AAC benefit at Brooklyn Boulders (tr)

I bought an AAC membership so I could go to this party.

Pretty cool, met Kevin Jorgeson who was extremely nice even with a line out the door to talk to him. Sasha DiGiulian who I see pretty often but never talk to since she's always training was also signing shit. Gotta say, dhe was so rad and charming I wish I bothered her way more often. I asked her to sign a poster for me with some East Coast shit-talking for my friend Andrea who's always blah blah blah Boulder blah blah Eldo blah blah Zion. Anyway, she hooked it up (see below).

There were many other famous people there but I didn't recognize them really because I'm a climbing jong. One of them was old and had done K2 or something. And there were some Sherpas having a really good time, but so was everyone.

Mostly I climbed since the walls were empty. BKB has a sweet vibe but really polished walls that kind of scare the shit out of me, not the grippy Walltopia kind. Anyway, it was nice to be back since I started there but hadn't been in ages. Climbs were graded a little easier than my gym so I got to feel super rad climbing up a grade.

After I had my fill of that, I tried to drink my way into breaking even. Hudson Whisky was there (good stuff) and Brooklyn Brewery brought some tasty beers I hadn't seen.

Great night, and if I need a rescue over the next year I'd say it cost me about $30ish dollars. Way worth it, but of course I hope it is never needed.

Actually it's a cool organization so everyone should just get a membership anyway (rescue bennies, stewardship stuff, patgucci discounts?).

stolen from fb is my girl on the right with the man of the hour:

my poster of Sasha supposedly climbing ice like a boss for the first time more or less in Ouray:

The band was really good too, didn't catch their name but they were playing instrumental versions of classic hip hop stuff like Tribe. Good times.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Good stuff man. I can also vouch for the quality of the organization that is the AAC. Last fall they had a fundraiser/kick-off party for their new camp ground down in the NRG (which will be sweet once the showers and bathrooms are installed). They had different levels of contributions which got you things like all-you-can-drink booze, a buffet, a few nights of camping, etc. Not that this is news to anyone on these forums, but they do a great job of supporting access to some awesome areas as well as throwing one hell of a party. The "Live you Dream Grant" is pretty killer as well. Would definitely recommended membership to anyone who's thinking about it.

That old guy was probably Kim Schmitz, a local badass. http://www.wyofile.com/blog/gifted-l...r-learns-walk/
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's