Page 189 of 261 FirstFirst ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 6516
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    These are a locally made matching set that were wedding gifts. I guess I should be thankful I wasn't the one to knock the handles off of 2 of them.
    It's nice you have wedding gifts you actually use. We just had a yard sale and most of the stuff was never touched wedding gifts, the ones we didn't already re-gift. Guess we should have registered, but we got married so long ago the only place to register was the Sears catalog. (Seriously, personal computers didn't exist and you could only do a gift registry at a local department store but since most of the guests were from out of town that wouldn't have helped much.)

Went to take the minivan for a trip to the store sunday morning and it barely crawled out of the driveway in reverse, had to let it idle for a minute to pull out of our street and back into the driveway.
    “ whats wrong ?”
    “ van doesnt move”
    “ its been shifting weird all week”

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    Went to take the minivan for a trip to the store sunday morning and it barely crawled out of the driveway in reverse, had to let it idle for a minute to pull out of our street and back into the driveway.
    “ whats wrong ?”
    “ van doesnt move”
    “ its been shifting weird all week”
    Went on a date night with wifey this weekend- movie then dinner. I prefunk the movie so she drives us in her car. She gets drunk at dinner so i drive us home. As im pulling out of the parking lot of the restaurant im easing the brake pedal in to stop before entering the street and absolutely nothing is happening. I accidentally just roll out into the street. I ask WTF is wrong with your brakes. "Oh yeah, they recently haven't been working real well and sometimes you have to hit them a few times to get them warmed up. Its kind of like my mountain bike brakes before you did that oil thing to them".

Basically, shes been driving around with enough air in her brakelines to keep a family of 4 alive for 24 hours and she has to pump the brake pedal to get them to work. She just got mad at me for asking if she has scheduled a brake inspection yet.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Went on a date night with wifey this weekend- movie then dinner. I prefunk the movie so she drives us in her car. She gets drunk at dinner so i drive us home. As im pulling out of the parking lot of the restaurant im easing the brake pedal in to stop before entering the street and absolutely nothing is happening. I accidentally just roll out into the street. I ask WTF is wrong with your brakes. "Oh yeah, they recently haven't been working real well and sometimes you have to hit them a few times to get them warmed up. Its kind of like my mountain bike brakes before you did that oil thing to them".

Basically, shes been driving around with enough air in her brakelines to keep a family of 4 alive for 24 hours and she has to pump the brake pedal to get them to work. She just got mad at me for asking if she has scheduled a brake inspection yet.

Can relate to the car stuff. Hers I call the garbage skow.

I got on a couple days ago, tire warning and low oil lights on. She had no idea for how long.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

My wife used to take care of her own car and did a good job of it. Changed her own oil, filters, etc. Now, forget about it. She gets in and drives it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post

Holy shit. You win the thread.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Wife spends $350 a week at the grocery store, and yet.... there's like nothing good to eat in this house. How is this possible.

We use an app called Flipp to make the grocery list. List is shared between us, so if one person adds something it'll show up on the list on both phones. Wonderful! I'm told if I need/want something then to put it on the list. Well, the Paulster wants some jamaican patties because for some reason in the summertime those are the shit. I cut 'em open and put some jerk bbq sauce and slaw inside and it's amazing. Add some leftover pulled pork for a special treat. Anyway, dem patties have been on the list for 2 weeks! "Did you get the patties!!" "no."

But now I'm gonna get off my ass and go out and get some patties I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Wife spends $350 a week at the grocery store, and yet.... there's like nothing good to eat in this house. How is this possible.

We use an app called Flipp to make the grocery list. List is shared between us, so if one person adds something it'll show up on the list on both phones. Wonderful! I'm told if I need/want something then to put it on the list. Well, the Paulster wants some jamaican patties because for some reason in the summertime those are the shit. I cut 'em open and put some jerk bbq sauce and slaw inside and it's amazing. Add some leftover pulled pork for a special treat. Anyway, dem patties have been on the list for 2 weeks! "Did you get the patties!!" "no."

But now I'm gonna get off my ass and go out and get some patties I guess.
    They are obviously not on the approved foods list.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    They are obviously not on the approved foods list.
    If Miss Vickies and ice cream can be on that list, then I can have my patties, mon!

If Miss Vickies and ice cream can be on that list, then I can have my patties, mon!
    Right? Time to go on strike. Or to the grocery store.

Right? Time to go on strike. Or to the grocery store.
    Also notably not on the approved food list: sweet potatoes and broccoli. I love these things, she apparently doesn't.

TIme to have a real talk before this marriage spirals out of control.

+1 to stuffed patties - salsa and cheese are my go to.

Also notably not on the approved food list: sweet potatoes and broccoli. I love these things, she apparently doesn't.

TIme to have a real talk before this marriage spirals out of control.
    Just make some of the trips yourself. That’s the beauty of it. Nobody can stop you from buying whatever you want

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Just make some of the trips yourself. That’s the beauty of it. Nobody can stop you from buying whatever you want
    Are you and the paulster married to each other?

Are you and the paulster married to each other?
    Yeah. My whole persona is just a front and I’ve been biding my time until I could start nagging him about doing more of the shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah. My whole persona is just a front and I’ve been biding my time until I could start nagging him about doing more of the shopping
    Checks out.

So these patties.. they're like empanadas? Or pasties?

In February 1985, after discovering the presence of patty vendors in Toronto, especially from Kensington Patty Palace owned by the Davidson family, the Canadian government attempted to ban the name "beef patty" as it did not comply with the Meat Inspection Act's definition of the word "patty."[7] According to the federal government, the patties the Davidsons sold do not qualify with the Meat Inspection Act's technical definition of a patty

"We should xxx" means "I'd like you to xxx". But if I suggest that saying "I'd like you to xxx" would reduce misunderstandings, I'm the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    "We should xxx" means "I'd like you to xxx". But if I suggest that saying "I'd like you to xxx" would reduce misunderstandings, I'm the bad guy.
    Heh.

Yep, and raises hand. The good ol’ royal ‘We’.

And there is the ‘I’ve been thinking ….” that always seems to follow a beautifully serene moment, involving some plan that requires 70%+ investment by me and 30%- by her. Way to crash the moment, dear.

"I guess I'll have to stop what I am doing and xxx."

As my birthday gift, my wife finally picked out the type of shiplap board she wanted for the ceiling of our porch (after 6months of gentle prodding and reminding). She even had her father over to help install while i was on a fishing trip as a surprise. install about 1/4 of it that is. Now my porch is covered in sawdust, and tools and scraps and the expectation is that i will finish it all up. Mind you she has yet to pick out the lighting or heating which is what the electrician will need to know (im responsible for that hire and coordination) to install wiring so that i can finish things up.

So basically, my "gift" was her turning our really nice backyard porch and patio into a construction zone for who knows how long- till she gets around to picking more things out. I am a project manager in the construction industry by trade and it is extremely annoying to have that expertise consistently ignored, and all advice found offensive when it is offered at home.