Page 63 of 265 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 6620
    Another apparently universal thang. I used to gently ask if she minded if I turned it on and would get an eye roll and cold shouldered for 3 days. God forbid I'd just turned it on. My request was perceived as being controlling.

And I cooked a lot too. With the fan on when warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    My wife NEVER turns the exhaust fan on when cooking. Never.

I have to go turn it on while she’s cooking.

do they realize the vent is to remove cooking fumes, stink, steam, heat, smoke? They come with most kitchens and stoves for a reason.

She will only turn it on when something is burning.

She’ll have the oven on and 3 burners on high in mid summer, the poor AC is trying to hold her head above water.

I gave up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

These things are not even remotely universal, IMO. My marriage is not an easy ride, but I read so many things in this thread that are completely confusing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    These things are not even remotely universal, IMO. My marriage is not an easy ride, but I read so many things in this thread that are completely confusing to me.
    You must of married a dude

POTD

Women can't figure out fans, huh? You guys (not all in here) come across as sexist dumbasses. Sorry you chose the one ya did, there's plenty of them out there smarter than that.

Eh, lighten up Francis. It was a joke.

It’s not that they can’t figure this stuff out, it’s that that don’t do it. If they didn’t understand it then it would be almost acceptable.

Eh, fair enough, but that sexist comment is still spot on for some comments in here. Maybe I'm clueless though, as I said before some of these complaints are confusing, as are women in general to me. And most men. Cats, too.

Dogs seem chill though.

this is a thread dedicated to bitching about wives, it’s a safe place, and a bit sexist.

Exactamundo.

But if you EVER besmirch the wonderfulness that is my soulmate I will cut you with a rusty dog food can lid and then throw you in the compost heap in high summer.

I would never besmirch soulmates

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1146.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	330127

this is a thread dedicated to bitching about wives, it’s a safe place, and a bit sexist.

Very fair point, carry on, I won’t derail this then. And just for the record if you EVER said to my face I must have married a dude....I woulda laughed.

What is really funny though was after my last post I went out to the kitchen and my wife was cooking without the vent on.

Very fair point, carry on, I won’t derail this then. And just for the record if you EVER said to my face I must have married a dude....I woulda laughed.

What is really funny though was after my last post I went out to the kitchen and my wife was cooking without the vent on.
    Ha. See, you belong in here. You’ll start to notice other shit too i bet.

Whoa whoa whoa, am I coming across like I don’t belong here?? Believe me there is some eye-bugging shit my wife does, but it’s not any of things listed here. Which is why I’m confused, greatly.

Whoa whoa whoa, am I coming across like I don’t belong here?? Believe me there is some eye-bugging shit my wife does, but it’s not any of things listed here. Which is why I’m confused, greatly.
    What color did she paint your penis?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    What color did she paint your penis?
    Black, for obvious reasons. Why?

You're right. My comment (which I've also made before) that these things are universal is sexist. Please consider it noted and spiritually redacted, and thanks for pointing it out. It was meant in humor, but so are a lot of things we shouldn't say about all kinds of people.

My intention, poorly executed, was to express my marvel at the fact that some of these admittedly inconsequential behaviors run through so many of our relationships. I suspect many of us thought we were the only ones experiencing these things.

I will try to be more careful with my language in the future.

Last edited by oftpiste; 05-30-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Sorry you chose the one ya did, there's plenty of them out there smarter than that.
    Pretty much what I am thinking most of the time when I read through here and the divorce thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    You're right. My comment (which I've also made before) that these things are universal is sexist. Please consider it noted and spiritually redacted, and thanks for pointing it out. It was meant in humor, but so are a lot of things we shouldn't say about all kinds of people.

My intention, poorly executed, was to express my marvel at the fact that some of these admittedly inconsequential behaviors run through so many of our relationships. I suspect many of us thought we were the only ones experiencing these things.

I will try to be more careful with my language in the future.
    Fuck you. You whiny cunt. Fuck you and your feelings. Fuck fuck fuck
    . . .

Do all you guys bitching about the vent fan actually have a duct that goes outside? Of all but one of the dozen or so places I've lived in my life, that shit just got sucked up and blown back into the kitchen out the top of the microwave. That's why I never use the vent, because it's fucking pointless.

Yea. Mine vents outside.

I would never besmirch soulmates

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1146.JPG 
Views:	162 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	330127
    Nice job, Poindexter. You just doxxed Adironrider...

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Do all you guys bitching about the vent fan actually have a duct that goes outside? Of all but one of the dozen or so places I've lived in my life, that shit just got sucked up and blown back into the kitchen out the top of the microwave. That's why I never use the vent, because it's fucking pointless.
    Is there a thread on here for "fucked up things in my house that shouldn't be" ?
    We had a clothes dryer vent that went into the wall and the bright spark installer corner cutter ran it into the furnace ducting...
    why is the house always so dusty?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Yes, time to transmografy this tired thread:
    Roof contractor slathered tar all over the perforations in my crest roof vent - why is my ceiling turning black with mildew?
    Bathroom tile contractor slathered sealant all over the shower drain stack perforations - why is my engineered bamboo hall way floor outside the bathroom turning green and black with mold?

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    cheap instal ^^ mine are both vented to the outside
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Unless you have a commercial hood (in which case you'll also need a source of make-up air with a barometric damper), most hoods that vent to the outside don't move a large enough volume of air to meaningfully reduce the amount of odor, smoke or heat in the house from cooking.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but your wives are right: even the ones that vent outside are minimally effective, while also being maddening to work in close proximity to because they're so fucking loud.