Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Same mentality with these people you see driving at night / in rainstorms without headlights on: complete lack of realization that some things are for the benefit of others and not yourself. Not that I expect someone who would wear pjs at the grocery store to be anything other than wholly self-involved human waste.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I've never owned PJ's or jeans. I guess I'm just weird like that.
    That's weird all right! Not even as a child?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    That's weird all right! OK, I guess I could see never owning PJs, but jeans?
    Wow yeah missed that jeans part earlier... That is weird. Lemme guess: cargo pants man.

So in Utardia do they go out in their jesus jammies?
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

i will go outside the house in pj's, usually to go to the basement to say hi to the cats, stoke the wood stove and get a beer
    watch out for snakes

How is that outside the house?

Haha I spent a lot to time in PJs during my late teens and early 20s. I think I may have met my current wife in PJs she brings up something like that anyway. It was kind of acceptable back in the day.

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Same mentality with these people you see driving at night / in rainstorms without headlights on: complete lack of realization that some things are for the benefit of others and not yourself. Not that I expect someone who would wear pjs at the grocery store to be anything other than wholly self-involved human waste.
    that has to be a troll.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Wow yeah missed that jeans part earlier... That is weird. Lemme guess: cargo pants man.
    Same boat as MTM. I've never owned a pair of jeans. I prefer cargos, cords & khaki's to burlap sacks that have been dyed blue.

I don't think I've seen anyone wear corduroy pants in like 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Same boat as MTM. I've never owned a pair of jeans. I prefer cargos, cords & khaki's to burlap sacks that have been dyed blue.
    I will often go grab coffee or to pick up a few things in the pre-8a.m. hrs in my Vinyard Vines flannel pj bottoms, a hoody, and Sanuks. There's also a fancy place that has Sunday brunch - 1/2 off in PJs.

But, I do not own any jeans...I find them quite uncomfortable.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

The anti-jean sentiment here is puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The anti-jean sentiment here is puzzling.
    It's downright un-American.

Jeans

Jeans are now a very popular article of casual dress around the world. They come in many styles and colors. However, blue jeans are particularly identified with US culture, especially the United States Old West.

I'm pretty sure those PINK emblazoned pants are supposed to be PJ's but I see them constantly when I'm out in public. The worst part is the really obese women wearing them a couple of sizes too small and it distorts the letters into a twisted fun-house mirror looking shape.

I've got a couple of pairs of nice cotton PJ sets from Nordstrom and one time I ran out in them to catch the garbage man who was apparently running early that morning. When he grabbed my can he said something like, "Nice jammies fella.". Those words cut like a knife. Never again, I said. Never again...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have occasionally run an errand in my pajama pants (which I don't use as pajamas, but lounging pants). what's the big deal, they're pants.
    As much as the last part of that is true and you can smugly say "hey, at least I am wearing pants."...

You sir are part of the problem. Wear sweat pants instead. Or better yet a track suit. :P

I feel a little uncomfortable even leaving the house in this sweet silver velour Puma track suit that I have because it's so soft that it could possibly be mistaken for PJ's by casual observers.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Until a minute ago the only person I'd ever heard of who claims to have never worn jeans was Rush Limbaugh.

Just because you dont wear jeans it doesnt mean you are anti-jean. Much in the same way if you dont hire Jews it doesnt necessarily mean you are an anti-Semite.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Until a minute ago the only person I'd ever heard of who claims to have never worn jeans was Rush Limbaugh.
    MTM and Rush, they're cut from the same cloth.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    MTM and Rush, they're cut from the same cloth.
    Apparently that cloth is not denim.

I wore them as a base layer under my ski pants one day. After skiing took bib off and people were saying "good idea".

But when I wear them to walk my dog people keep their distance. Once again proves skiers are more relaxed and chill
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

So why do people object so strongly to PJs as casual wear around town? I can't explain my own distaste for it in words. It is just a feeling. Lots of people have the same reaction. And there are a lot more hideous things than PJs that people seem to tolerate or even encourage. So WTF???

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Hey now, we can't all afford those fancy jeans you like to ski in.

I can't find a clip of this scene with Cary Grant and Claudette Colbert, where they met in a department store and he wants to buy a pajama top, but just the top, because he never wears the pants. And she wants pajamas too, but just the pants. Lubitsch ?

Since I saw it as a kid, I roll like Cary Grant.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    So why do people object so strongly to PJs as casual wear around town? I can't explain my own distaste for it in words. It is just a feeling. Lots of people have the same reaction. And there are a lot more hideous things than PJs that people seem to tolerate or even encourage. So WTF???
    For me it tends to be the rest of the package that comes with wearing pajamas in public but yeah, whatever, it's no skin off my nose if people want to do it. I wouldn't wear them and I would be uncomfortable if a friend showed up for a lunch date wearing them. They are certainly not acceptable in any business environment or service industry that comes to mind. Of the two people I saw yesterday I was more taken aback by the guy in the fuzzy pink Hello Kitty pants - again, it was the whole package not just the pajama aspect.

That said: