Touring with Icelantic Shaman

Pretty stoked on my Shamans and am planning on mounting some Guardians and getting into the backcountry with them.

Has anyone toured with them before? What kind of skins did you use? I know they aren't a particularly light ski, but they aren't so heavy either.

How was your experience with this set up?

Thanks.

I toured on Shamans a bunch for 2 years, mounted with Dynafit bindings, BD nylon skins. Really fun ski, great for pow, wet pow, bottomless mush, tight trees, brush surfing, etc., etc.

Kookjong, I've had my Shamans mounted with Dynafart Radical FTs for 2 full seasons now and love the setup. Skid on an alpine mounted pair fir 3 years now. I'm using a set of G3 Alpinist skins, (tip hooks instead of loops) which work with the tip shape awesome, next time I would go high traction G3 skins though. They are my go to ski, even when things are firm they can throw in an edge, and that fat tip never sinks even when the pow gets deep. Trail breaking is a hoot, since the tip always pops up. Sure there are lighter rigs but those aren't as much fun. Tour with the Shaman and you won't regret it, its a shitload of fun skiing corn with too, that short turn radius really comes out.