Page 162 of 261 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 6510
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    May I interest you in a fractional shed space?
    Do I need to attend a presentation about it and I get a steak dinner just for sitting through it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Wife and daughter:

“This vacuum cleaner is all messed up, it keeps overheating and stopping”

I walk over and see that the inlet to the dust container is clogged full of the debris from a house or three of vacuuming.

“You cant run this all clogged up, no wonder its overheating. Surprised if you vacuumed up anything this last time around”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Did you enjoy getting there vacuum cleaner shoved up your ass??
    Tact and subtlety, my good man, tact and subtlety.

The living areas in my home have been overtaken by Christmas decorations. To my uncouth eye it looks like clutter. But I have been assured that it is not clutter.

I guess it’s nice.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    The living areas in my home have been overtaken by Christmas decorations. To my uncouth eye it looks like clutter. But I have been assured that it is not clutter.

I guess it’s nice.
    FTS. Xmas holiday season is annoying as fuck.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Did you enjoy getting there vacuum cleaner shoved up your ass??
    Tact and subtlety, my good man, tact and subtlety.
    Beat me to it.
    Although I can’t even say something like: “Hey! Let me take a look at that. “Look here, you have to empty this part here, or it won’t suck up the stuff”,
    or I get accused of mansplaining.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I have the same issue with the vacuum cleaner. But my patience is low after explaining the problem over and over.
    I travelled back east for work before the turkey break, and my family followed a few days later as her family lives in that area. Day they were leaving, I get a text, the dryer stopped drying, I want a new dryer. Ok. I'll deal with it when I get home. Now I am home, and first thing I check, yep. Lint screen is totally clogged. Heater element failed. The two may or may not be related. But damn.
    I love her, but my god, she lives in some sort of world where you just use use use use use use and do zero checking or maintenance, and then it stops working. Wants a new one. Money doesn't grow on trees my dear.
    sigless.

Heh, I just had to replace the motorized head on our Dyson vac
    There was so much long hair wrapped up in it, the shaft wouldn't turn and the motor fried.
    I noticed it when cleaning the downstairs as a surprise to help out a harried Ms TBS.
    SURPRISE!

Motorized head on a Dyson? Ours just works off the vacuum suckage and is easy to clean. We have an Animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Our vacuum even has those parts made of clear plastic so that you can see the clog.
    How’s that saying go again? Right in sight, out of mind?

Le sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

^^^Yup, same here. The problem comes when she runs the vac over something wet - then the clear cover is obscured by an opaque paste of dust mites.

My wife is the opposite of not fixing anything. She bought a prewired xmas tree--so heavy our weightlifting son can barely put it up -- for $5 from the thrift, laboriously took off the old incandescents, laboriously wired it with LEDs, laboriously spliced the wires back together where the rats chewed them during the summer, is now in the process of repairing another section of chewed wires. (There is hope, I heard her tell a friend she might get rid of it but I'm not holding my breath.)
    Also, no matter how carefully we try to label which plug plugs into which plug on the next section it takes forever to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^Yup, same here. The problem comes when she runs the vac over something wet - then the clear cover is obscured by an opaque paste of dust mites.
    Ah. There's always more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Motorized head on a Dyson? Ours just works off the vacuum suckage and is easy to clean. We have an Animal.
    FWIW, I have a high end Shark, my second Shark and an upgrade from the first. The new one has some design that completely eliminates hair getting wrapped around the roller. Mysterious but incredible. Used to have to clean the old one every time I used it. No more. Highly recommended.

I have long hair that seems to get everywhere. Can't believe there's any left on my head considering what the vacuum picks up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Our house is long haired animals and Hoomans. Fucking hair everywhere, so vacuuming twice a week barely is enough. Funny to hear I am not the only long haired old fart here.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I love her, but my god, she lives in some sort of world where you just use use use use use use and do zero checking or maintenance, and then it stops working. Wants a new one. Money doesn't grow on trees my dear.

Are there women out there different than this?

To me it sort of relates to only getting gas when the gas warning light goes on.

“Oh I see you have less than a quarter tank, that will not last for your round trip drive to Pottery Barn and back, you should grab some gas (gas station literally a quarter mile away on the way to where she is going)”

Nope, the car says she has 50 miles left so she’s good, but her trip is 65 miles….

Put me down to another that can relate to being told a household device isn't working, and a new model is needed to be purchased. The vacuum isn't working, need a new one. I check the bag, replace, clean hair out of the rollers, and good to go. This includes the shopvacs in shed and basement. Our last house vac we purchased has a clear canister, so now she can clean it out herself. My ears are tingling that she is not overly happy with that process, so we'll see how long this model lasts.

FYI a dyson stick needs to be fully disassembled every year or two.

It’s fucking disgusting inside that cyclone shit.

This guy schooled me.

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

To me it sort of relates to only getting gas when the gas warning light goes on.

“Oh I see you have less than a quarter tank, that will not last for your round trip drive to Pottery Barn and back, you should grab some gas (gas station literally a quarter mile away on the way to where she is going)”

Nope, the car says she has 50 miles left so she’s good, but her trip is 65 miles….

Yes, any time I need to replace something my wife's first question is always "What is the cost of fixing it?"

When buying consumer goods she always asks "could we get something more expensive and more reliable"?

I think this might be more of an American consumer problem than a wife problem.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yes. Rare, but amazing. She's super proactive about keeping mechanical things in order. A keeper for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

My wife fixes things before I even know they are broken. Espresso machine not working? She’s got the back off and youtube going and she calls and orders parts and replaces them. Washing machine making funny noise? Top comes off (the washing machine I mean). Bike not shifting right? She takes courses to learn how to fix it herself. She’s the first person I go to with mountain bike shifting problems. She also makes more money than I do.

She is one in a million in this regard

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    My wife fixes things before I even know they are broken. Espresso machine not working? She’s got the back off and youtube going and she calls and orders parts and replaces them. Washing machine making funny noise? Top comes off (the washing machine I mean). Bike not shifting right? She takes courses to learn how to fix it herself. She’s the first person I go to with mountain bike shifting problems. She also makes more money than I do.

She is one in a million in this regard
    That's a keeper too. My wife will take the vacuum to be repaired, fix the sprinkler system, replace a toilet or a sink, hardwire a new light, but she would never take off the top of the washing machine and she drops her bike off to get fixed. No complaints on that front though.

To be fair my wife thinks the towels and sheets need to be folded to absolute perfection (because when guests see them in the linen closet that will communicate something to them about our cleanliness? Fastidious nature? Sense of order?)

Meanwhile if it weren’t for me our fridge would be full of rotting fruit and vegetables and dairy products and little bits of food splatter.

How a brain can hold both of these instincts/ideas simultaneously is not something I’ll likely ever understand.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    To be fair my wife thinks the towels and sheets need to be folded to absolute perfection (because when guests see them in the linen closet that will communicate something to them about our cleanliness? Fastidious nature? Sense of order?)

Meanwhile if it weren’t for me our fridge would be full of rotting fruit and vegetables and dairy products and little bits of food splatter.

How a brain can hold both of these instincts/ideas simultaneously is not something I’ll likely ever understand.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    she lives in some sort of world where you just use use use use use use and do zero checking or maintenance, and then it stops working. Wants a new one. Money doesn't grow on trees my dear.
    Thats how my wife was brought up, though she grew out of that habit pretty quickly once we started dating. The rest of her family still consumes like crazy. The rationalizations for their purchases are pretty wild sometimes, e.g. SIL had a 10x10 shed that needed a new roof & hubby can't swing a hammer, so they bought a whole new shed for like $4500 or something outrageous at the height of lumber prices. I remember her telling my wife "You don't understand, this is where we keep our mower and stuff!"
    WTF?

You guys with wife's that actually fix stuff are living the dream and that is very far from the reality I live. Before I die I better have a handyman, a few plumbers, an electrician and a housekeeper lined up for her or the place will be a mess in no time.