Page 57 of 261 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 6510
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    At various points in my "career", I ground my teeth so much my jaw ached all day, couldn't chew. So I quit.
    I was getting pain in a couple of teeth, enough that I thought I had cracked one or more teeth somehow. So off to the dentist, and he is trying to replicate the hurt with one of his tools, getting me to bite down on various spots. Nothing. Xrays, nothing there either. Asks me what is going on in my life at the moment, told him work was a bit hurried and my pregnant wife was due with our daughter within the week. He laughs and said that if I continue to clench my jaw, a mouthguard would be needed, if one could be found to fit around the tori on my lower jaw.
    Every once in awhile, life is such that I get that tooth pain again, just to remind me to relax and look after my stressors better.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Circling back to the dog topic...wife brought it up a couple days ago. And started crying when I kept saying no. This woman doesn't cry. It was kind of stunning. I tried to make a joke about her bringing the big guns out but that didn't work at all. I didn't say yes but i'm toast boys. Now the challenge is to manage this somehow. And love the new dog when we get it. Fuck.
    Stay your ground, no means no. In the long run you'll be better off and silently (e.g., whether she admits it or not) she'll respect you for it. Conversely if you give in she'll think lesser of you for it and will always remember how to manipulate the situation.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Bro......what happened to standing your ground? Some tears? Now she knows that shit works. You're mega fucked if you fold now.

Stay strong we are all behind you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    not me im on the better 1/2 ice side
    hes gittin another dog
    and the love will flow
    I vote Lowell
    good talkin 2 ya bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    At various points in my "career", I ground my teeth so much my jaw ached all day, couldn't chew. So I quit.
    Job change sure made the grinding go down a bit, but still have some stressors. That seems to be the trigger for me.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    hes gittin another dog
    and the love will flow
    I vote Lowell
    good talkin 2 ya bro
    Oh hey I can't imagine life without dogs. I was busting his balls for his earlier, harsh foot down response. I always knew he would cave, and ill bet the dog and him become besties.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    knowing both the mans and womens of ice
    the ambulance blues rules in effect
    yo ice youre just pissin in the wind
    enjoy your new snuggle pups
    will watch/kennel
    free
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

hes gittin another dog
    and the love will flow
    I vote Lowell
    good talkin 2 ya bro
    You too mang. Lowell is a good idea.

When's the thread starting?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

knowing both the mans and womens of ice
    the ambulance blues rules in effect
    yo ice youre just pissin in the wind
    enjoy your new snuggle pups
    will watch/kennel
    free
    It's not a fair fight.

It's kind of funny. In a way. I guess. But I clearly remember the drive we took to "look" at a puppy 32 years ago. I was steaming. Nobody goes to "look" at a puppy I said. If we go "look" at a puppy we're gonna end up with a puppy. I grew up with dogs my whole life, I didn't want a dog. And the situation was bad. Buncha young hillbillies from West-by-god. Somebody had picked up one of the puppies while it was nursing and mama dog bit them. She got quarantined for rabies, but they didn't take the puppies. So, motherless puppies in a hillbilly basement. Of course we ended up with one. A week later we took his brother too. That was 11 dogs ago. At least she let me name the first one, he was Yaz.

edit: A little Yaz story. He was a good boy. Tough dog. When he was 12 he got really sick. Took him to the vet, it was a huge mass of cancer, he was toast pretty much. Vet was showing me the x-rays, and he asks, "Who shot your dog?" I'm like, "Nobody". He goes, well he sure got shot, look, you can see the bullet on the x-ray. And there it was, clear as day. We never even knew. Dog got shot and just carried on.

A bullet? Or a BB? A bullet usually messes up a dog pretty bad. BB's from a shotgun. Not nearly as much. Speaking from my neighbor's experience when some asshole gutshot his german shepard with a .22 a few years back. It was awful.

.22 bullet. You could clearly see it on the x-ray. No doubt whatsoever. We got him cremated when he died, and buried the ashes in the yard in the box they came in. I bet the bullet's still in there.I'm kinda curious now, actually. Fortunately I'm not there for the next few months so I'll probably forget about it again.

Damn. Thats impressive. They don't normally walk those off. They tend to bounce around inside them because of how little energy they carry.

What kind of dog was Yaz?

His mom was an Aussie shepherd and his dad was pure mutt, He looked exactly like an Aussie shepherd but he was bigger than they are, he went about 75 almost 80 pounds. Furry as shit. I guess the entry wound just closed up and didn't bleed much. Certainly we had no idea.

That neighborhood was very rural when we moved there, it's a lot more suburban now. Somebody shot at me once shortly after we moved in, they were hunting on my (posted) land, I had posted it because we let the dogs run loose and I didn't want them to get shot, somewhat ironically. I yelled at them to get lost and they put a bullet right over my head. I have a good idea who it was but i didn't see them so we let it drop.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    .22 bullet. You could clearly see it on the x-ray. No doubt whatsoever. We got him cremated when he died, and buried the ashes in the yard in the box they came in. I bet the bullet's still in there.I'm kinda curious now, actually. Fortunately I'm not there for the next few months so I'll probably forget about it again.
    They always sift the ashes. You never get the titanium screws and implants.
    Plus the chunks that don’t quite burn up.

Folks don’t want to scatter ashes and have chunks and screws and plates on the ground.
    . . .

Our fridge is on the fritz.

The house is a disaster because 5 people are living here all the time and fuck trying to keep a tidy house.

Fridge tech is coming over this afternoon.

Wife says, "Shouldn't we tidy up the house before the tech gets here so he doesn't think we're slobs?"

Me: "Uhhh... no. And honey, we *are* slobs."

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    They always sift the ashes. You never get the titanium screws and implants.
    Plus the chunks that don’t quite burn up.

Folks don’t want to scatter ashes and have chunks and screws and plates on the ground.
    IME scattering 2 parents stay away from windy places even if they seem like a cool spot

dad was a sailor so he wanted the ashes thrown at sea, we rent a boat chug out off west vancover the water was rough as hell, a bit of wind but i don't end up with too much dad on me and my mom almost got seasick

scattering ` my mom 6 yars later in the same spot, again its fucking rough, the wind is swirling this time, I'm covered in mom but the dude abides, so I finish the pore & chug a beer

on the way back to dock I realize off kits beach is calm as a bathtub and would have been the place to pitch ashes but ... we have run out of parents
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-20-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    IME scattering 2 parents stay away from windy places even if they seem like a cool spot

dad was a sailor so he wanted the ashes thrown at sea, we rent a boat chug out off west vancover the water was rough as hell and my mom almost got seasick

scattering ` my mom 6 yars later in the same spot, again its fucking rough, the wind is swirling this time, I'm covered in mom but the dude abides, I finish the pore & chug a beer

on the way back to dock I realize off kits beach is calm as a bathtub and would have been the place to pitch ashes but ... we have run out of parents
    Heartwarming

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Stay your ground, no means no. In the long run you'll be better off and silently (e.g., whether she admits it or not) she'll respect you for it. Conversely if you give in she'll think lesser of you for it and will always remember how to manipulate the situation.
    This is absolutely horrible advice, for the record. Sorry man.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Heartwarming

and XXX you are easily one of the best posters here, ha.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200430_093949_resized.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	329136Name:  IMG_20200505_124224_704_resized.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  195.6 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200519_210501_resized.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	378.6 KB 
ID:	329138
    So just because you may be interested here is the new dog, with the old dog and one of my staff's kids.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

So .... you made the new little guy load he dishwasher, ammarite?
    Couldn't reach the upper rack? JHC, does your wife handle the dog training??

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    This is absolutely horrible advice, for the record. Sorry man.
    Agree.
    We all know what kind of living hell they can make it for you if they don’t get their way.
    It’s this: I got a new dog I don’t want, but wife is happy.
    Or this: My wife is making my life a living hell.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Heartwarming

Yeah well picture me pouring ashes from a plastic bag into the pacific ocean

I have seen the Big Lebowski at least 6 times and know most of the classic lines

so when i notice mom is getting blown all over me the way Donny ended up all over the Dude

Its all i can do to keep from laughing too much so ... I went for the polite smile

BTW the Big Lebowski is now on netflix!

edit: realizing what the title of the is thread and that its not all about ME

my mom was a nasty little AZN woman and she made life hell for me dad, he could have lasted longer than 84 BUT he didnt want to so when he got sick they went with the DNR on his chart
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    So .... you made the new little guy load he dishwasher, ammarite?
    Couldn't reach the upper rack? JHC, does your wife handle the dog training??
    I campaigned heavily for 2 dishwashers when we built the house based on the old thread here, like the dog battle I lost that one too. I think we were emptying it so the top rack was done but kudos to you for noticing.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

one of the Airbnb places I stayed at in Cape Town had the dishwasher and a big industrial sink in the pantry which was a separate room off the kitchen (also had the laundry machines in there) - this way your dirty dishes get their own counter space and sink and your main kitchen sink remains clean and useable (which is an issue in my household). I’m pushing for a similar setup in our next house. Along with a dog or two.