Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Seeing a lot of chatter of people claiming BCS is better than BB. I’m not sure either is “better”, BCS just seems a continuation of Vince Gilligan’s mastery of story and camera work. The scene fades are an absolute work of art, from cleaning up blood to swipes of enchilada sauce…

The storytelling gives you small clues in mundane episodes to make you realize later, “That’s what was going on!” Four episodes left, I’m excited to see where it goes, I figure Jessie and Walt will make an appearance sooner rather than later. You have to figure Gene’s relocation will be at least one episode?

So, 4 more episodes - what is left to resolve? Chicken man finishes his basement?

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    So, 4 more episodes - what is left to resolve? Chicken man finishes his basement?
    I have faith in the team behind this that it will be great…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Seeing a lot of chatter of people claiming BCS is better than BB. I’m not sure either is “better”, BCS just seems a continuation of Vince Gilligan’s mastery of story and camera work. The scene fades are an absolute work of art, from cleaning up blood to swipes of enchilada sauce…

The storytelling gives you small clues in mundane episodes to make you realize later, “That’s what was going on!”
    Agreed on all points.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Four episodes left, I’m excited to see where it goes, I figure Jessie and Walt will make an appearance sooner rather than later. You have to figure Gene’s relocation will be at least one episode?
    I wonder if Walt and Jesse will actually appear or just be alluded to. I bet Gene will get at least a full episode, maybe more; you know Vince hasn't set up all those flash-forwards for nothing, especially the last one where he got made, called the vacuum guy, then said he'd handle shit himself. I'll also bet that we haven't seen the last of Kim.

Yes, it's been confirmed that Walt and Jesse will be reprising their roles from BB.

Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Excellent.
    I am the one who knocks
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Only two more to go....

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yes, it's been confirmed that Walt and Jesse will be reprising their roles from BB.
    Saw it. Was that Aaron Paul playing Jessie? Hw was far enough away from the camera that it was hard to tell but sure as hell didn't sound like him.

Of course it was. Sounded normal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Only two more to go....
    Ads during the episode said Monday is the finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Saw it. Was that Aaron Paul playing Jessie? Hw was far enough away from the camera that it was hard to tell but sure as hell didn't sound like him.
    Um, it was clearly Aaron Paul and Paul was listed in the credits.

Was Kim’s closure that she has some sort of employment in Florida, or will that play out more in the finale?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Better Call Saul

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Was Kim’s closure that she has some sort of employment in Florida, or will that play out more in the finale?
    With all the yelling in the phone booth, there’s definitely more to it.

The finale is on the 15th.

I’m predicting Jimmy / Saul ends up behind bars and Kim pays him a visit or something like that.

Ads during the episode said Monday is the finale. Um, it was clearly Aaron Paul and Paul was listed in the credits.
    Finale airs Aug 15th, Monday is the 12th episode, 13 were confirmed.

I highly doubt we’ve seen the last of Carol Burnett, sure would seem a waste if she didn’t figure prominently in one of the last two episodes.

No spoilers, but damn, the first 20 minutes or so were soul crushing.

Yup ^^

Certainly no winners in this finale it seems....
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Pretty brutal.

"Yep!"

Word of the Day: Montrose

Oh Jimmy...It's all good, man
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I’m predicting Jimmy / Saul ends up behind bars and Kim pays him a visit or something like that.
    Umm… well that was a pretty spot on prediction.

Not that happy with the final 3, or was it 4 shows. For a series which, for the most part, stayed plausible, this just strained credibility too much, started with Gene breaking the window at cancer boys house. Then the cops just happening to roll up behind the cab to take a break. Then the miracle plea bargain. Then the redemption story…

But, it was their story, so they could do what they want.

The ending was well within the bounds set by BB.

I dug it. Kim can't quit.

The ending was well within the bounds set by BB.

I dug it. Kim can't quit.
    Agreed, it was a fitting end that he couldn't not take credit for all of it.

Can't say I saw ADX Montrose coming though. Haha.

Jonathan Banks embraces 'not being very pretty' as 'Breaking Bad' hitman

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/19/11182...ing-bad-hitman

I just finished the series. So bumping this because I have some comments, though it may bring me some flak.

It took me years. Literally years. I recall watching early episodes while on a treadmill in the office gym. Which would have been pre pandemic.

Very good but very annoying show.

The pace of the show overall was maddeningly slow. It took me a couple of years just to make it through the first 3 seasons. I mean, everything was well acted and the story was well written and believable, but it just took forever for anything to happen. And even once we got to "more stuff happening", it still had some very slow portions.

The "artsy" quality that was one of the signatures of Breaking Bad, the interesting camera angles and oddball openings, were all here too. But it just felt like it was a little forced and a little too much, like I'm over the idea of mounting a camera on a shopping cart and spending 5 minutes wheeling the cart around a supermarket (I don't recall if that was actually in BCS, but that's the idea). It just felt like they kept returning to the same bag of tricks, and after all the episodes of BB and BCS, it seemed forced and not nearly as innovative as it once did in BB.

The show required you have an encyclopedic knowledge of BB and BCS; they obviously intersected in all sorts of ways which could be cool, but if you didn't remember shit from BB you were SOL because they did no explaining. Some might find it masterful how they wove everything together, but I felt like I needed a massive cheat-sheet or massive BB knowledge to get it all. Admittedly, some of this was made worse for me because I took years to get through BCS, so I sometimes struggled to remember even the storylines and details from earlier episodes of BCS.

And I don't think some of it really worked WITHOUT you having the backstory from BB, it's like the entire BCS show expected you to know BB inside and out, so that when they introduced a character or made reference to a scene from BB, you were expected to get that reference and know what happened in that scene, because it didn't work or make sense otherwise. But I didn't. And it made BCS much weaker as a stand-alone show because of that, IMO.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy