Page 79 of 267 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 6667
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Current GF does not which I find incredibly refreshing!
    Are you positive she was born a female?
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I dunno man, shivering in the house because the heat is set low until she gets me on the phone so I can tell her yet again how to change the temperature setting doesn't seem that smart to me but I guess if it's part of the master plan...
    She’s “encouraging you” to get a smart thermostat you can adjust remotely with your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

One of my favorites is her letting the dog out to my muddy swamped yard, then just letting him back in without cleaning his paws. Muddy wet footprints through the hardwoods then onto the carpet.

My wife “ugh, our house is such a mess”

Me “goddam woman!, use the dang towel I have right next to the dang door and clean his dang paws!, if your not going to wipe his paws don’t let him out, I will”

7 years and counting of this behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    One of my favorites is her letting the dog out to my muddy swamped yard, then just letting him back in without cleaning his paws. Muddy wet footprints through the hardwoods then onto the carpet.

My wife “ugh, our house is such a mess”

Me “goddam woman!, use the dang towel I have right next to the dang door and clean his dang paws!, if your not going to wipe his paws don’t let him out, I will”

7 years and counting of this behavior.

Oh man, my partner never did this but my mom would when she would visit. If you said something she acted as if her walking the dog was the biggest favor and that I didn't appreciate her at all. Yes, thank you for saving me the time of walking the dog (outside by myself for some peace and quiet) I can now use that to clean the floors.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    That is a good observation

“goddam woman!, use the dang towel I have right next to the dang door and clean his dang paws!, if your not going to wipe his paws don’t let him out, I will”
    Man I tell you what Hank bout there-that dang ol meaning o’life, man. It’s like this man. You’ like a butterfly flappin ‘is wings deep down in that forest man an’ it gonna cause a tree fall like five thousand miles away man. If-an ain’t no body see it nobody don-done-e’en know it happen you know ibda baby born into this world int’know neck god dang friends got no nothin but da go come into find out about em ol evil man. Man see like, you don even know man. When-dyagon it’d like you born into this world man and you got — it’s like this: dust in the wind man, or like a dang ol’ candle in the wind man. You gon — it don matter man it’s not the old oldies all th’ time man. You know what I think man? It’d like the the dang ol – I think therefore you are man.

Nature or nurture? I'm leaning more towards nurture, watching Bridgerton and all.

A young woman i know from ski/ paddle/ bike ing told me she built a tiny home so i asked where she got the skills for that ... watching youtube vids. They can do this shit and on the other side of the coin so can we

except maybe the talking about our feelings part

I think maybe we train them to be the way they are, i for instance endeavor to be of some use when I come over to see GF so when i come over i can count on the DW being so full of dirty dishes, the wood rack being empty from the last time I filled it and the garbage being so full it should have been emptied 2 days ago, i could wonder why or just be glad it all give me something to do and a reason for being here

I guess

She is away so I'm cat sitting, I texted her " hey I found the source of those fruit flies its that fucking compost bucket you are using again so i thru it out in the back yard " to which she replied it would be nice if you washed/emptied it to which I suggested it will just get ignored again and breed more flies
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Man I tell you what Hank bout there-that dang ol meaning o’life, man. It’s like this man. You’ like a butterfly flappin ‘is wings deep down in that forest man an’ it gonna cause a tree fall like five thousand miles away man. If-an ain’t no body see it nobody don-done-e’en know it happen you know ibda baby born into this world int’know neck god dang friends got no nothin but da go come into find out about em ol evil man. Man see like, you don even know man. When-dyagon it’d like you born into this world man and you got — it’s like this: dust in the wind man, or like a dang ol’ candle in the wind man. You gon — it don matter man it’s not the old oldies all th’ time man. You know what I think man? It’d like the the dang ol – I think therefore you are man.
    Thanks for the reminder.

Now I need to go hwack off in ma tool shed.....

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    Fair question, but all indications are that she was. Certainly does exhibit some other commonly accepted traits specific to feamaleness. But for chrissakes she loads the dishwasher efficiently (even at my place!), knows how to use a thermostat and what it actually does, understands car heat/engine temp relationship, and here's one: 99% ready on time for whatever is happening. Other good stuff too.

Definitely a keeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

How many of you guys do this: I was watching a 30 for 30 episode on ESPN about Alex Smith and they showed his wife, and of course, she’s got on 5 pounds of make up and the fake eyelashes, and the dyed hair and I was like: oh dude no
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Fair question, but all indications are that she was. Certainly does exhibit some other commonly accepted traits specific to feamaleness. But for chrissakes she loads the dishwasher efficiently (even at my place!), knows how to use a thermostat and what it actually does, understands car heat/engine temp relationship, and here's one: 99% ready on time for whatever is happening. Other good stuff too.

Definitely a keeper.
    It’s a trap!

Run.

I’d say she was maybe raised by her dad or has brothers?

Although, my wife was raised by a single dad and still has no spatial orientation.

We've been using the fireplace a lot over the past month and have needed to clean out the ashes at least every week to maintain airflow. I usually just scoop the cold ashes into a paper bag and throw it in the garbage without worrying about every last ash in the fire box.

I've never really paid attention when my wife cleaned it out until today. As I'm in the kitchen cooking I look up to see my wife using our small Ryobi cordless hand vac (good for small pickups on the workbenches or stairs) to suck ashes out of the far reaches of the fire box.

I told her the filter was not fine enough for any significant amount of ash and it would not work. She disagreed and continued to vaccuum up the ash. A few minutes later she told me the vaccuum was blowing air out instead of sucking up the ash.

I walk in to find her pants half covered in ash and the vaccuum disassembled into an unnecessary number of parts as she turned it on and blew ash in a 6 foot diameter area of the family room.

I took the vaccuum outside and discovered, as I feared, the vaccuum filter did not catch all the ash and insignificant amount was sucked into the inner workings of the vaccuum, thus the vac spewed a visible cloud of ash out of both exhausts upon starting. The expelled dust was what caused my wife to think the vaccuum was blowing outward.

I did my best to clean it out and told her, as I had previously stated, the $29 Ryobi hand vaccuum is not meant to pick up such fine material and if she continued the ash would be sucked up and spewed out the exhaust vents. She proceeded to say I was wrong, picked up the vacc turned it one and was met a large cloud of ash.

I turned on my heels and walked away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great visual....^^^

Believe it or not, nope, neither. After 30+ years with the last woman who didn't have those traits I think I'm gonna stick this one out for a minute. Might be worth it.

It’s a trap!

Run.

I’d say she was maybe raised by her dad or has brothers?

Although, my wife was raised by a single dad and still has no spatial orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    We've been using the fireplace a lot over the past month and have needed to clean out the ashes at least every week to maintain airflow. I usually just scoop the cold ashes into a paper bag and throw it in the garbage without worrying about every last ash in the fire box.

I've never really paid attention when my wife cleaned it out until today. As I'm in the kitchen cooking I look up to see my wife using our small Ryobi cordless hand vac (good for small pickups on the workbenches or stairs) to suck ashes out of the far reaches of the fire box.

I told her the filter was not fine enough for any significant amount of ash and it would not work. She disagreed and continued to vaccuum up the ash. A few minutes later she told me the vaccuum was blowing air out instead of sucking up the ash.

I walk in to find her pants half covered in ash and the vaccuum disassembled into an unnecessary number of parts as she turned it on and blew ash in a 6 foot diameter area of the family room.

I took the vaccuum outside and discovered, as I feared, the vaccuum filter did not catch all the ash and insignificant amount was sucked into the inner workings of the vaccuum, thus the vac spewed a visible cloud of ash out of both exhausts upon starting. The expelled dust was what caused my wife to think the vaccuum was blowing outward.

I did my best to clean it out and told her, as I had previously stated, the $29 Ryobi hand vaccuum is not meant to pick up such fine material and if she continued the ash would be sucked up and spewed out the exhaust vents. She proceeded to say I was wrong, picked up the vacc turned it one and was met a large cloud of ash.

That's dumb, but not nearly as dumb as putting ashes in a paper bag and then in your garbage.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I used to just scoop into metal bucket and set in snow out back for a couple days then dump but even then I came outside to a weird odor once and after that the bucket gets a nice watering as well.

My wife also does plenty of things that annoy me but the shit I do most likely outnumbers those twofold.

My wife used computers long before I did. She got a smart phone long before I did. She set up a computer lab at our kids' middle school, put together a lot of computers from donated parts. So why do I have to solve her computer problems now? I don't shit about computers but 95%f of the time I can google the problem and solve it. Why won't she? The one good thing is she has an iphone, I have an android, so I can get away with not dealing with her phone.

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post

Thanks for the laugh. I was dealing with a mean growler and the laughing helped me push it out, distracted me from the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post

My wife also does plenty of things that annoy me but the shit I do most likely outnumbers those twofold.
    Certainly the smartest thing I’ve read this year.

However many are in a shit ton.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    ...She's a smart, successful, talented woman who in one sphere of life has chosen to be completely helpless.
    If there was some way to understand the underlying pathology maybe we could make a little progress. But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go to the grave still wondering wtf.
    The commonality of experience in here is really jaw-dropping.
    These three thoughts nicely summarize the entire thread. However it is still highly entertaining to read about all the real-life details.
    Last edited by Nobody Famous; 01-02-2021 at 08:28 AM. Reason: grammar
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    That's dumb, but not nearly as dumb as putting ashes in a paper bag and then in your garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I used to just scoop into metal bucket and set in snow out back for a couple days then dump but even then I came outside to a weird odor once and after that the bucket gets a nice watering as well.

Agree, don't do that.

Ashes always go into a metal bucket with a sealed lid placed outside for 36-48 hours. Why metal? Smouldering coals burn through paper or plastic. Why outside? Carbon monoxide.

Good reference with short vid: https://www.csia.org/wood_ash.html
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

I've never understood the point of raking every last pine needle or cleaning out every last ash. Within 5 minutes there will be more pine needles and as soon as you clean out the ashes you're going to build another fire. 95% of the work is spent in getting the last 5% of whatever you're cleaning. My wife feels the wood stove needs to be cleaned every day and be left clean enough to eat off of, althoug we prefer to eat at the dining room table.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    My wife certainly knows better, but I was out for a walk in the neighborhood not too long ago, to encounter a trash bin near the curb with smoke coming out of it (ah yes, and this is California and it was still considered fire season). I was on the phone with the fire dept before the resident came out to wonder why there were people standing around outside her driveway. They sent a full-sized engine, quickly, and a cop. I walked away, but I guess she got a bit of a lecture.

The commonality of experience in here is really jaw-dropping. My ex did all the same shit. Current GF does not which I find incredibly refreshing!

What is it about those things that are so challenging? I wonder if women ever talk among themselves about dishwasher loading, car heaters and the like and how it's so weird their partners are always up in arms about how they operate these things?
    I have heard them talk about loading dishwashers and how men can't do it. To be fair I think that one is just alternate mutually exclusive strategies.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.