Dispatch, State Radio, Chad Stokes Urmston

Two shows for Dispatch in NY this summer should be good. I'd like to hit the John Butler one, but I'm sure the Dr Dog would be good also. I've never seen Dr Dog.

Chad was local friday and played a short set in the record shop. He is an amazing talent walking into a room with just a guitar and letting it rip. He took requests and questions and was just so humble about everything. Someone asked about his picking style and why. His reply was because he was so spacey he'd always forget a pic, so he had no choice. At another point he was forgetting his lyrics and just kept playing working thru it like a jam session with friends. Just real.

Found out Dispatch played a wedding...only one for a friend. That might have been the highlight of the wedding

He's an unreal songwriter. I love all his projects but this recent solo album he released is his best work yet. Last year I had the privilege to attend one of his living room concerts. It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. What musician sells out MSG and then plays in someone's living room?! He's a rad dude

New album coming for Dispatch. The pic on this vid is from a local NH photog Brian Nevins.
    https://youtu.be/VcU3-6ZRocQ

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/su...ked-for-summer

Good to hear. These guys were two years ahead of me in college. Fun seeing them in living rooms in the late 90s on campus then just a couple years later closing down Storrow Drive in Boston. Looking forward to the new release.

Pre-ordered album and got my tix for Red Rocks. Really looking forward to both. Heard that Skin The Rabbit song the other day and it is the goods.

Edit: I forgot I have those 2 downloads from purchase(I was at work). Jamming it again now.

Chad keeps playing small venues and the shows are really good. Opened with a guitar solo similar to a John Butler rip. Threw in one cover...Half Step Mississippi . I dig the small venue vibe.

Dispatch announced Burlington and Thompsons Point in Portland this summer. Both are good venues imo for mid to bigger size shows.