Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Haven't been around here much, but this is from a place I was at last week.

Hike and kick half a day to get here.

The leeches were fucking huge I need to tie some super fat 5-6 inch bastards.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436416438617.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	814.6 KB 
ID:	168151 got these on top in a river that normally fishes better on the bottom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436416308126.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	168149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1436416352618.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	992.5 KB 
ID:	168150  
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^long time no fish
    we should git out
    spent the 4th w/ bob mc and the fam here

felt the rod bend a few times but nothin in the nets

this page needs sum carpz

and back to just everything else
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Getting into fly fishing photography more now, so I'll be posting up stoke regularly this summer. Here are some product shots I did for Front Range Anglers in Boulder:

Cool shots! You should come up to the Tetons for a shoot sometime.

^^^ I would love to.... you don't happen to be a guide up there, do you?

One of my friends (Donkey Punch here on TGR, but I don't think he posts much anymore) lives over in ID not too far away from you and we've been talking about getting a weekend trip together. If that happens, I can let you know so we can all meet up somewhere close.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ^^^long time no fish
    we should git out
    spent the 4th w/ bob mc and the fam here

felt the rod bend a few times but nothin in the nets

this page needs sum carpz

and back to just everything else
    For sure! Got a hankering for some of them carps. Let's do it!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Took a trip to brown town with the god

Went to Boxwood for a bachelor party. Stupid fun. By the end of the day, my arm was cramping up so bad I could barely hold on to the rod.

it had been too long since I'd had a really good day of catching. Went for a long walk and got into some eager cutties that hadn't seen a fly in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    ^^^ I would love to.... you don't happen to be a guide up there, do you?

One of my friends (Donkey Punch here on TGR, but I don't think he posts much anymore) lives over in ID not too far away from you and we've been talking about getting a weekend trip together. If that happens, I can let you know so we can all meet up somewhere close.
    Used to be a guide but been outta that business for 12 years or so. Know some outfitters if you want to go that route. Happy to fish with you either way if you come up.

The river behind my house is filthy with carp of various sizes. They are currently gorging themselves on these tiny seeds falling off a hardwood tree. There are literally dozens sucking at the top of the water 15' from me and I am having a difficult time enticing them to bite. I don't think I can mimic the seeds (they are smaller than any bead) and various baits aren't exactly killin' it.
    I hooked one yesterday on sweet corn and red worm and it managed to get off the line while I screwed around with my net. I feel like the school is wise to my corn now. They are smart fish and a worthy target imho. Suggestions?

what do the seeds look like? i bet you could just wrap some similar color dubbing around a hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe Bromide View Post
    The river behind my house is filthy with carp of various sizes. They are currently gorging themselves on these tiny seeds falling off a hardwood tree. There are literally dozens sucking at the top of the water 15' from me and I am having a difficult time enticing them to bite. I don't think I can mimic the seeds (they are smaller than any bead) and various baits aren't exactly killin' it.
    I hooked one yesterday on sweet corn and red worm and it managed to get off the line while I screwed around with my net. I feel like the school is wise to my corn now. They are smart fish and a worthy target imho. Suggestions?
    clompers are tough

never had much luck hatch matchin em
    a small damsel or ant pattern
    or throw to tailing fish
    When i 1st started the poopfish addiction someone who does it a bit told me
    "throw to less fish"
    seems counter productive but the more i do it the more sense it makes.

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^^ That last one is pretty sweet. Nice work.

A few from yesterday in RMNP:

Packed the van up and left last Friday for my yearly summer migration north to better biking and (usually) cooler weather.

I drove a couple of hours past the sun doing this

I parked for the night and slept next to what some call "Buck Nasty Brown" town.

Got up early to a really good PMD hatch but I couldn't find anything in my fly box that they wanted. I got sick of that after about an hour and once the sun hit the water I chopped my leader back and threw on something big and foamy. That worked.

After a couple of hours of really good hopper fishing I packed up and continued my drive. 2 hours later the engine in the van blew and my day turned to shit. That may have been the most expensive few hours of fishing I've ever done.

Diggin' the North stoke, HFB. Great shots.

That net on Glacier Creek is retarded. Or super sweet. Depends on who you are.

Not knocking your photos. They're great. I'm just saying, there's a whole other world out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    That net on Glacier Creek is retarded. Or super sweet. Depends on who you are.

Not knocking your photos. They're great. I'm just saying, there's a whole other world out there.
    I'm going out with guides- and I don't fish- so it's not like I'm the one making the decision on where we go. Besides, the clients were SUPER stoked since they caught 20+ fish before lunch.

I'm heading to Jackson next week, so I should have a few decent shots after that trip...

well if your a guide
    using your super sweet net to land 20+ palm of the handers i'm going w/
    C.- all of the above
    played hooky from the honeydoos
    was hesitant to drive an hour as they been pullin a shitload of water outta of the retention ponds i like to fish to keep the dust down on a construction project
    but they turned up the floodgates and added a foot or 2
    launched the sup tied up some tippet stripped out to the running line looked over at the cruising shadow and pegged a sweet into the backin mirror 1st cast

spent the next few hours lining, foulhookin, mishooksettin ,throwin to asses instead of snouts and gettin blown outta position or hammering down on top and fuckin up till it all came togather again the last hour and i pegged a few more vacuum mouthed slobs

pretty sure the ass kickin hours made the day
    i'm takin the fish sniffin furkid partner to a bakers luau of piscatorial pursuits w/ some e- suk- ers next week
    hopefully i find my reward in the doing of the thing, and the company of those who fish.
    avoid incarceration and manage to keep enough brain cells to find my way back
    keep the stoke comin, enjoy jackson hook up w/ schwerty
    dudes salt of the earth solid
    remind him he's the only one w/ the power to pull togather a mag fishin summit this fall

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm heading to Jackson next week, so I should have a few decent shots after that trip...
    I'll be up there this weekend through the beginning of next week if you need any fishing models. Not sure my nets big enough though. Willing to get behind the camera too.

When are you leaving? We're now 50/50 between Jackson and Lander, and we'll be up there Wed/Thu/Fri regardless of location.