Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Just to clarify, I am not as gay as this fellow. But I thought his take on this subject was spot on.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/empir...you-dont-know/
    Heh. Okay, I'm going to take that point under consideration, but I'd bet that he didn't argue with people that did know. Anyway, luck with your screenplay.

Back on topic, I really wish all (or even most) of the previous episodes of BCS had been as interesting and involving as the last one. It sure took them a long time to get really good.

Well, we put up with a boring Chuck episode for the closing 30 second shot!

I hate Chuck, been a fucking dead weight anchor since day one. Wish he would've died. Fuck that guy.

But yeah the last 30sec were interesting.

Mike's final scene sure didn't suck. I too will be happy to see the end of Chuck. Jimmy's an asshole, but an entertaining, authentic asshole. Chuck is just a slimy spineless asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Mike's final scene sure didn't suck. I too will be happy to see the end of Chuck. Jimmy's an asshole, but an entertaining, authentic asshole. Chuck is just a slimy spineless asshole.

Yeah, will be interesting to see who left the note. Guessing the guy that kept blocking his shot to the uncle?

It was Gus (well, one his people most likely). The first letter of each episode spells out "FRINGSBACK". Gould and Gilligan confirmed it in an interview with Vanity Fair http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...anagram-finale

Good episodes so far this season (imo). Chuck is really getting devious in his ways trying to screw Jimmy over.

Just finished season two. Really dig this show so far!!!

Yup. Great show. I actually think it's better than Breaking Bad.

Blasphemy, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Yup. Great show. I actually think it's better than Breaking Bad.

Blasphemy, I know.
    So far, I would agree. I was hooked instantly and watched the first two seasons over the course of 3-4 days. Several times I LOLed really hard

The show wouldn't be what it is without Chuck, he's the main protagonist but god I hate him. I guess that means the character is really good though and Michael McKean does a great job at making us hate him.

BCS is my favorite show right now. I'm calling it a dark modern day western. I don't know but it seems to fit imo. The scene on the empty road where Mike meets Gus for the first time was classic western shit.

I'm totally blown away by Odenkirk's acting. He was good on BB but his character was overshadowed by the others I thought or maybe I just wasn't paying much attention. He's really shining in this and proving that he has a broad range as an actor imho.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post

BCS is my favorite show right now. I'm calling it a dark modern day western. I don't know but it seems to fit imo. The scene on the empty road where Mike meets Gus for the first time was classic western shit.
    I would give Fargo a slight nod, but I agree BCS is right there too.

Not sure I'm buying the Coke raining down on the truck with still plenty of road miles before the border alerting the dog but hey, "it could happen"!

Quote Originally Posted by CelebratedSkier View Post
    I would give Fargo a slight nod, but I agree BCS is right there too.

Not sure I'm buying the Coke raining down on the truck with still plenty of road miles before the border alerting the dog but hey, "it could happen"!
    Ya, maybe a little far fetched but drug sniffing dogs are pretty amazing at that shit. Just like with TWD I try not to get too hung up on the unrealistic or even impossible stuff on the shows and I write it off as entertaining non-fiction with the important focus on the character development and relationships.

I watched the first season of Fargo and I thought it was awesome too, I need to see if I have access to that series still.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

This is the best show on TV right now, love how the story is going.
    Patrick Fabian is killing as a prime example of an uptight asshole. It has to be tough to get your lines right with a stick like this up your ass.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    This is the best show on TV right now, love how the story is going.
    I would absolutely agree with that statement. The way they built the suspense through Monday's episode was masterful. I'm really interested in seeing how (/if) there is a falling out between Jimmy and Kim. There must be some kind of division, getting from here to the timeline of Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    I would absolutely agree with that statement. The way they built the suspense through Monday's episode was masterful. I'm really interested in seeing how (/if) there is a falling out between Jimmy and Kim. There must be some kind of division, getting from here to the timeline of Breaking Bad.
    I'm guessing it's going to be a very sad story.

Beyond that, last night Saul Goodman was born.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Love this show. Latest was big. Saul Goodman's first appearance, some Hector in a wheelchair foreshadowing?, the laundromat, Lydia, Huell! Okay, Huell was in the previous episode, but he deserved a mention. I think knowing the outcome makes it better. You know Kim isn't going to work out, but you're constantly wondering which thing is going to drive her away. You know Nacho isn't going to be in the picture, but what happens to him?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Based on the comments on this thread I guess I am alone... but moving to slow for me. I'm trying to hang in but I think I am out.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Love this show. Latest was big. Saul Goodman's first appearance, some Hector in a wheelchair foreshadowing?, the laundromat, Lydia, Huell! Okay, Huell was in the previous episode, but he deserved a mention. I think knowing the outcome makes it better. You know Kim isn't going to work out, but you're constantly wondering which thing is going to drive her away. You know Nacho isn't going to be in the picture, but what happens to him?
    I have been psyched as the old BB faces have shown up lately - they build this show like a slow motion chess match
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Unfortunately, this series may end soon when Mike (the actor) dies. He's not looking good. Certainly not pulling off the younger than BB Mike well.

Better Call Saul

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Unfortunately, this series may end soon when Mike (the actor) dies. He's not looking good. Certainly not pulling off the younger than BB Mike well.
    Huh?

It doesn't get much slower burning, but it's keeping me hooked. Knowing where it eventually ends up makes it even more interesting.

I'm just sayin' that he doesn't look good. He's 70, playing himself at around age 55 or maybe a little younger. He looks pretty stiff and old. Of course, that's a problem with all of these actors in a prequel, but he may be the first to go, and I can't see how the series continues without him. But maybe he'll survive until Walter White shows up.

Was watching an old Wiseguy rerun the other day and realized that's young Mike running ops!

Great season finale! Considering the slow burn pace, I do wish each season had 15 episodes instead of just 10.

that was a sad ass closing scene for sure - great season, slow but always building in a positive direction
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man