Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1083
  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    6,006
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've always found it strange that you need to show your membership card to get into Costco when you can't actually buy anything without a card, anyway.
    It’s to stop people from getting to the registers with their cart and realizing they don’t have the card with them

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Pemberton, BC
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    was going to post this, many people like to skin with their boots buckled. That said, the fact that she didn't know it was an option is pretty funny.
    I guess the point is that she was really hurting with them buckled up and is way happier with them loose. Her boots are pretty old too, so don’t really have much of a range of motion.

    I did buy her new boots this year but she won’t use them because they hurt. She won’t take the time to get them punched either. So she uses her old heavy POS ones still. There is only so much a man can do! ;-).

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,956
    S o, wifey and I had a stupid argument (as I am laid up).
    She insists that if you cut a muffin to heat it up, you do it vertically, and just put it in the toaster oven.
    I say this in nonsense, you cut it horizontally, and split both sides so that the whole thing gets hot/browned (and then you can add your butter onto a flat surface).
    I asked her ‘well, how do you cut and heat a bagel?’
    To which she replied,
    “A muffin isn’t a bagel”.

    And this woman has an engineering degree.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    S o, wifey and I had a stupid argument (as I am laid up).
    She insists that if you cut a muffin to heat it up, you do it vertically, and just put it in the toaster oven.
    I say this in nonsense, you cut it horizontally, and split both sides so that the whole thing gets hot/browned (and then you can add your butter onto a flat surface.
    I asked her ‘well, how do you cut and heat a bagel?’
    To which she replied,
    “A muffin isn’t a bagel”.

    And this woman has an engineering degree.
    Holy toaster fires Bat Boy!

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,092
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    S o, wifey and I had a stupid argument (as I am laid up).
    She insists that if you cut a muffin to heat it up, you do it vertically, and just put it in the toaster oven.
    I say this in nonsense, you cut it horizontally, and split both sides so that the whole thing gets hot/browned (and then you can add your butter onto a flat surface).
    I asked her ‘well, how do you cut and heat a bagel?’
    To which she replied,
    “A muffin isn’t a bagel”.

    And this woman has an engineering degree.
    a) who cuts a muffin in two, just eat the damn muffin!
    b) I'm at a loss to understand what you're talking about or why it's so obvious that a muffin should be cut along one axis or the other
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    19,021
    she ^^ is right and its not really a good point to argue cuz a bagel is shaped so much like a piece of toast, but If you are laid up I would just let her toast it any way she wants so long as she does it and serves you

    I see the GF do all kinds of things different some good some bad some not like I would

    I let it all slide except if something is really bad/dangerous/will cost extra $
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,956
    You, good sir, clearly don’t have an ‘engineering’ degree.
    It’s to melt the butter.
    Banana bread muffins.
    Get off my coffee table, punk.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,956
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    she ^^ is right and its not really a good point to argue cuz a bagel is shaped so much like a piece of toast, but If you are laid up I would just let her toast it any way she wants so long as she does it and serves you

    I see the GF do all kinds of things different some good some bad some not like I would

    I let it all slide except if something is really bad/dangerous/will cost extra $
    Yeah, pretty much. But she knows she is a terrible nurse, she calls herself “Nurse Ratchet”.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    19,021
    well its really simplifys down to "pick your battles" and so what I do is buy her things that I want and will use like the capresso burr grinder for the espresso M/C I got her

    I long ago bought a B&D toaster oven to do bread/muffins bagels/ coldpizza/ bacon n egg breakfast sammi's
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,345
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    S o, wifey and I had a stupid argument (as I am laid up).
    She insists that if you cut a muffin to heat it up, you do it vertically, and just put it in the toaster oven.
    I say this in nonsense, you cut it horizontally, and split both sides so that the whole thing gets hot/browned (and then you can add your butter onto a flat surface).
    I asked her ‘well, how do you cut and heat a bagel?’
    To which she replied,
    “A muffin isn’t a bagel”.

    And this woman has an engineering degree.
    Divorce her NOW!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,956
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Divorce her NOW!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    THAT would be the single stupidest decision I could make in this lifetime...
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,556
    I'm POSITIVE this argument was just an attempt to get some make up sex.

    Your wife is too smart not to see through this, n00B.

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,092
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    she calls herself “Nurse Ratchet”.
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Divorce her NOW!
    he might have a point!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    I did buy her new boots this year but she won’t use them because they hurt. She won’t take the time to get them punched either. .
    I came home from skiing earlier this month to find Ms Boissal raging pissed about her new boots and the blisters they're causing her. If was her 5th day out and she had trashed her feet on every outing. She was one click away from buying a pair of Hojis when I asked what the boot-fitter had to say about the issue. That distracted her enough that the Hojis were not purchased but she eventually admitted that in the "entire afternoon" she had spent at the boot fitter she basically just had the liner cooked. She threw a pair of superfeet in the boots when she got home and was irate that things weren't working perfectly.
    I had to drag her to the boot-fitter and the whole drive listened to her complain that the boots would never work. Dude took one look at the shell, one look at her feet, made her a footbed, punched the shell twice, and added a ton of foam around her skinny ankles. I haven't heard any further complaints about the boots. At some point she may even acknowledge that my suggestion was correct but I'm not holding my breath...

  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I came home from skiing earlier this month to find Ms Boissal raging pissed about her new boots and the blisters they're causing her. If was her 5th day out and she had trashed her feet on every outing. She was one click away from buying a pair of Hojis when I asked what the boot-fitter had to say about the issue. That distracted her enough that the Hojis were not purchased but she eventually admitted that in the "entire afternoon" she had spent at the boot fitter she basically just had the liner cooked. She threw a pair of superfeet in the boots when she got home and was irate that things weren't working perfectly.
    I had to drag her to the boot-fitter and the whole drive listened to her complain that the boots would never work. Dude took one look at the shell, one look at her feet, made her a footbed, punched the shell twice, and added a ton of foam around her skinny ankles. I haven't heard any further complaints about the boots. At some point she may even acknowledge that my suggestion was correct but I'm not holding my breath...
    You have a better chance of sleeping on the couch than you do getting an acknowledgement. A good bootfitter is gold, the work magic. I got two further seasons out if some trashed boots by getting them punched some more and new footbeds. And then I bought new boots from the same guy. Magic. I might need to go back next season for some heel/ankle foam.

  16. #1066
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    11,239
    “A muffin isn’t a bagel”

    Literally LOLed

    Costco--The aforementioned dumbasses without memberships, and they are super serious about loss prevention. Same reason you have to show your receipt on the way out the door.

  17. #1067
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    19,021
    A buddy used to work at costco, he sez they would thro huge amounts of fruit & baking out cuz head office would ship perishables nobody in our city would buy so they don't wasting money like that

    They wanted to check my tool bag and i got into a beef with them about it

    which is why they now display the sign that sez they reserve the right to check your bag
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  18. #1068
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,092
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    A buddy used to work at costco, he sez they would thro huge amounts of fruit & baking out cuz head office would ship perishables nobody in our city would buy so they don't wasting money like that
    I worked at a food bank/soup kitchen for a couple of years. Costco was far and away the largest donator of food. Every day they gave us tons of stuff.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  19. #1069
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Marquette MI
    Posts
    2,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    It’s to stop people from getting to the registers with their cart and realizing they don’t have the card with them
    "Oh hey man, I forgot my card, can I scan yours real quick?"

    I snuck in once to buy a girl one of those massive floating pink flamingos. Easier than expected, harder than it should have been to go buy crap from a store, like seriously some kind of cult in there.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

  20. #1070
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    19,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I worked at a food bank/soup kitchen for a couple of years. Costco was far and away the largest donator of food. Every day they gave us tons of stuff.
    probably cheaper than paying the extra tipping fees on the dumpster

    refusing to be searched turned out to be a real issue with their people talking to my people, all the lawyers talkign to everyone yada fucking yada double billing , a week later my manager sits me down and said " ok you were right, but do you want to do business ? "

    to which I replied " Yeah I know I was right and what I want is respect " from a career standpoint pretty fucking stupid eh but I had enough and so that is why you see the caveat on the side of the costco building
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  21. #1071
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    probably cheaper than paying the extra tipping fees on the dumpster

    refusing to be searched turned out to be a real issue with their people talking to my people, all the lawyers talkign to everyone yada fucking yada double billing , a week later my manager sits me down and said " ok you were right, but do you want to do business ? "

    to which I replied " Yeah I know I was right and what I want is respect " from a career standpoint pretty fucking stupid eh but I had enough and so that is why you see the caveat on the side of the costco building
    What'd ya have in your tool bag that shouldn't have been there? Weed?

  22. #1072
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,135
    I did buy her new boots
    Here is your problem. Don't do that. Buying quasi-necessities that are personal and leaving yourself open to have her tell you repeatedly they suck is on you. That is what salesmen are for. This is part of marriage 101.

  23. #1073
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    S o, wifey and I had a stupid argument (as I am laid up).
    She insists that if you cut a muffin to heat it up, you do it vertically, and just put it in the toaster oven.
    I say this in nonsense, you cut it horizontally, and split both sides so that the whole thing gets hot/browned (and then you can add your butter onto a flat surface).
    I asked her ‘well, how do you cut and heat a bagel?’
    To which she replied,
    “A muffin isn’t a bagel”.

    And this woman has an engineering degree.
    Wait. People toast muffins?

  24. #1074
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Wait. People toast muffins?
    Ya, the same people who like toaster fires.

  25. #1075
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,556
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Wait. People toast muffins?
    No.

    People do not do this.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •