Long mellow(ish) tours in ADKs?

Might be heading over in a few weeks and looking for some long tour options. I have skied a bunch out of JBL as well as up to Trap Dike and over the other side. Not specifically looking for vertical--more of a wilderness exp. on skis. I thought about the Jackrabbit Trail, so that is a possibilty...
    Any ideas welcome!
    Thanks.

I tour almost entirely out of JBL/Garden but the more cross country guys I know love Garnet Hill Lodge, something like 30mil of trails. They like Joe Pete's Run but that's all I really now about it.

EDIT - shit you check out - http://www.nptrail.org/

That crosses the plateau/west canada area if you are looking for remote that's about as remote in the ADK I can think of.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Long mellow(ish) tours in ADKs?

Anything around here is fair game right now.
    Klondike notch is a good one (garden to loj)
    avalanche lake from the loj - which is maybe what you are describing by "past trap dyke"
    lots of fun shorter ones too-upper Ausable lake, even the whiteface toll road can be fun. Lots of old truck trails to ponds too...
    Sounds like you know the area relatively well. Jackrabbit won't disappoint. With all the snow we've been having, and holding on to, you'd easily be able to ski some steeper terrain, woods or slides. Have fun!
    Last edited by t-the-east; 02-17-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaBC View Post
    I tour almost entirely out of JBL/Garden but the more cross country guys I know love Garnet Hill Lodge, something like 30mil of trails. They like Joe Pete's Run but that's all I really now about it.

EDIT - shit you check out - http://www.nptrail.org/

That crosses the plateau/west canada area if you are looking for remote that's about as remote in the ADK I can think of.
    That NPTrail looks like serious business--pretty cool, but more than I want to bite off right now. Thanks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Anything around here is fair game right now.
    Klondike notch is a good one (garden to loj)
    avalanche lake from the loj - which is maybe what you are describing by "past trap dyke"
    lots of fun shorter ones too-upper Ausable lake, even the whiteface toll road can be fun. Lots of old truck trails to ponds too...
    Sounds like you know the area relatively well. Jackrabbit won't disappoint. With all the snow we've been having, and holding on to, you'd easily be able to ski some steeper terrain, woods or slides. Have fun!
    Yeah, the Trap Dike one was skiing up from the Loj, climbing the Dike with skis on our packs, then skiing off the back side and working our way back around and back to the loj. That was a big day.
    We are leaning towards the Jackrabbit from Saranac Lake to Rock and River. I got an email from Tony Goodwin (the main man over there I guess) who said its a 24 mile outing. Thats kind of what we are looking for, and unlikely that we would need to break too much trail...I hope.

If coming from S touring out of elk Lake is fun if someone has been out before you. Always wanted to loop Macomb and dixes in winter but always did something less burly.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man