Page 202 of 265 FirstFirst ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 6620
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Agreed. I absolutely do not care if anybody else cares about my anniversary. As long as I remember it, that's all that matters, and I've even failed a time or two at that. What's weird though is when people get all butthurtz when you don't make a big deal about theirs. My mom, for example. She gets super hurt when her kids don't call to say happy anniversary, but on the flipside, it's not like she's ever called us to do the same. Same with Mother's Day. The onus is always on US for some reason. If we don't call, it's not like we receive a call from her. That's gotta be some kinda narcissistic or borderline personality crap when other people expect you to make a huge deal about stuff like that. Especially when they don't reciprocate. Not that we want them to or anything. Some strange behavior if you ask me.
    It's because she *BIRTHED* you. And there's no trumping that.

Who else is this true for?

Attachment 436947
    I made the mistake of showing my wife a meme like this a couple of years ago, and it did not go well.

She pulled out an example from like five years prior of when I had turned on a closet light getting ready for work

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Question: do any of you people ever celebrate someone else's anniversary?

Latest MIL text last night "hey it's [sister-in-law's] 25th anniversary in a couple weeks do you want to contribute to a gift"
    Like, no I don't. I don't celebrate other people's anniversaries. If they have a party or whatever and invite me then yeah, but otherwise that's their business and has nothing to do with me. I usually call the dude and tell him happy anniversary on the phone but that's only because it's the same day as my birthday so he wishes me happy birthday and it's funny. But I have never ever cared about anyone else's anniversary; I have a hard enough time remembering my own.
    Heh, I don’t even give a shit about my own anniversary. Not that I don’t love my wife I’ve just never been a “let’s celebrate this thing that happened 365 days ago every 365 days for the rest of our lives” kinda guy.

My daughter’s birthday excluded.

Bah humbug

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I made the mistake of showing my wife a meme like this a couple of years ago, and it did not go well.

She pulled out an example from like five years prior of when I had turned on a closet light getting ready for work

Name:  women-cant-live-with.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  88.5 KB

Who else is this true for?
    Actually just happened this morning. Gave the wife a lecture on slicing an apple vs. violently chopping it and also trying to cut through the cutting board with the knife when preparing her lunch for the day. I was basically told to F off.

Question: do any of you people ever celebrate someone else's anniversary?

Latest MIL text last night "hey it's [sister-in-law's] 25th anniversary in a couple weeks do you want to contribute to a gift"
    Like, no I don't. I don't celebrate other people's anniversaries. If they have a party or whatever and invite me then yeah, but otherwise that's their business and has nothing to do with me. I usually call the dude and tell him happy anniversary on the phone but that's only because it's the same day as my birthday so he wishes me happy birthday and it's funny. But I have never ever cared about anyone else's anniversary; I have a hard enough time remembering my own.
    thats right up there with the gender reveal parties which I don't get either

I'm just suprised and happy for anyone who has managed to stay married for another year
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    JHC, the receipts these ladies keep is insane. And they seem to have them handy in an instant.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    JHC, the receipts these ladies keep is insane. And they seem to have them handy in an instant.
    Hahaha. Ain't that the truth. They will remember every minute detail from some completely innocuous conversation from 20 years ago, but somehow can't remember to get the oil changed on the car, the tires rotated, or most any other vital component of vehicle or home maintenance. "An air filter? WTF is that?" LMAO

Actually just happened this morning. Gave the wife a lecture on slicing an apple vs. violently chopping it and also trying to cut through the cutting board with the knife when preparing her lunch for the day. I was basically told to F off.
    Does your wife also consistently use the smallest knife in the block no matter what the cutting job, thus almost cutting her fingers on multiple occasions?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Does your wife also consistently use the smallest knife in the block no matter what the cutting job, thus almost cutting her fingers on multiple occasions?
    Let's not get into knife-abuse by wives... man... just keep your grubby paws off my ONE good knife.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    O Jesus, don't get me started. She will use a steak knife to cut everything badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Has anyone ever seen a female sharpen a knife?

I guess Girl Scouts skips the whole “a dull knife is a dangerous knife” teaching philosophy.

I can’t watch my mom cut anything, she grabs a steak knife and presses it against what she wants to cut back into her thumb. She only nearly cuts her thumb of 3 or 4 times a year, no wonder she never just grabs a cutting board and a decent knife. Like either of the fine German blades I gave her for Xmas five or six years ago.

My wife prefers the flexible boning knife as her all purpose knife. It's painful to watch. There's a drawer full of better knives for whatever she needs to cut, slice, chop. And they are sharp. Actually, I get regular complaints that they are too sharp. Oh, for a stroll down memory lane, that boning knife is missing it's tip because of something she was doing that shouldn't be done with a boning knife. For the bonus, she likes to slice directly on a plate. Which is why the knives are routinely sharpened. Otherwise I could just touch them up occasionally with slot 3, the honing disk.

Not even thinking about gas until the car notifies her it’s empty………boggles my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If there is one thing that kills me in the kitchen it is the knife abuse.

Case in point: her mother was on one of her globetrotting trips and stopped by a vendor that sold handmade knives. Thinking of me, MiL had a fish knife special made for me. Of course the metal isn’t stainless, and needs special care to keep the rust off it. What does my wonderful wife do while I am away for a couple days? Use the knife and, like her treatment of our other stainless kitchen knives (and my high-end garden/pruning blades FWIW), leaves it wet and dirty on the rack for a couple of days. Come back to several rust spots that I still haven’t fully polished out. Her care of said knife has improved, but barely.

And yes, I’ve been admonished that sometimes our knives are too sharp, especially after using them without a cutting board. The Swedish chef strikes again!

Yeah my ex wife would cut herself and was better off with dull knives, entirely blowing the sharp-knife-is- safer theory out of the water
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I e always tried to be stealthy in the morning and she never has so over the recent past I've taken to doing the dishes around 6:30am (I'm an early riser) while my coffee is brewing. At least she can't say I never do the dishes.

My surgeon wife has her own $10 set of color-coded cuisinart knives after taking a huge chunk out of the Japanese carbon steel. We don’t ever fight about knives.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I e always tried to be stealthy in the morning and she never has so over the recent past I've taken to doing the dishes around 6:30am (I'm an early riser) while my coffee is brewing. At least she can't say I never do the dishes.
    Solid move. Make sure to slam the cabinets and clatter the dishes around for full effect.

https://www.tiktok.com/@markuspeter/...09866509126918

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    My surgeon wife has her own $10 set of color-coded cuisinart knives after taking a huge chunk out of the Japanese carbon steel. We don’t ever fight about knives.
    My wife gave me grief for buying a MAC Santoku. But now it's the only knife she uses. Which is fine.

(You should have talked to me before marrying a surgeon. And of course surgeons only use disposable blades, so taking care of them is anathema.)

Ok this dull/wrong/small knife talk is killing me over here. She literally only uses a beat up paring knife or an even more beat up slicer knife (kinda like a std chef knife but half the size), for everything.

I've given this to gf's past and it's always been a hit. Keeps them off of my knives.

https://www.globalcutleryusa.com/cla...d-cook-s-knife

Pair it with a https://accusharp.com/product/001/ for the full package.

Not a bad investment at all.

Disclaimer: this is not relationship advice. Do your own research.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

GFs past

things will pretty much always be “GFs past” for you man
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    GFs past

things will pretty much always be “GFs past” for you man
    I certainly don't expect to get married. You just provided one of many data points.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Fkna with the gender reveals. I’ve heard three people mention it this week. We’re having our first in May, when the non-invasive neonatal results came back we simply read the piece of paper, “it’s a girl.” Yup, it’s a girl. Gender revealed. No need to blow anything up with pink dynamite for fucks sake.