Page 99 of 267 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 6655
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Cairns serve a huge purpose especially above treeline.
    a godsend across a 100+ yard scree traverse, especially when you've already hiked six miles with as many to summit

my buddy's ex would have him carry rocks she found, some bigger than softballs, often to summit and back down because she "felt the power" in them

Don't get my daughter the [privileged white] sjw archaeologist started on non-indigenous, aka white, people making rock piles in areas where indigenous people historically used them. She begrudgingly acknowledges their appropriate use for navigation such as above treeline. The cairns on Mount Washington have saved my bacon before.

Yeah, I know the difference between a cairn put there by a trail crew, a cairn put there by a citizen who thinks they know a better way (I kick those over), and a pile of rocks someone built for fun--too much work to kick over. Most of the ones I see appear along Donner Lake when the water goes down in the winter. or up by the China Wall near Donner Pass. They don't particularly bother me, I just find it amusing, since it seems to be a fairly recent pastime to pile rocks for amusement. Just shows how out of touch I am with popular culture. I'm sure many of those rock piles find their way onto Instagram.

The cairns above treeline on the Tour du Mont Blanc are massive, for obvious reasons. They must have thousands of rocks in them.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    <snip>
    The cairns above treeline on the Tour du Mont Blanc are massive, for obvious reasons. They must have thousands of rocks in them.
    We have some of those "proper" cairns locally 'round our mountians:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cairn1.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	154.3 KB 
ID:	364485  

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0154.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	253.1 KB 
ID:	364488
    Otherwise, I knock over rock stacks.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I swear my wife is hard of hearing. She wears her ear buds pacing around the house shouting into the phone day after day while on meetings. I have no idea what the other end of the line must sound like. Some days its so loud I can still hear her while standing in the driveway outside or over my noise canceling ear cans.

Today my headphones died so had one call just playing on speakers...she walks in and says isn't that kinda loud??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2008 WC is over, at the inookshooks with the out stretched stone arms on top Whistler a tourist from new yawk asked aloud " i wonder what they are saying ? "

I the long haired hippy tell her "Simple, all this land belongs to us"

have I mentioned before, Whistler drives me cra cra
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Donate the hotel toiletries. Find a local abused women's shelter or similarly named. These places are under the radar and don't seek publicity. They really value hotel sized toiletries and will say if you come across more we'd love to have them...
    they even like old socks and underwear, to which i asked really ? and buddy said oh yeah these people have nothing

Mrs jm2e habitually says “What?” After I say or ask something. It took me years of fine tuning my radar to sense when she did hear me. Now I quietly wait.
    This improves nothing in our relationship. But now I’m mildly glib instead of mildly irritated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    My wife started decorating her rocks with twine embellishments. This box lives under our coffee table. Some come out quite nicely!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2975F027-9C7C-41B3-89DA-CD759CB4487F.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	430.6 KB 
ID:	364557
    ^ That’s really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    they even like old socks and underwear, to which i asked really ? and buddy said oh yeah these people have nothing
    Partner of mine cut off both this guy's legs. On one of his post op visits the guy brought in all his socks and long pj bottoms and left them.

So she just finished a sandwich and brought the totally clean plate to the kitchen, sets it on the counter. Then she grabs an apple and pulls another plate out of the cabinet to set it on and walks away back to her office.

Can’t make this shit up. Do they have no reasoning ability?

To have a clean plate in your hands only to set it down and grab another clean plate because what your eating changed.

I can see why divorce rates are spiking with both people working from home together

https://youtu.be/pBz0BTb83H8

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My gf will use separate cups all day for ei oj, water, sparkling fruity stuff etc. Meanwhile I'm here chugging water all day out of a bike water bottle that hasn't been cleaned since ~2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    My gf will use separate cups all day for ei oj, water, sparkling fruity stuff etc. Meanwhile I'm here chugging water all day out of a bike water bottle that hasn't been cleaned since ~2009.
    Dang dude, if your water bottles are like mine, you should replace that shit.

I have a pint glass for water that I leave by the kitchen sink that constantly gets put in the dishwasher, forcing me to get a new glass. I've found it's safe if I leave it on the drainboard, but I tend to forget.

One word and a letter: Bisphenol A

doesnt this mean he will tits ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    One word and a letter: Bisphenol A
    hate to break it to you but just because there's no BPA doesn't mean the problem is gone. plastic companies just play alphabet soup with different bisphenol compounds now.

https://www.chemtrust.org/wp-content...oup-mar-18.pdf

Oh I know. I was just ribbing him on the twelve year old water bottle. Although at this point maybe it's all leached out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Although at this point maybe it's all leached out.
    Phew!

I bought an insulated stainless steel pint glass for drinking water. It lives on the shelf above the sink along with my coffee mug. I wash them periodically (coffee mug rinsed with hot water before each use)

My wife (who isn’t the primary dishwasher) uses a fresh knife, cutting board, plate, cup etc everytime.

It's a real pain in the ass when the wife is laid up for weeks. She's two weeks in now since she broke her ankle, had surgery to put in some screws and plates on Friday so she's slowly starting to feel a little bit better. Unfortunately she needs to keep it elevated for two more weeks and no weight bearing for at least 8 weeks. This pretty much means she's just laying in bed asking me to get this and get that and... I've been taking care of her and dealing with her dad with dementia and now I have a tooth that decided to go bad. I gotta deal with me first but also must get her dad to a lab for blood work tomorrow or Tuesday then have to move him from the assisted living facility he's in to a memory care facility on Friday all while keeping her satisfied (which is a chore in the best of times ). The old guys test has to happen because we have a deadline to move him due to state regs on time between tests and moving into these types of places. Then it's really gonna get fun because he has to do a 14 day quarantine when he moves in and we're (I'm) not allowed into the building to set up the new apartment or help him get used to the new place which means she's going to be on the phone with him half the day trying to get him to understand why the door is closed and he has no company. Stress...

Broken wife = chaotic life

Kinda thinking she's got it worse..

pro tip its really easy and actualy less painfull to remove your own surgical staples

They use a 3 prong plier but the staple ends still drag in the flesh and hurt,

insted I just cut them down the middle with small side cutters and removed the ends with a roach clip

did you clean the resin off first?