Page 109 of 265 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 6620
    Imma guess .... penis shaped sponge?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I mean, I'm over 50 at this point and a real after-dinner espresso has never been an issue...

Of course, there is almost always a half bottle of wine preceeding it, so perhaps they cancel out?
    You're blessed! I try not to drink alcohol after 2pm, either. I would rather give that stuff up and be fresh in the am ready to ski, hunt, and fish. There is another product that I tolerate better however.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Thanks for the thoughful reply, P. I can totally see how crucial it is for us to get on the same page as soon as possible. I am fighting an especially tough battle because my wife's father left at a young age, so my wife, her sister and her mother became a bit more like siblings just trying to make their way together in the world. Certain barriers were destroyed, and it is hard for her to remain in a mother role in tense situations. In order to cope with the stress, they also got tricked into thinking that they could blow it all out at a drop of a hat and that they wouldn't hold grudges later. Sounds good in principle, but it escalated things unnecessarily and no one had the EQ to actually disassociate with harsh words after the fact. I see the cycle starting again and I don't want to be a referee, I want to co-parent.

Actually had a heart to heart with her yesterday, and the new plan is that if things start to spin out of control, I won't attempt to control them in the moment, I will calmly ask to speak with her in private, but immediately behind closed doors, and we can then present a unified front after discussion. This will also allow time for tempers to subside. I hope this is a good first step.

Damn, shit got real in here. We can get back to some more light-hearted stuff like pouring milk into the run-off tray in the coffee machine?? Holy hell that's a new one.
    2 main things that your wife can do. One is learn some techniques to handle the kids more skillfully and second is for her to consider how important it is for your family to be fairly and consistently disciplined since she lacks that experience herself.

https://happyhooligans.ca/ways-to-st...ling-fighting/

https://www.verywellfamily.com/reaso...h-kids-1094884

https://www.verywellfamily.com/unhea...ildren-1094778

^^^ Simple as that!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    2 main things that your wife can do. One is learn some techniques to handle the kids more skillfully and second is for her to consider how important it is for your family to be fairly and consistently disciplined since she lacks that experience herself.

https://happyhooligans.ca/ways-to-st...ling-fighting/

https://www.verywellfamily.com/reaso...h-kids-1094884

https://www.verywellfamily.com/unhea...ildren-1094778
    Not disagreeing with your take, but I'm struggling to role play a conversation where your 2nd point gets through...

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    Not disagreeing with your take, but I'm struggling to role play a conversation where your 2nd point gets through...

I hear that and understand the huge roadblock it presents. That's why some source other than the husband has to be employed; whether it's online or a book or a chat group or a family counselor. My wife had the same problem w a different cause but the ability to discipline never took hold in her. It seems Art needs/wants a more equal split of the discipline so serious effort will have to be made by all to get it done.

You're blessed! I try not to drink alcohol after 2pm, either. I would rather give that stuff up and be fresh in the am ready to ski, hunt, and fish. There is another product that I tolerate better however.
    Well... there's usually som lettuce as well... so maybe that's the trick??

three spoons from the taster's choice in the big yeti, hot water, couple splendas and I'm good for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Some of you make caffeine intake overly complex. Jesus Christ, measure 18 grams, wtf.
    "Can't you see..."

Funniest damn thing i've read this week. This thread always delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    This is my conundrum too. Back when we were just dating i used to (still do) do all the driving and she would never offer to help with gas which kind of bothered me so i would try and make here drive on any "easy" good weather drives. That strategy officially ended on a roadtrip to CA when i woke up to her sitting cross legged going 70 in cruise control weaving around semis going over siskyou pass. now when i get bothered by always driving i just think that id rather be sober and uncomfortable than dead.
    "Can't you see..."

Crack FTW!!?

For those who have wife’s that just toss the wet soggy sponge in the sink to rot (or refuse to use a sponge holder) this sink grate is wife proof. Recommended.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618498161.931733.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	371644

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    For those who have wife’s that just toss the wet soggy sponge in the sink to rot (or refuse to use a sponge holder) this sink grate is wife proof. Recommended.

"Wife proof" - you're funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    In a whiteout scenario, I think most wives would be constantly saying "slow down", "be careful", "watch that car/truck", etc. Or have enough sense to keep quite out of fear.

I find at sharp, "do you want to drive?!!" usually puts a muzzle on my wife in that situation.
    My wife and I have our share of arguments, but we seem to have some killers when I am driving and she grabs hand rails and gives me grief about my driving. The funny thing is she drives like Mr. Magoo. She will look over at me when she is driving and she does something stupid and watch to see if I roll my eyes or make any type of sign of disgust, then she will give me shit.

The most common move is to drive in the right lane and allow herself to get boxed in as she comes up on vehicles going slow instead of checking to get over when it is clear she will be boxed in. Drives right up behind them and then looks for a gap, but drivers in the next lane see she is out to lunch and nobody lets her in. And yeah, you might find somebody nice to let you in if you at least put your blinker on to show that you want to get over. End rant. Damn that felt good to let out.

wife proof -- you haven't met my wife!

wow, just read the last few pages catching up and there is some funny shit in here.
    AK47 I need one of those grates, looking on Amazon now.

My wife buys the Scotchbrite sponges, blue for the counters and yellow for the dishes.

Or is it the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    wow, just read the last few pages catching up and there is some funny shit in here.
    AK47 I need one of those grates, looking on Amazon now.
    Yea, mine came with my new sink but they probably have some standard sizes out there.

Subscribed. My wife’s breakfast 3 hours later...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E7DE6341-B1BB-49EA-8A1B-DD5FC40B0B18.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	632.3 KB 
ID:	371651  

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    why havent you cleaned that up yet....its what she's expecting.

Its like the old story about the guy whos wife sends him to the grocery....fuck it up once or twice and you're not asked anymore...clean it up once or twice, well...you're fucked.

Wow. The sink grate won’t help with that, actually would make it worse because all that crap would fall under making clean up harder.

Have you considered a countertop compost bucket placed right next to the sink for easy access?. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618502903.155164.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	371656

She’ll maybe start using after 6 or 7 years instead of the sink??

Sponge will still get nasty if not wrung out. And for fucks sakes flip it over. My wife actually taught me that one. Even on a solid counter, a scrubby side down sponge will get 99% less nasty. She's definitely not like your wifes regarding kitchen sponges.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Sponge will still get nasty if not wrung out. And for fucks sakes flip it over. My wife actually taught me that one. Even on a solid counter, a scrubby side down sponge will get 99% less nasty. She's definitely not like your wifes regarding kitchen sponges.
    Yes well aware. Since your wife is well sponge trained you can’t relate to this issue but your sage advice is always appreciated.

Have you considered a countertop compost bucket placed right next to the sink for easy access?
    Ha Ha... you’re funny. There’s a countertop compost bucket not 2 feet away. I take it out and empty it every morning so it’s ready to go and this doesn’t happen. Works great, huh?

Ha Ha... you’re funny. There’s a countertop compost bucket not 2 feet away. I take it out and empty it every morning so it’s ready to go and this doesn’t happen. Works great, huh?

NO cuz it doesnt get emptied every morning, it doesnt get emptied until the contents grows whiskers and it starts breeding flies

which is the worst part cuz I hate fruit flies in my Pinot noir

she has the very same bucket, if you are not going actualy empty the fucking thing quit trying to be all enviro and just put everything in the garbage but its her house
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know