Page 151 of 267 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 6655
    having pulled 1/2 way into the garage ms MoN decides to hit the button on remote garage door clicker. Because reasons, ok?
    Doesn't bother to stop pulling in, or to hit the button again because "the sensor will notice and the door will go back up" (the sensor shoots pretty low, lower than say, the body of the truck between the wheels)

So the door keeps closing, she keeps pulling in. The door hits the roof of the truck .. she's still pulling in, door catches on the roof rack cross bars, and rips the garage door off half its rollers, leaving fatal folds and creases two of the door panels. I'm not sure if the track or spring or opener are intact.

"I feel kinda stupid"

"I bet" (not the correct response, I gathered)
    north bound horse.

I hit the garage door button on the rearview mirror when I adjusted the mirror before backing out. Didn't notice the door coming down until I hit it. Just bent a little, still works fine.

Our 20 yr old garage door is noisy as hell. Kinda like being in an MRI. You didn’t hear it at all?

You guys can fit cars in your garages? Where the hell is all your stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

Every summer our garage fills up with stuff. Every Fall we have an oh shit afternoon spent cleaning it up in anticipation of a major snow storm.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Every summer our garage fills up with stuff. Every Fall we have an oh shit afternoon spent cleaning it up in anticipation of a major snow storm.
    Every Halloween are the trees filled with underwear?

Every spring do the toilets explode??

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Every Halloween are the trees filled with underwear?

Every spring do the toilets explode??
    You're on double secret probation!

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post

"I feel kinda stupid"

"Because you are" (...and you'll pay for the door)
    ...would have netted you 15 extra points.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

RIP Norm.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Amazingly keep the 2 car garage roomy enough for two cars. the problem is I own five. Plus a yami.
    "Can't you see..."

So my wife has been waiting on a Bronco Sport that's been on order since March and originally supposed to be available in May. Now the projected delivery date is Christmas Eve and she reached the "f*** this" level necessary to go find one that's close enough on a lot.

Having waited since March, you'd think we could take our time (while being aware that stock is limited). Nope. Had to figure out out immediately.

Ugh, okay. That then raised the possibility that we were going to be taking her car in for a trade, so on Sunday I tried to get it clean. Multiple hours later, I get yelled at for taking too long. Clearly my fault and not a result of her never cleaning anything up in the interior, to the point where she'd thoroughly ground dirt into the driver's side carpet, spattered coffee everywhere within a foot of the cupholders, etc.

I'm making sure the new car has big floormats from day one.

Of course, then we ended up finding what she wanted far enough away that I didn't want to drive the used car over and then need to negotiate value, so instead it's sitting in the driveway and I get to sell it on the internet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    So my wife has been waiting on a Bronco Sport that's been on order since March and originally supposed to be available in May. Now the projected delivery date is Christmas Eve and she reached the "f*** this" level necessary to go find one that's close enough on a lot.

Having waited since March, you'd think we could take our time (while being aware that stock is limited). Nope. Had to figure out out immediately.

Ugh, okay. That then raised the possibility that we were going to be taking her car in for a trade, so on Sunday I tried to get it clean. Multiple hours later, I get yelled at for taking too long. Clearly my fault and not a result of her never cleaning anything up in the interior, to the point where she'd thoroughly ground dirt into the driver's side carpet, spattered coffee everywhere within a foot of the cupholders, etc.

Of course, then we ended up finding what she wanted far enough away that I didn't want to drive the used car over and then need to negotiate value, so instead it's sitting in the driveway and I get to sell it on the internet.

Winning.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Yes, but did she cram garbage and used masks into every cubby, nook, and storage space in the car, along with garbage? Because my wife loves to do that.

My wife's car has adopted the nickname "RD" which stands for Rolling Dumpster. She mentioned that all/most dumpsters roll, so it's morphing into "The D."

This is the reason why murderers never get away with topping off their victims in a car.

There just ain't no way of getting the car "clean enough" for a trade, let alone getting away with murder.

Of course, you can always go and bale the car and hope for the best.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Yes, but did she cram garbage and used masks into every cubby, nook, and storage space in the car, along with garbage? Because my wife loves to do that.
    I've managed to mostly convince her to bring that stuff into the house and put it in the garbage periodically. The number of iced coffee cups she can accumulate in a week is scary, though.

I did find paperwork from a previous car purchase in the glovebox when I went looking for her registration last year. It wasn't the immediately preceding car either, so presumably it just went from one glovebox to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Same wife?

Kicking myself for not getting a picture, but I walked by m'lady the other night and she was eating a panzerotti FROM BOTH ENDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Kicking myself for not getting a picture, but I walked by m'lady the other night and she was eating a panzerotti FROM BOTH ENDS.
    Like half in her mouth and half in her ass???

Hot.

Ah. So this classic meme IS true:

You don’t have to clean a car for trade in. They are gonna detail it anyway.

My wife does a 3 year lease, doesn’t clean it once then turns it in for a new lease.

So the only time her car is clean is for a couple weeks every 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    You don’t have to clean a car for trade in. They are gonna detail it anyway.
    You are correct, sir. I was a detailer at a dealer ages ago and people would sometimes bring their cars in TRASHED. Dealers (typically) go on a few factors to calculate "trade-in value" and how much trash is in there does not usually come into play. You used to get ripped off on trade-ins, but the beauty of said trade is that you can just bring in your car as is, and let it be their problem. "Here's the keys. Have fun cleaning it." That's why one takes the hit on a trade versus selling private party.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Ah. So this classic meme IS true:

Not so in this household. Clean for both of me. FEMA natural disaster scene for the wife.

This story is awesome and I feel your pain on the wife car cleaning thing. Drives me nuts...

Stay strong man...

Women, can't live with em
    Can't kill em

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app