Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Returns Monday 2/15
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Slow start to the season I thought. I will stick with it.

I love it. Post witness protection Saul won't even rescue himself from the world's most depressing trash room, but pre WP Saul can't help himself but flip the switch.

He doesn't care about disappointing his brother anymore, and he's paving a path towards losing Kim and not giving a shit what she thinks. A slow, but entertaining transformation to Saul. If Hoboken squat cobbler is the highlight of the season, I'm not sure I'll be disappointed. I was in tears.

I don't think we'll see Walter for a while, if at all, but it would be awesome if they just passed each other in a grocery store isle or something.

Edit: I will say, I'm ready for Chuck to go. One article compared the slow metronome to the pace of the show when Chuck's involved. Clearly, the opposite is going to happen, at least for the foreseeable future. Hopefully we'll see some better villains in the coming seasons, though.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Is the audio horribly out of sync for anyone else watching via AMC streaming? Super annoying.

Liking the start so far, he just can't help but be Slippin' Jimmy. Hoboken squat cobbler is an instant classic and I get the feeling we're going to see Tuco again. Loved the BB callbacks to Ken-the-douchebag-stock-trader and Zafiro Anejo.

Damn, good catch on Ken.

I've been watching on the Xfinity app and haven't had any sync issues.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Even when Jimmy wins, he loses. Looks like shit is about to get real next week.

Last episode is maybe the best one so far.

Preferring the Better Call Mike version of this show

Show is moving along nicely, now we know how Jimmy became Saul.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Problem with prequels is that the actors are now older playing their younger selves. Mike looks like shit.

I'm enjoying this, but, they have to pick up the pace. I got hooked on Breaking Bad by the second episode of season 1 when that bathtub fell through the ceiling, and most episodes had some you gotta be kidding me drama. This is just sorta plodding along, centered around some not too interesting characters. Face it, Saul is no Walter White. And now they just put Tuco in jail for at least a few years. He was always good for some fun times in the old series.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Problem with prequels is that the actors are now older playing their younger selves. Mike looks like shit.
    When did Mike not look like shit?

Krazy 8 sighting! Wonder if he was already snitching....

Well, he never was a handsome man, but, he got old fast, and they can't kill him off in this series, because we all know when and how he dies. A conumbrum, for sure.

Sat through that entire droll episode about lawyers only to get to the best part, the last few minutes, when they bring in Tuco's uncle, Hector, for a big laugh. They gotta pick the pace up. More Tuco, less law firm.

When will they just rename the show to "Better Call Mike" already. Focus on him.

Definitely a yawner. It's great that they really want to flesh out Saul's backstory, but it's time for Jimmy to become Saul.

Is Mike the same character who was in Bev Hills Cop, who worked for Victor Maitlinn and killed Axls friend in the beginning of the movie?

With House of Cards and Vinyl churning out good episodes.. I haven't gone back to this yet.... so much potential. It almost reminds of the second season of The Wire, which was all set up....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Vinyl rocks. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    Is Mike the same character who was in Bev Hills Cop, who worked for Victor Maitlinn and killed Axls friend in the beginning of the movie?
    As a fan of both, gonna have to figure this out. Great villain, Victor "That would be a neat trick" Maitlinn.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

They really should have dragged out the danger to Kaylie angle for at least an episode. That angle was created and seemingly resolved within 10 minutes.

Anyone want to speculate on what that switch, from a few episodes back, does in Jimmy's office? Or is it just symbolism that there really is no distinction between Jimmy and Saul?

This season is a fucking yawner so far.

Did not think it could get more sleepy. But was proven wrong last night.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Mike's up to something

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Mike's up to something
    Same spot they had scouted before to take a kill shot at Tuco. I assume he's making a plan to hit Hector or the twins, but of course we know that won't happen successfully.

Loved seeing the technicolor suits show up. I was dying when he admitted to leaving floaters.

I don't think he's planning a hit, per se. He needs a lot of money, fast, for his daughter's house.