Question Atomic Theory Replacement

The Atomic Theory has been discontinued. The Replacement model was supposed to be announced by Atomic this week.

Has anyone heard anything about the replacement for the Theory ?

It's Replacement is the vantage 95 C, I was able to ski the 95 and the vantage 100 cti. I definitely preferred the 100.

If you have skied the Thoery before, how does the Vantage compare to the Thoery ?

Atomic Theory Replacement

What makes you want the Theory? What else have you skied recently? I thought it was an AWFUL ski FOR ME. Probably the worst ski I've tried at demo days in the past 3 years, and by a large margin. Just wondering if there might be a ski out there that you'd like a LOT more.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 02-18-2015 at 12:43 PM.

In my experience the Theory is not a typical TGR ski. From what I recall its no metal and fairly forgiving. I knew a lot of people that loved it, but it caters to more of a once a year vacation skier type and a good way to ease someone into "wider" skis.
    Quote Originally Posted by bite me View Post
    Texas is better than Hell? Maybe I'm not familiar enough with Hell, but it would be hard to imagine it being worse than Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Just wondering if there might be a ski out there that you'd like a LOT more.
    OP, try the ARVTi. Its made by Atomic.

Thanks again Lindahl.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

What makes you want the Theory? What else have you skied recently? Just wondering if there might be a ski out there that you'd like a LOT more.
    I have spent the last 5 years on the Atomic Blackeye TI, 3 years on 167 and 2 years on the 174. A lot of Patrollers I work with like the Theory and recomend it, I am basically surrounded by them. I need an all Mtn Ski, that is also stable at speed and can stand up to abuse. I am open to suggestions for next season. I will go the next size longer on the next purchase.

Atomic Theory Replacement

Probably should demo around a bit. Sounds like you haven't tried much yet and probably don't know what to look for in a ski. I will say that the Blackeye is very different from the Theory and that the Theory extremely unstable at speed. Its a mellow easy going intermediate ski. Again, imo. Also you could benefit from seeking advice on Epic Ski as well.

Do you have a link for Epic Ski ? I plan on demo the Vantage 95C and the 100 CTI early next season or talking to the Atomic Rep at our Pro weekend. Blackeye is a great ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    OP, try the ARVTi. Its made by Atomic..
    ARV Ti is made by Blizzard, as are other Armada skis with Titanal in them. Agree that the Atomic Vantage 100 CTI is nice, as is the Invictus 95. If OP is also touring on this ski check out Salomon's MTN Explore 95. All are 2016 skis except the ARV Ti.

Explains why I love the ARV Ti so much. Playfulness of an Armada, but with some burl and balls.

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorFanatic View Post
    It's Replacement is the vantage 95 C, I was able to ski the 95 and the vantage 100 cti. I definitely preferred the 100.
    What was better or different about the 100 CTI ?

Probably should demo around a bit. Sounds like you haven't tried much yet and probably don't know what to look for in a ski. I will say that the Blackeye is very different from the Theory and that the Theory extremely unstable at speed. Its a mellow easy going intermediate ski. Again, imo. Also you could benefit from seeking advice on Epic Ski as well.
    The Theory is an Advanced to Expert Ski, not an intermediate ski. The Blackeye is very safe and stable at high speed, for anyone considering it. It has titanium in it.

Atomic theory

Quote Originally Posted by Sled_Driver View Post
    The Theory is an Advanced to Expert Ski, not an intermediate ski. The Blackeye is very safe and stable at high speed, for anyone considering it. It has titanium in it.
    Atomic theory changes the whole perceptions and defines a new definition, helped me to get the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by mfedb0 View Post
    ...defines a new definition...
    Who said spam bots couldn't be profound.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Who said spam bots couldn't be profound.
    That was a funny joke. For that matter, so was the Theory.