Page 101 of 261 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 6516
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrmjoe View Post
    We do the “heard chef”, or “yes chef” Gordon Ramsey style in our house. If you don’t get a “heard chef” reply it did not happen and was not heard. I do add baby chef or mommy chef sometimes. I have partial hearing loss in one ear from a winery accident, and a earbud often in the other when just roaming house/garage/winery doing chores and such. It works very well but is wierd for guests or tasting room customers to hear for the first time. I sometimes add do you need a follow up question or... Also love “action item preferred” when lady speak gets in the way. “The garbage is almost full”, “ok so is that an action item to take garbage out?”, if so why not just say it!

If were watching a movie and someone starts talking(usually a guest as mine are trained) i just keep raising the volume. We call out “pause” then can speak once the media is paused.
    Holy fucking jebus. Dick suck? Yes Chef.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Holy fucking jebus. Dick suck? Yes Chef.
    Mic drop.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I do that because the non stick coating on mine is chipping off and I don’t want to eat that.
    hmmm. How do you feel about dating older women. You two might get along.

My wife is hard of hearing, wears hearing aids. Sometimes. (Attributed to decades of using an electric leaf blower the instant one leaf or pine needle should land on any horizontal surface on or adjacent to our property.) I'll say something--like dinner's ready. No acknowledgement. I say it louder. Nothing. Louder. WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?

I’m ok with older women but....
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    A nice thing to say to her might be: “You’re acting just like your Mom”, in a nice condescending tone.
    Just be careful not to say "you're acting just like my mom..."

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'll say something--like dinner's ready. No acknowledgement. I say it louder. Nothing. Louder. WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?
    We have this exact scenario all the time. My theory is my wife deafened herself by constantly bellowing at the top of her lungs, which she does.

On the bright side I get to say all kinds of shit and get away with it, net-net it's probably good for my mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    We have this exact scenario all the time. My theory is my wife deafened herself by constantly bellowing at the top of her lungs, which she does.

On the bright side I get to say all kinds of shit and get away with it, net-net it's probably good for my mental health.
    For some reason my wife's poor hearing is still acutely sensitive to stuff I mutter under my breath.

For some reason my wife's poor hearing is still acutely sensitive to stuff I mutter under my breath.
    It's a trap!

Disclsoure married almost 30 years now - find that often these days ms MT and I have entire conversations about inate things imitating each other. I find it hysterical but confuses the hell outta the kids.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    It's a trap!
    LOL. Gets me every time. You'd think after 25 years I'd avoid it but I'm dumb.

This having her laid up thing is a real pita. I haven't spent this much time in the kitchen in 25 years since I last worked in a restaurant and since she's in the bedroom she can't see what we're doing so just tells us what she wants when she wants it which means dropping what we're doing and getting it done. The part about that that really bugs me is she keeps telling people on the phone that she knows she's a control freak for things that happen at home and is kind of enjoying having us jump to do her bidding but doesn't understand (care?) that it's really annoying. I think part of it is that she had to go cold turkey on smoking (cigs) and drinking before the surgery as well as completely changing her diet due to finding out from the pre-op blood tests that she has really high cholesterol and full blown type 2 diabetes so I try to keep my thoughts to myself which is wearing on me.

My wife has been laid up a few times recently--usually takes me laying down the law once about when I'm going to do stuff, batching requests, etc, and then things go smoothly. I shouldn't complain--she takes good care of me when I'm laid up. Last time she went to the farmer's market--which she doesn't like to do--bought bags of oranges, and brought me squeezed orange juice every day while I was in the hospital. So I shouldn't complain too much.

Had her help me bleed the brakes the other night, yaknow pump the pedal a bunch and hold. Got around to the driver side front only to see the clutch slave cyl cycling in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    LOL. Gets me every time. You'd think after 25 years I'd avoid it but I'm dumb.

This having her laid up thing is a real pita. I haven't spent this much time in the kitchen in 25 years since I last worked in a restaurant and since she's in the bedroom she can't see what we're doing so just tells us what she wants when she wants it which means dropping what we're doing and getting it done. The part about that that really bugs me is she keeps telling people on the phone that she knows she's a control freak for things that happen at home and is kind of enjoying having us jump to do her bidding but doesn't understand (care?) that it's really annoying. I think part of it is that she had to go cold turkey on smoking (cigs) and drinking before the surgery as well as completely changing her diet due to finding out from the pre-op blood tests that she has really high cholesterol and full blown type 2 diabetes so I try to keep my thoughts to myself which is wearing on me.
    Dropping what you're doing? Sounds like you are completely whipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    Had her help me bleed the brakes the other night, yaknow pump the pedal a bunch and hold. Got around to the driver side front only to see the clutch slave cyl cycling in and out.
    This, oh man. You deserve a little bit of the blame here, but still.... goddamn. This one is up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    That's a winner for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Dropping what you're doing? Sounds like you are completely whipped.
    You obviously aren't married or don't love your wife. You also, apparently, haven't been thrust into a caregiver position for someone that can't do many things for themselves. Therefore your opinion on this matter is one that I can ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    You obviously aren't married or don't love your wife. You also, apparently, haven't been thrust into a caregiver position for someone that can't do many things for themselves. Therefore your opinion on this matter is one that I can ignore.
    Wrong, wrong and wrong. If your wife demands you drop everything now, she doesnt have much respect for you. I don't know her primary reason for being laid up but I doubt it was a direct result of your actions. Her secondary misery from quitting smoking a high cholesterol is a result of her own choices.

Someone doesnt have a life partner, obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

^^ That's what I said.

@Beaver - OK deets. Broken ankle with torn deltoid. There are multiple fractures in the fibula that are now screwed and plated. It's still somewhat unstable so needs to be non weight bearing and elevated for another 6-7 weeks. The only comfortable place in the house is in bed so she can't see what's happening. Yeah the cholesterol might be self induced but if it's like me she may not process the cholesterol properly so between that and her thing for fried chicken and cheeseburgers it blew up. The diabetes is what it is and almost definitely is not self induced. I shouldn't have to justify it to you and you're being a bit of an ass but there it is.

You got defensive about the whipped crack.
    Sure, I'm being a bit of an ass but I still maintain that if you're expected to drop everything a jump to her command she's not that respectful of you.

If you've been married to someone long enough you know too much about them to be really respectful. Affectionate, sure. Loving--better. Fearful--unfortunately sometimes. Considerate--I hope so. But respect? Your spouse knows your shit stinks. Literally.

My wife hasn’t gotten a haircut since the start of the pandemic. She had pigtails today. Turned me on

I've only been married 28 years, I guess the disrespect thing is still coming.

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    My wife hasn’t gotten a haircut since the start of the pandemic. She had pigtails today. Turned me on
    You wana get her the school girl outfit !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Quality post.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda