Page 214 of 265 FirstFirst ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 6620
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Well Tom Hanks says that Champagne is good when mixed with Diet Coke. He calls is "Cokeagne" and just proves why he is an American treasure. But I still think that it'd give me a hangover.
    Ooof. That sounds nasty.

Mimosas and bloodies are for morning drinkers.

Good champagne is for sipping. And not half bad if you like white wine. Prosecco and cava are for mimosas. But even then, why bother

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    try a night of the purest alcohol and report back
    well pure alcohol or even hard spirits do not need preservative while wine does

i made kit wines for many years so you end up with an Ok bottle of 12$ quality wine but with a lot less preservative so no hangover and my buddy who would get head-aches from store bought wine didnt get them with my plonk
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I live in a world absent of color. Black, white, grey, beige, greige…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1674331970.241481.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	801.2 KB 
ID:	443760

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I doubt it. Alcohol's certainly part of the equation, but sugars definitely are too. There have been numerous times in my life that I went completely dry for months at a time just because. Thought it might be good to give the 'ol liver a break once in a while. Any time I'd still go out to bars, serving as designated driver, I'd stick to soft drinks which are loaded with sugar of course. I'd STILL feel like complete ass in the morning, even with zero alcohol. Which made me realize just how much the sugars, combined with fatigue staying out all night has an effect on your wellbeing. Sometimes a smoky bar environment on top of that. Now toss alcohol into the mix, and of course that's a recipe for disaster. Make it CHEAP alcohol and now you're really gonna pay for it.

We've ALL had rowdy hangovers from shit tequilas like Jose Cuervo. I've also tied one on with top tier tequilas and zero hangover. Same goes for most any cheap wine or spirit. TJ's 2 Buck Chuck gives me a wicked hangover, even after taking it easy with only a couple glasses. Tastes like ass tho, so whatever. Don't need to bother. A quality wine does not have the same effect on me, even after pounding a whole bottle. Cheap champagne? Forget it! You're gonna pay for that. You still will with a more expensive one since like everyone's already said, you are GOING to polish off that entire bottle (or 3), but at least the hangover won't be quite AS pronounced. On the flip side, I can put down a LOT of bourbon and be totally fine the next morning. Has like zero negative effect on me for some reason, regardless of quality.
    Um, okay. You get hangovers from soda yet can down a 5th of bourbon and feel fine the next day.

You got some weird diabetic alcoholism thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Am I correct in assuming she is making you chose paint ?

I've known at least a couple of women who would carry the paint samples around in their purse full time

My inlaws wanted a "new color."

They were testing color samples on the wall of their house. I said "where?"

They painted the wall with shades so slight you had to stand a certain angle to have a hint of a color change. They then custom shaded one of those a tick or two and wasted a month painting their house an imperceptibly different shade.

They have way too much free time.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Um, okay. You get hangovers from soda yet can down a 5th of bourbon and feel fine the next day.

You got some weird diabetic alcoholism thing going on.
    It is true I have very strange metabolism. However, sugar hangovers are totally a thing. This piece lays it out, but also makes a VERY good point about sugary drinks "leading you to drink more than intended. ... It is very easy to drink a larger amount of alcohol when in combination with a yummy and sweet mixer that masks the flavor of alcohol." That's probably the ultimate answer to this whole debate.
    https://www.insider.com/guides/healt...cause-hangover

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    My inlaws wanted a "new color."

They were testing color samples on the wall of their house. I said "where?"

They painted the wall with shades so slight you had to stand a certain angle to have a hint of a color change. They then custom shaded one of those a tick or two and wasted a month painting their house an imperceptibly different shade.

They have way too much free time.
    Paint IS very expensive nowadays not that i painted anything I just let the tennant do it all and paid for the paint

but actulay a real man's man probably can only tell the difference between black or white and maybe the primary colors if he is lucky but there are shades of everything.

The GF several back would say yeah well that color has some of this or that in it and if you look for it she was right I just couldn't see it without a woman to tell me

the next GF was color blind so things were pretty drab

I think the thing to do is just pick a scheme from the paint mfger

You’ve been to my house?

I’m building a banquette that’ll have a painted MDF base and a fabric cushion. Wife comes home all excited with samples for dozen different grays.

Her - “Which one do you like?” Me - “Uh, they all look the same. Wouldn’t it be easier to find a fabric we like first and then match the paint to that?”

Much silence followed.

well there are 50 shades of grey

2,500 shades of greige

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Ray Davies penned Lola with his thoughts on American ‘champagne’:

“The line "You drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola" was recorded as "it tastes just like Coca-Cola." The British Broadcasting Company (BBC) refused to play it because of the commercial reference, so Ray Davies flew from New York to London to change the lyric and get the song on the air.”

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

There are nice Proseccos. They aren’t that common at chain stores or with many of the biggest distributors but they do exist.

https://www.foodandwine.com/wine/cha...seccos-try-now

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Most of the good Cava / Prosecco doesn’t leave Penedes / Veneto. Producers are small, why try to export when you can sell it all locally, why try to educate the NA populace when they’d just buy based on the graphic design of the label.

Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    It is true I have very strange metabolism. However, sugar hangovers are totally a thing. This piece lays it out, but also makes a VERY good point about sugary drinks "leading you to drink more than intended. ... It is very easy to drink a larger amount of alcohol when in combination with a yummy and sweet mixer that masks the flavor of alcohol." That's probably the ultimate answer to this whole debate.
    https://www.insider.com/guides/healt...cause-hangover
    Are you sure you read and understood that article?

Sometimes I drink a ton of beers and feel like a bag of old dicks the next morning. Sometimes I drink a ton of the same beers and feel fine and dandy. Dunno what the difference is.

Anyone else wake up after boozing it up really horny though? It's strange, but noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Sometimes I drink a ton of beers and feel like a bag of old dicks the next morning. Sometimes I drink a ton of the same beers and feel fine and dandy. Dunno what the difference is.

Anyone else wake up after boozing it up really horny though? It's strange, but noticeable.
    https://youtu.be/EW0cLM9Kj1Q

Aww yes, the classic undeserved hangover that just doesn't compute. You do the math and things just don't add up. And then the other times you can go interplanetary and wake up feeling %100 the next day.

And yeah the next day hornyness is a real thing.

Wait .... you're saying morning horniness without alcohol the night before is not allowed?!?!?

A handful of times I had like 3 beers, woke up and puked the next morning. Feels very unfair to not get hammered and still puke. Old age is a bitch.

Yeah. The hangover without getting drunk is a real kick in the nuts.

I can’t drink any IPAs without a hangover anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Her - “Which one do you like?” Me - “Uh, they all look the same. Wouldn’t it be easier to find a fabric we like first and then match the paint to that?”

Much silence followed.
    Well, duh, it's obvious that you don't care!
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

A brewer friend of mine thinks some yeast don’t agree with some people.

Personally, I think it’s always cheap booze that hurts me because they load it down with preservatives once they like the flavor profile. If you’re going to let it sit around warm you gotta add the preservatives, so you might as well do it at the optimal time. Works for making it taste decent. Gives me a headache before I finish the first drink sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I can’t drink any IPAs without a hangover anymore.
    With the percentages they are being brewed, I completely get this. A big night at a pub in the PNW for me is 3 IPAs. Pretty damn hammered after that.