Page 161 of 265 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 6620
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Love mine. Be warned that you can easily take off a lot of metal. Get a good edge and keep it using the honing (3rd) slot instead of letting them get all the way dull and having to start at slot 1 again.
    I’m just hoping I can get my Katana razor sharp

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Discussed in this thread back in March 2021: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...68#post6273268
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Discussed in this thread back in March 2021: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...68#post6273268
    Too manly to be disguised as a wife Xmas gift.

But that thing looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    So, yesterday I find an empty box taking up 90% of the space in the recycle bin.
    So wait, you’re telling me you have a wife that doesn’t just open the door to the garage and toss the box out there to be magically broken down and put in the recycle bin???

They still make those?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    We got the damn scissors that cut pennies, but she uses the good stuff. I barely use the paring knife anyway, but I won't throw it away.
    I will let her use the good stuff to cut open boxes, cause it will justify the sweet knife sharpening system I am going to buy myself for x-mas.
    I hate paring knives. If I have to cut open a box, I grab the paring knife. That's literally all I ever use it for, is there actually a legitimate kitchen use for one, like, a task no other knife works well at? Other than opening Amazon boxes, obviously.

The only legit use I've seen for them is old hairy ladies peeling shit.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    I hate paring knives. If I have to cut open a box, I grab the paring knife. That's literally all I ever use it for, is there actually a legitimate kitchen use for one, like, a task no other knife works well at? Other than opening Amazon boxes, obviously.
    You sir are obviously on drugs.

Well, obviously

and a heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Paring?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    So wait, you’re telling me you have a wife that doesn’t just open the door to the garage and toss the box out there to be magically broken down and put in the recycle bin??
    QFT. Apparently, it is always my job to break things down to make sure they fit in the bin regardless of who used the last of the items in the box. Cleaning the garage today I found 8! boxes to break down.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I’m just hoping I can get my Katana razor sharp

Been neglecting your Hattori Hanzõ?

So wait, you’re telling me you have a wife that doesn’t just open the door to the garage and toss the box out there to be magically broken down and put in the recycle bin???

They still make those?
    At least yours throws it into the garage. Around here the box would stay in the middle of the hallway next to the front door. I've left a box or two in there for a period of time to see if it bothers her and she ends up putting it in the recycling, but apparently no, I'm the only one who is bothered by this and end up flattening boxes and discarding packing materials.

I also got a box cutter knife, keeping it close to the front door to help her open boxes, but she still goes to the kitchen to get some scissors, opens them flat and hacks away at the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    At least yours throws it into the garage. Around here the box would stay in the middle of the hallway next to the front door. I've left a box or two in there for a period of time to see if it bothers her and she ends up putting it in the recycling, but apparently no, I'm the only one who is bothered by this and end up flattening boxes and discarding packing materials.

I also got a box cutter knife, keeping it close to the front door to help her open boxes, but she still goes to the kitchen to get some scissors, opens them flat and hacks away at the tape.
    Funny, I just had a conversation this morning ASKING my wife to leave boxes by the door. For some reason she refuses to break them down.. this week Recycling was picked up on Thu and she filed the big bin with like 4 boxes by Friday.

Also box cutters with replaceable razor blades FTW.

I love mine and use it all the time.

Name:  42474633.jpeg
Views: 752
Size:  32.5 KB

Those folding ones are a huge improvement over the old sliding style.

Well, obviously
    I like you Betty.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

I like you Betty.
    It's Danny sir

Anyone else like a house full of burnt plastic smell? Me either. Mrs. C just got a fancy tea pot-the electric kind that you set the temp and it looks trendy so of course expensive. I cleaned up after Thanksgiving cooking and left it sitting on the stove with other dishes and pots to be put away. Out of matter of habit, she filled the pot with water, set it back on the base, and started the gas burner and then went to another room.

She was embarrassed. Said it's something someone with dementia would do. Then cried. New bases are backordered. I guess some lessons are more painful than others. #firstworld.........

They still make those?
    No no no, she mostly does that, or puts a shitload of stuff in the boxes that can't be recycled and then dumps them right outside the door where I either have to trip over them or bring them to the bin. WHEN she decides to bring everything out there, she loads 1 or 2 empty boxes in the bn and then stacks the rest outside. I have taken to asking her to just put the boxes out in the garage without loading them with other garbage. That is a win.

I use a folding Buck knife that is razor sharp. I find it easier to use than the razor knives, and it hooks onto my belt or pocket easily for box breaking down duties.

You guys let your wives in the garage? wierd.

The kennel takes up space you know.

We both keep stuff for some of our other hobbies there. But just like with the bathroom counter, I have to be on my toes, otherwise my workbench would be taken over by gardening things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    We both keep stuff for some of our other hobbies there. But just like with the bathroom counter, I have to be on my toes, otherwise my workbench would be taken over by gardening things.
    May I interest you in a fractional shed space?

Wife and daughter:

“This vacuum cleaner is all messed up, it keeps overheating and stopping”

I walk over and see that the inlet to the dust container is clogged full of the debris from a house or three of vacuuming.

“You cant run this all clogged up, no wonder its overheating. Surprised if you vacuumed up anything this last time around”

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.