price is important, so let me know on that here or via pm. El Chup is offering an awesome deal, but it's more scratch than I was hoping to spend unless it's exactly what I want.

edited above post to move brakes and rotors from needed to already have.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	483.0 KB 
ID:	167461  

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Nice simple bike. You'll get it sold for $600 but not $1200 ever sorry

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Nice simple bike. You'll get it sold for $600 but not $1200 ever sorry
    I'll echo this. NFW you'll ever get over a grand for that bike.

Thanks

Nice bike, but you'll get way, way more for it if you part it out on ebay in March-May time frame. People will still pay good money for those parts, but nobody wants the whole thing. I just paid 20% of MSRP for a 3 year old bike in mint condition that is much more desirable, wanted it for the frame and some of the parts.