Page 155 of 265 FirstFirst ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 6620
    Been with USAA for about 2.5 decades. They have DEFINITELY gone downhill. Costs are way up and services aren't what they used to be. I'm currently shopping around for a replacement. FWIW, when I was in Montana, I used Safeco and they were way better.

Their banking is starting to blow now too. Sucks, because both their insurance and banking services used to be fantastic.

AAA's road side service used to be really great... and in recent years they've gone way downhill, at least in my experience along with a few other friends who have been left waiting for hours. I suspect they decreased the number of providers in various areas to cut down on expenses.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Been with USAA for about 2.5 decades.

Their banking is starting to blow now too. Sucks, because both their insurance and banking services used to be fantastic.
    No doubt. When we bought our current house, I needed to use a VA loan to avoid PMI and didn't have the cash for a 20% down payment until the house we were living in sold. I called USAA (had used them to finance 2 previous home purchases) and the dimwit on the other end said I couldn't use a VA loan for a vacation home. When I told her it wasn't a vacation home, rather our permanent residence, she said, "Well, it's on a lake so we don't believe you."

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    AAA's road side service used to be really great... and in recent years they've gone way downhill, at least in my experience along with a few other friends who have been left waiting for hours. I suspect they decreased the number of providers in various areas to cut down on expenses.
    Wow. So even AAA has gone downhill. That stinks. I pay for roadside assistance with USAA (SOP for having aging Euro cars), and when my car overheated and coolant system blew out recently, I had to wait about 5 hours for a tow. At night. In a sketch part of town. Had to call back a few times to get helped, and a nice customer service rep straight up told me that these days they've gone with the lowest bidders for tow providers. First tow truck they arranged said it'd be 2 hours, and after he was late, I got a notification saying the tow was cancelled. Dude bailed on the job. Then after waiting another hour, they still hadn't found me a ride, so I called again and they said due to the circumstances, they'd bump my request up to their higher tier of providers (who cost them more). So in a nutshell, USAA and AAA are just being cheap asses.

After my last couple tow experiences, this is why I think it is freaking idiotic to run your tank dry. "IT's OK! RoADSiDe ASSiSTanCe (or husband) WiLL jUSt CoME To mY ResCUe!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I called USAA (had used them to finance 2 previous home purchases) and the dimwit on the other end said I couldn't use a VA loan for a vacation home. When I told her it wasn't a vacation home, rather our permanent residence, she said, "Well, it's on a lake so we don't believe you."
    HA! They treated me the same way on my home in Big Sky! Because some dorky appraiser (who came from Great Falls) informed them about its proximity to the resort, some idiot processor at USAA then gave me the third degree about that, saying I'd be using it as a vacation home and I had to sign more bullcrap promising it was going to be my primary residence. They even questioned things that don't even factor into a home value at all, like the non-functioning hot tub or random appliance like a broken microwave that was in there. Ooh, they sucked to deal with. Not recommended for mortgage services either.

I love USAA for the cheaper car insurance they provide us but I could make a living off the loans they fuck up.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I question paying for AAA every year when it comes up.
    But they’ve come when called and been pretty helpful when needed. And they don’t care if you are a passenger or a driver or even a neighbor as long as you are there with your card to verify the callout.
    So, my takeaway is: cheap roadside insurance at the cost

I’m sure everyone has their own experience. I’ve had nothing but great service from SF road side assistance. I think it’s like $6 a month on three vehicles

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    USAA went south 15 years ago. It’s overpriced and the service isn’t great. Why pay extra to get fucked around with when you have an issue?

Every few years I circle back around to see if they’ve got it sorted, and every few years they reaffirm that they no longer deserve my business.

Firmly on the “do not recommend” list for me.
    Yeah, been with USAA for 30 years, and they definitely went downhill a long time ago, and have been riding on an old reputation. The only reason I am still with them is inertia.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My wife has worked for USAA for about 6 months. Everyday she is shocked at their ineptitude. Apparently (my wife’s view not official) they promote based on tenure instead of merit. That should tell you all you need to know.

I think Schwab bought USAA a few yrs ago. Sounds like it started declining prior to that though.

And thanks for all the good ideas on how much more I can ask my husband to do.
    You guys gas up your wife’s cars? and clean them too? dang
    i’m going to tell him I learned it on tgr
    skid luxury

Schwab just bought some of the investment accounts.
    focus.

I had to sue USAA as one of their customers on a bicycle ran a red light and hit Thing #3 in a crosswalk years ago. It resulted in a TBI. They offered me less than the total of his medical bills.

The lawyer who handled the case for us said they were always terrible -"the worst" - to deal with in terms of paying claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Schwab just bought some of the investment accounts.
    yeah, that was weird, I am not sure exactly what happened, but schwab serviced some of the accounts for a while, through the USAA portal, then someone named Victory Capital serviced the accounts. All I know is that USAA got out of the investment biz entirely, and all my mutual funds went to Victory. I did drop them at that point for investments and moved to vanguard, because the only reason I left my investments with USAA was the ease of having banking, insurance, and investments all in one place. But still do my banking and insurance through them.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think the agent matters quite a bit - I’ve gotten great agents in my last couple of locations with Liberty Mutual. They’ve been solid people who have helped me when needed + unbeatable rates. Hopefully that luck continues when I move next - it’s really helpful to have a local insurance agent because dealing with insurance sucks.

My only other experience was with Amica and that was really awful, glad to have switched.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, that was weird, I am not sure exactly what happened, but schwab serviced some of the accounts for a while, through the USAA portal, then someone named Victory Capital serviced the accounts. All I know is that USAA got out of the investment biz entirely, and all my mutual funds went to Victory. I did drop them at that point for investments and moved to vanguard, because the only reason I left my investments with USAA was the ease of having banking, insurance, and investments all in one place. But still do my banking and insurance through them.
    I've known you for a long time, and I could never figure out the military connection. I should have just asked, so after a couple decades, I am.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Likely a depended of a military parent. Mt wife's dad was in the Navy and us and our kids have USAA access thanks to Frank.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    How do you run out of gas?

pre-occupied

I actulay ran out 3 times

in a row

So how the fuck does that happen ?

the getting divorced process, which is entirely appropo of this thread,

I think i started carrying spare gas
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    ...they promote based on tenure instead of merit. That should tell you all you need to know.
    That's pretty much true of every company I've ever worked for. They may say otherwise, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    That's pretty much true of every company I've ever worked for. They may say otherwise, but...
    Yea, they reward loyalty like people are dogs. The people that are actually really good at their jobs and can improve a company just leave and get a new job elsewhere promoting themselves.

It should be a mix of both ideally.

You get people straight out of college or HS and work somewhere 40 years. That may work in some industries that don’t require innovation but I’ve seen the negative more than the positive.

I went to State Farm for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Seriously interested in what insurance you found to be better/cheaper. Yes, their customer service went way downhill when they opened it up to all ranks. I got pissed off at them in 2009 and tried to find auto insurance with anybody else but couldn't find anything even remotely close in price/coverage (I had 4 kids on my policy back then).

We have 3 cars and pay $1,500 every 6 months. Really high coverage (like $1M liability) with a $500 deductible. I haven't found any company close to USAA for coverage and cost for insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    pre-occupied

I actulay ran out 3 times

in a row

So how the fuck does that happen ?

the getting divorced process…
    Say no more. I locked myself out of my truck at least twice during that process.

AAA is for people that dont drive Toyotas or are space cadets.