Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    I keep watching...but dammit if I don't feel like a plane on a treadmill....can we take off already???
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Finally got around to watching the finale. Damn.

Just watching a few BBs during a marathon, of sorts. Sorry, but, bye bye, Saul. I'd rather rewind BB then waste my time anymore.

I'm finally caught up on BCS. Good series, in some respects as well made as BB, but as some people here have been saying, it's been stuck on a slow burn for three seasons now, and I'm starting to wonder if it's ever going to shift into high gear. BB had its lulls, but, frequently enough, BB was full-on gonzo; hell, BB was gonzo right off the line in its first scene.

Which brings to mind BCS's very first scene, featuring a post-BB Saul working in a mall at a Cinnabon. That scene (and the subsequent Cinnabon flash-forwards) doesn't quite fit with the series, unless the series is going to move to that post-BB timeframe at some point. Which I think it will, sooner than we may expect. It needs to, for things to get interesting, because as of the end of season 3, pretty much everyone is on a straight line path to where they need to be at the start of Breaking Bad.

So then, let's get this prequel exercise over with, and move on to Omaha! Which is where I predict Jimmy/Saul/Gene resumes his relationship with Kim (remember, she's originally from that area). And, soon after they learn of Heisenberg's last stand, they take a chance on moving back to Albuquerque, where Saul turns out not to be a wanted man after all.

Oh, and I say the Cinnabon thing never happens. That's a dream or a vision or whatever, Saul's contemplations and fears while he waits alone in Robert Forster's basement. Notice how all those Cinnabon scenes are in black & white. Also, recall that Saul mentioned being a manager at Cinnabon, to Walt, not as a plan, but as a random scenario to convey the bleakness of his future. It's imaginary, for sure, and for Cinnabon to end up being Saul's reality as well would be a wild coincidence. No, Ed plants Saul wherever he plants him, Saul sits on a cash cushion, and maybe tracks down Kim, before learning about Walt et al on the TV news. Then, back home to take his chances in NM, because it sure would suck to have to get a job at an Omaha Cinnabon.

Hmm when is the next season coming out? Usually I have a short attention span when it comes to watching shows, but i really like the slow pace of this one. Maybe b/c BB has set it up enough for me to be watching it intently?

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Hmm when is the next season coming out? Usually I have a short attention span when it comes to watching shows, but i really like the slow pace of this one. Maybe b/c BB has set it up enough for me to be watching it intently?
    Looks like in the fall.

Two episodes into the new season. #1 was kinda weak and left me wondering if I could continue watching. #2 was great, starting with Kim ripping Howard a new one and Gus back into the story in a meaningful way. #plasticbag
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Solid start so far. Not quite slitting a throat, but pretty savage nonetheless. Final response to Lydia was pretty funny.

ETA: That letter will be back.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 08-18-2018 at 07:52 AM.

2nd episode gave hope they were going to ramp up, 3rd back making me say WTF.

Not necessarily related to BCS, but: anyone else having problems with the AMC app?

I watched the first two episodes on the firestick. I went to watch the 3rd and the app wouldn't load. So I deleted it and reloaded. After signing in: it still won't load.

Netflix, RedBull Channel, TNT, and other apps work fine.

^ ^ ^ no clue here. I'm DVRing it

I've enjoyed all three episodes of the new season, especially Gus Fring power play setup

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Not necessarily related to BCS, but: anyone else having problems with the AMC app?

I watched the first two episodes on the firestick. I went to watch the 3rd and the app wouldn't load. So I deleted it and reloaded. After signing in: it still won't load.

Netflix, RedBull Channel, TNT, and other apps work fine.
    Why not just watch in on Netflix then? Unless there are other AMC shows you're watching that aren't on there. BCS is, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Why not just watch in on Netflix then? Unless there are other AMC shows you're watching that aren't on there. BCS is, though.
    I don't believe the new season is...last time I looked it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I don't believe the new season is...last time I looked it wasn't.
    Ah. You are correct, sir! Just looked it up on IMDB. Looks like I have some catching up to do!

Great camera work in episode three. Good to see the pace picking up. Mike looks way too old to be younger than he was in BB.

Went back to watch The Usual Suspects last week, because somebody I know had never seen it, and Gus, or, a young Giancarlo Esposito is in that movie. Plays a cop.

Caught some old episodes of Wiseguy. Took me a while, but finally realized Vinny's handler was the actual young Mike

Poor Nacho....

Alright this show is crazy good. Not even comparable to Breaking Bad...like innumerably better. I'm starting to think this might be up there for one of the better written shows in recent times. I'm hooked and I normally have a short attention span i.e. I can't remember the last time I watched a show as it came out looking forward to the next episode.

JFC it's like watching paint dry. About over it, pace is maddening.

This week's episode was pretty good, Kim now breaking bad as well.

Humorous little tidbit: http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/index.php

You can watch the new season on Netflix with a UK VPN.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    This week's episode was pretty good, Kim now breaking bad as well.

Humorous little tidbit: http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/index.php
    The church scheme was fucking hilarious. Genius. Seriously, this is one of the best shows in recent times. Yeah, maybe moving a little slow week by week (up until this season I watched the series multiple shows at a time on Netflix) but fuck this show is great!

Seems like it is getting pretty close to the end, but sounds like there might be 1 more season and possibly 20 episodes rather than the normal 10.

So, that's it, huh? Hope nobody dies before next season. They're getting old.

Season 4 streaming on Netflix fyi