Page 223 of 265 FirstFirst ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 6622
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Last few comments beg the question, when is it okay to just sleep separately?

My dad and stepmom have separate bedrooms due to crazy different sleeping habits, they’re happily married 30yrs.

My wife and I sleep better when we sleep in our own separate beds on occasion (travel etc.) She got Covid and I slept in a different room for a week. It was glorious.

She goes to bed at 10:00, I go to bed at 12:30am.

I don’t know. Seems like some weird “marriage is failing” kind if vibe society puts on it but in all reality it’s just biological.
    it is glorious and logical but it's not about you though. Only way to make the idea mutual is if you drink a 6 pack of PBR every night and fart endlessly in your sleep. Or snore loudly. Women don't like to sleep alone in general, unless you really fuck up their sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    Bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well we may differ in loading strategies, but we can both follow instructions

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    it is glorious and logical but it's not about you though. Only way to make the idea mutual is if you drink a 6 pack of PBR every night and fart endlessly in your sleep. Or snore loudly. Women don't like to sleep alone in general, unless you really fuck up their sleep.
    My 11pm bowl of Colon Blow may be working then.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    we can both follow instructions
    Most humans I know can do this so I have no idea who the fuck you guys married.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I showed this to my wife and she laughed. And I’m the “architect” in the relationship.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You should get checked for Parkinson's. Seriously.
    Rock the boat/disturb the equilibrium?!??!? Besides, there comes a time when sleeping too soundly results in agony the next morning; best to be restless/kicking the monsters to wake up loose and ready.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    No way would I win that battle. I know that for a fact, since I've been fighting it for 30 years.
    He didn't win it, either, he just negotiated it ahead of time. If she lets him think this was a win there's a good chance he doesn't even know what he gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Most humans I know can do this so I have no idea who the fuck you guys married.
    its not about following instructions,

its about one-up man ship, its about fucking with each other, its about pasta agressive ... it about every thing but doing the right thing
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    He didn't win it, either, he just negotiated it ahead of time. If she lets him think this was a win there's a good chance he doesn't even know what he gave up.
    Ahhh shit. And this whole time I thought we were playing checkers!

We all think so, man.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Rock the boat/disturb the equilibrium?!??!? Besides, there comes a time when sleeping too soundly results in agony the next morning; best to be restless/kicking the monsters to wake up loose and ready.
    I'm actually dead serious. Apparently there's a link. My wife saw an article that she couldn't find again so I didn't read it. And I do know that my dad exhibited that behavior. We were sharing a room visiting my sister in Germany and he woke me up from the other side of the room grappling with the air and shouting. He was asleep. He wasn't diagnosed at that point. A few years later and post diagnosis his girlfriend related that he was a "combative sleeper". He reported vivid life and death struggle dreams. So it might be nothing. Lots of people do stuff in their sleep. I come from a line of sleepwalkers and sleeptalkers on my mom's side. I exhibited sleepwalking and talking behavior, but mostly when I was a kid and early adult. Parkinson's is definitely something I'm concerned about for me. My wife hasn't said I fight demons and monsters. So far.

For the dishwasher heated water discussion:

My dishwasher is hooked up to the cold water and uses an element inside the dishwasher to get heat.

Running the hot water would have zero effect on my dishwasher.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhippy View Post
    For the dishwasher heated water discussion:

My dishwasher is hooked up to the cold water and uses an element inside the dishwasher to get heat.

Running the hot water would have zero effect on my dishwasher.
    i always wondered how that ^^ worked, I wonder if all DW's are like that cuz my budddy the repair man said he would check the temp with a thermometer in a glass of tap water but that was a long time ago. I can't see the supply for my unit cuz its buried inside the cabinets

edit: actualy I could just turn off the hot water at the tank and see if my DW fills
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My wife hasn't said I fight demons and monsters. So far.

What about dishwasher racoons on meth?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i always wondered how that ^^ worked, I wonder if all DW's are like that cuz my budddy the repair man said he would check the temp with a thermometer in a glass of tap water but that was a long time ago. I can't see the supply for my unit cuz its buried inside the cabinets

edit: actualy I could just turn off the hot water at the tank and see if my DW fills
    It's all in the DW specs. Example below.

It's also a country-regional thing. In Europe cold water connections to DWs are the norm and DWs have onboard heating elements.

In US and Canada it's mostly hot connections, however if your DW can do cold water then you've already paid for the heating mechanics so probably good idea to use it.

Name:  2023-03-02_14-48-24 DW Specs - Copy.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  62.6 KB
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    you need to stick something in her mouth when she starts
    Cleaning my screen of spewed Diet Coke

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    What about dishwasher racoons on meth?
    Heh. But IRL, not in my sleep.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    It's all in the DW specs. Example below.

It's also a country-regional thing. In Europe cold water connections to DWs are the norm and DWs have onboard heating elements.

In US and Canada it's mostly hot connections, however if your DW can do cold water then you've already paid for the heating mechanics so probably good idea to use it.

Name:  2023-03-02_14-48-24 DW Specs - Copy.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  62.6 KB
    Some euro models have heat pumps.

https://www.bosch-home.co.uk/custome...hers/hot-water

Our dishwashers have a heat pump, which regulates the temperature of the water according to the selected programme.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I'm actually dead serious. Apparently there's a link. My wife saw an article that she couldn't find again so I didn't read it. And I do know that my dad exhibited that behavior. We were sharing a room visiting my sister in Germany and he woke me up from the other side of the room grappling with the air and shouting. He was asleep. He wasn't diagnosed at that point. A few years later and post diagnosis his girlfriend related that he was a "combative sleeper". He reported vivid life and death struggle dreams. So it might be nothing. Lots of people do stuff in their sleep. I come from a line of sleepwalkers and sleeptalkers on my mom's side. I exhibited sleepwalking and talking behavior, but mostly when I was a kid and early adult. Parkinson's is definitely something I'm concerned about for me. My wife hasn't said I fight demons and monsters. So far.
    Thought you might be, but old age is scary enough with out Parkinson's, so I'm just tap dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Thought you might be, but old age is scary enough with out Parkinson's, so I'm just tap dancing.
    The funny part about sharing a room with my dad on that trip is he said I woke him up one time with a fart that sounded like a very long burst from a machine gun. We were in Swabia and they have a regional lentil dish that would tear me up inside. Plus I drank a lot of beer, being at The Source and all. I miss my dad, being 25, and the 90s. Those were the days.

I luv me sum dish washer thread.
    watch out for snakes

Two things my wife can't figure out:

1. How to stir the peanut butter in an Adam's PB jar. Her approach is to just not stir it, use a little for her toast, then stick it in the fridge where the oil then becomes like somewhat solidified but not so much.

2. Putting a comforter cover on correctly. Somehow it's always off with the long side of the comforter on the short side of the cover.

Then there's the standard dishwasher issues of course...sink is the garbage can...etc
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

My wife likes to dump out the oil at the top of the PB. Because calories.

I'm one bored Sunday afternoon away from going down to our local Ace to see if they'll let me put an unopened jar of PB in the paint can shaker.

My Jiffy doesn’t have these issues.

Problem solved.

Wife has a habit of eating 99% of the food in a container and then putting the container back in the cupboard E.g. leaving a single oreo in the tray, leaving the crumbs at the bottom of the chip bag, etc. Its frustrating because you never know if you need to buy more or not without opening the container and i have been caught out unexpectedly empty handed numerous times.

This morning she went to far. She left TWO FUCKING BEANS OF COFFEE in the coffee bag and put it back in the cupboard. JFC.