Page 179 of 261 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 6516
    I didn't know C and F become the same at -40 until a very cold morning at Lake Louise. -38 ... coldest ski day ever for me.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I long ago came to the conclusion that conversion factors for C and F really disintegrate once -20 hits. It really doesn't matter at that point.
    --40F = --40C. I learned that skiing the VB. (But it was mostly wind chill, which is BS, because I wasn't skiing naked.)

I learned it in HS. Physics or Chemistry, I forget which. We had to do the conversion factors and this was one of the exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I learned it in HS. Physics or Chemistry, I forget which. We had to do the conversion factors and this was one of the exercises.
    Well aren’t you a smarty pants

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    --40F = --40C. I learned that skiing the VB. (But it was mostly wind chill, which is BS, because I wasn't skiing naked.)
    The C degrees are fatter.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    On topic-ish: my ex wife used to use windchill temp when talking about winter weather without qualifying it, always for dramatic effect.
    focus.

Ha ^ Let me guess - headaches are called migraines, colds are flus, etc?! I've known that type.

All of that. She doesn’t have hypothyroidism, or even hashimoto’s, she has an autoimmune disorder, because doesn’t that sound so serious, especially during the pandemic?!

Obnoxious.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 01-29-2022 at 09:20 AM.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Was that C or F?
    what does it matter, just call in an airstrike
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    All of that. She doesn’t have hypothyroidism, or even hashimoto’s, she has an autoimmune disorder, because doesn’t that sound so serious, especially during the pandemic?! She’s a single mom who makes $18/hour and it’s so hard, nevermind that I’ll take the kids at any/every opportunity beyond the not quite half custody time I’m entitled to, run all doctor visits and most school extras, and the $40k/year she gets post-tax via support (which I don’t begrudge, but she has more cash now than she ever had in her life).

Obnoxious.
    Offff

However many are in a shit ton.

Here's one I was witness to today.. Been in this one first hand several times..

Right other side of self checkout before the store exit.. Folks with a cart filled to the top with bgged groceries, lady is arguing with the employee who stands there and fixes error shit while people are checking out... Apparently she rang up something twice but didn't realized it until she paid.. Store employee was telling her she had to go to customer service to get it fixed.. Man says there's a huge line there and says "do we really have to go stand in that Line over A DOLLAR AND FIFTEEN CENTS??" Store employee says yes... only way. Lady still standing there tapping her foot and babbling shit I couldn't understand. Man says let's just go and try to pay more attention next time at the register before we pay... Lady wasn't having it.. Man says "fine go have fun with that" and he sits on the bench by the eye glasses place there. Lady heads off towards customer service with the cart LOLOLOL!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

It's the principle

Husband is dumb. Should have volunteered to go get the second one they already paid for and GTFO.

Couple weeks ago, Mrs. Plug gave me a compliment. Huh. I kind of sat there dumbfounded. I know she’s playing the long game, I just can’t figure it out.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Husband is dumb. Should have volunteered to go get the second one they already paid for and GTFO.
    This ^^^ was my thought, too.

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    This ^^^ was my thought, too.

skiJ
    Definitely a preferred solution.. What's the best solve for the "didn't ring up at the loyalty club price" dilemma? Pretty sure I'd get punched in the face if I reached in my pocket and handed her a quarter..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

genius

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1645635938.864184.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	407134
    focus.

Missus forced the door key into the ignition on the plow truck…couldn’t get it to turn off….glad I got home early

I rip the groomed on tele gear

My wife got a free day of heli skiing while I went to work. Then spent the entire evening talking about how awesome it was.

Last year I got royally bitched for talking about my touring day for 30 minutes after I got home while she recovered from minor knee surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    My wife got a free day of heli skiing while I went to work. Then spent the entire evening talking about how awesome it was.

Last year I got royally bitched for talking about my touring day for 30 minutes after I got home while she recovered from minor knee surgery.
    sounds like she's earned the right to boast since she has way more game than you scoring a free day of heli laps..........

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post

I mean, one of those things is actually pretty cool

Who wants to hear stories about a day of touring?

“Well hun, we went up, and up, and up some more. Then we took our skins off and skied down…..amazing!!”

Haha

Lucky wife.

Damnit guys! Let me bask in my self loathing for not having better friends.

I do 97% of the food shopping. Every once in a while wife comes along. Buys a handful the same shit I get every time.
    “Oh, I’m sorry it’s so expensive. Maybe we should put some of it back”.
    “Darlin, it’s expensive because you’ve barely seen the inside of a store in 20 years and forgot that things cost money. And inflation happened”

Then we get to the check out and she watches it like a fucking IRS auditor. Like, thank fucking god you’re here to make sure we got the BOGO on avocados!

However many are in a shit ton.