Page 174 of 265 FirstFirst ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 6622
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I have an insinkerator but rarely use it.

My grandma accumulated a ton of stuff, and of course all of it was either valuable or would be definitely used at some point. Every time my parents/aunts/uncles would visit they would each take a few obviously long-unused items home and dispose of them. Saved a ton of time later when she finally had to move out of that house.
    Grams saved some stuff too ...

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Y'all are high as fuck. There is nothing wrong with that kitchen. Those cabinets are nothing like the builder-grade, raised panel, red oak abominations that I have in my kitchen.
    Agreed. And we just put in a new kitchen. I would not have if my old kitchen was that nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im a total pack rat with marginal orginizational skills
    sumtimes i wonder
    what was that goofy girl thinkin
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Pffft. Macgyver would take that shallow bowl and using the contents build a fusion reactor to save the world.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    We have the same kettle and I just used it to reheat my coffee. In my defense, we don’t have a microwave and I rinse and clean the kettle directly after pouring the coffee out.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    We have the same kettle and I just used it to reheat my coffee. In my defense, we don’t have a microwave and I rinse and clean the kettle directly after pouring the coffee out.
    The kettle is for water only. You are violating an immutable law of nature. And the warranty, I hope.

Any kettle or travel cup that has a drop of coffee touch it is from then on a coffee vessel & dead to me.
    Sincerely, a tea drinker

Over the years I have had to throw out at least one or two frozen bananas every time I clean out the freezer.

She has made banana bread exactly one time during those years.

Quote Originally Posted by eleeskiing View Post
    Over the years I have had to throw out at least one or two frozen bananas every time I clean out the freezer.

She has made banana bread exactly one time during those years.
    That's because you keep throwing away all the fucking bananas she's saving up to make it with!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Oh, we have shelves full of crap. I just don't understand why we have a dish of it over the sink. Or why she saves used incense. Or broken off pieces of plastic. Or the thing that holds a bag of bread closed. Or why the rusty razor blades aren't in the tool box with the other rusty razor blades.
    Attachment 400154
    Woah. This is the first time I can relate to this thread 🤣 the assorted squirrel bowl!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Ya, well, in my house I am the keeper of a figurative squirrel bowl. It's more of a box at times. So there. However, I don't put it next to the sink. Or the toilet. Or anywhere else that knocking it over will cause problems that I have to deal with. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    That's because you keep throwing away all the fucking bananas she's saving up to make it with!!!!
    Haha. Yeah.

How do you keep the glass (clear plastic?) kettle from looking like shit with hard water marks inside?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    How do you keep the glass (clear plastic?) kettle from looking like shit with hard water marks inside?

Stop using water to make tea. Switch to pure vinegar.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Stop using water to make tea. Switch to pure vinegar.
    Wait ...... WUT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Shirly you can't be serious.

Stop calling me Shirley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    All you people with sink garbage disposals in your sinks are why the US sewage infrastructure is doomed.
    Really? Why is that?

I’m on an old septic so we have a garbage disposal but rarely use it. If you’re on septic, especially an old one not using one will significantly extend the life but I’d of thought a municipal waste treatment plant would go through that no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I live in VT, I can't wait a week for my dishes to dry.
    The dry wood stove heat does the trick this time of year.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The dry wood stove heat does the trick this time of year.
    City dweller and no woodstove. And yes, that works if you got one.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    i went down to visit my buddy in Florida a few days after Thanksgiving a few years back. He is busy doing something and says i can heat up some leftovers for lunch. I'm looking in all the cabinets for the microwave to no avail. Last thing I would've thunk was that he didn't have a microwave. Who TF doesn't have a microwave? So you're the other guy?

When is a used nuclear oven is 10$ on FB you would think everyone would have a microwave

but obviously you didnt know about the radiation poisoning that happens to your food ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    When is a used nuclear oven is 10$ on FB you would think everyone would have a microwave

but obviously you didnt know about the radiation poisoning that happens to your food ?
    Most of my food is already dead, so radiation poisoning isn't a concern. And if it's not dead it will be shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Most of my food is already dead, so radiation poisoning isn't a concern. And if it's not dead it will be shortly.
    https://youtu.be/bu6NGUDoi30

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    i went down to visit my buddy in Florida a few days after Thanksgiving a few years back. He is busy doing something and says i can heat up some leftovers for lunch. I'm looking in all the cabinets for the microwave to no avail. Last thing I would've thunk was that he didn't have a microwave. Who TF doesn't have a microwave? So you're the other guy?
    Haven't owned a microwave in years. Toaster oven + stovetop + electric kettle do everything we need in our home. Toaster oven is about 1/3 the size.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I live in VT, I can't wait a week for my dishes to dry.
    I remember a friend that was from Colorado coming to visit in VT in the summer when I still lived there
    and she was so confused at one point because her hair would never dry even with the blow dryer.
    skid luxury