Page 158 of 163 FirstFirst ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 4067
  1. #3926
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,476
    Dude, velcro is where its at
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  2. #3927
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,866
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Dude, magnets is where its at
    FIFY.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  3. #3928
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,476
    https://www.nikken.com/na/

    a paddling buddy was big into the Nikken thing and kept trying to push it on me

    so t told him about my dad wrapping a fridge magnet to his arm with a tensor bandage

    Dad claimed it worked, I think the fridge magnet was from a local RE agent

    I remembr thinking this was all beyond funny
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  4. #3929
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,202
    Holy shit. Iím not the only one who mindlessly put stacks and stacks of paper and files through a industrial shredder to make a few bucks.

    Had it down so I could read and just push stacks onto the conveyor belt.

  5. #3930
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
    Posts
    3,574
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    It must not be that urgent otherwise she'd be burning them?

    I just had to go finish off a deer that my wife smoked with my truck. Shit happens and we live in deer country so it easily could have been me but that wasn't a real ideal way to start my morning. At least it was only body damage to the truck and now maybe I can get a fancy steel bumper?
    Did you use a maul?

  6. #3931
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Did you use a maul?
    Fortunately no. But as I got into the car to drive home afterwards it did cross my mind that it was a better experience than Iceman's.

  7. #3932
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,476
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Holy shit. I’m not the only one who mindlessly put stacks and stacks of paper and files through a industrial shredder to make a few bucks.

    Had it down so I could read and just push stacks onto the conveyor belt.
    yeah part of the job was picking up dirty magazines from the customs lockup, think a hardcopy version of porn hub 40 yrs ago,

    I had reams of the stuff to read on the job, they would use the same pictures and change the stories to the usual scenerio
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-11-2021 at 01:38 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  8. #3933
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    11,708
    Working in my office & heard a noise outside & saw my wife mowing the yard in a Snowbird t shirt, so doing well here

  9. #3934
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Working in my office & heard a noise outside & saw my wife mowing the yard in a Snowbird t shirt, so doing well here
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  10. #3935
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Working in my office & heard a noise outside & saw my wife mowing the yard in a Snowbird t shirt, so doing well here
    In only a snowbird shirt?

  11. #3936
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    14,786
    good hustle
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

  12. #3937
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,767
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    In only a snowbird shirt?
    His wife's a midget ......

    WHAT?!?!?!?

  13. #3938
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,817
    Any pics of her weeding?

  14. #3939
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNWET
    Posts
    4,373
    Mines rough tough and from red bluff. Watch out for that left hook. She made me buy a boat last year. A real Outdoors person. Smartest thing I've ever done.

  15. #3940
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    SLC, Utah
    Posts
    2,626
    We're currently cleaning our old house in anticipation of renting it out. Wifey is a fantastic cleaner - detail oriented, hard working, tough. She decides that in order to clean the bathroom she's gonna get some drill brush attachments so we can really go to town on the tub and such. Great idea, I'm all on board.

    Wifey cleans bathroom #1 while I vacuum and sweep upstairs. I finish and come down to offer help, and she is red in the face and flustered.

    "Your stupid cheap home Depot drills are no good!" she yells at me. "I barely put any pressure on them and they give up!". Earlier I had made the mistake of making her privy to my "real tools vs Ryobi" debate, and not being particularly handy, I went with the Ryobi tools because of cost vs. performance vs. expected use cases (I'm clearly not a contractor, as anyone who reads the home remodel thread can attest to).

    I calmly take the drill from her and turn the torque up from 2 to unlimited. "That should do it, let me know if you have any trouble".

    "Wow, how'd you fix it??" She stares in amazement while pushing the drill with both hands into the sink bowl. I start explaining torque settings, show her on the drill, and she rolls her eyes "Nevermind, thanks for fixing it".

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

  16. #3941
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    16,341
    Love my girl, but she isn't a cleaner. Luckily I am and our girls inherited my weird Scottish fetish for cleanliness too.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  17. #3942
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,817
    There is not a screw in the house that my wife has driven that is not stripped. And they all have to be removed because nothing is in the right place the frst time, or the second. And when she removes a screw--no matter how stripped, rusty, or bent it goes back in the box. (She also saves dead batteries and light bulbs. At least there are less of those nowadays.)

  18. #3943
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Among Greatness All Around
    Posts
    5,843
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    We're currently cleaning our old house in anticipation of renting it out. Wifey is a fantastic cleaner - detail oriented, hard working, tough. She decides that in order to clean the bathroom she's gonna get some drill brush attachments so we can really go to town on the tub and such. Great idea, I'm all on board.

    Wifey cleans bathroom #1 while I vacuum and sweep upstairs. I finish and come down to offer help, and she is red in the face and flustered.

    "Your stupid cheap home Depot drills are no good!" she yells at me. "I barely put any pressure on them and they give up!". Earlier I had made the mistake of making her privy to my "real tools vs Ryobi" debate, and not being particularly handy, I went with the Ryobi tools because of cost vs. performance vs. expected use cases (I'm clearly not a contractor, as anyone who reads the home remodel thread can attest to).

    I calmly take the drill from her and turn the torque up from 2 to unlimited. "That should do it, let me know if you have any trouble".

    "Wow, how'd you fix it??" She stares in amazement while pushing the drill with both hands into the sink bowl. I start explaining torque settings, show her on the drill, and she rolls her eyes "Nevermind, thanks for fixing it".

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    Does your drill have a 1 and 2 for RPM speed also? Torque dial on the drill I have plus a switch that has a 1 (slower) and a 2 (for the fastest RPM's)

  19. #3944
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,476
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There is not a screw in the house that my wife has driven that is not stripped. And they all have to be removed because nothing is in the right place the frst time, or the second. And when she removes a screw--no matter how stripped, rusty, or bent it goes back in the box. (She also saves dead batteries and light bulbs. At least there are less of those nowadays.)
    there is probably a good joke/retort/ anecdote I could come up with about stripped / stripping but i choose to take the high road at least his time

    in any case i just hope you are OK
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  20. #3945
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,817
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    there is probably a good joke/retort/ anecdote I could come up with about stripped / stripping but i choose to take the high road at least his time

    in any case i just hope you are OK
    You may take the high road but I know what you're thinking.

  21. #3946
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    3,141
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    She also saves dead batteries and light bulbs.
    When she starts running anything plastic through the dishwasher before throwing it away we'll talk.
    "Can't you see..."

  22. #3947
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bethel, Maine
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    There is not a screw in the house that my wife has driven that is not stripped.
    I get asked to help hang flower boxes, then get yelled at for taking too long because I'm trying to drive screws in straight, and preferably into something that will actually hold, so she says "let me do it, I know how to use a drill."

    Then when it's time to take them down for winter, she complains that it's taking too long to get the screws out (because she drove them all in at weird angles and stripped half of them) and that the cedar shakes behind the boxes are splitting from multiple years of screws being driven in not quite the same spots.

    Sigh.


    Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

  23. #3948
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,476
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You may take the high road but I know what you're thinking.
    thats good cuz i'm not always sure what i'm thinking
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  24. #3949
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    So. VT
    Posts
    2,589
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I get asked to help hang flower boxes, then get yelled at for taking too long because I'm trying to drive screws in straight, and preferably into something that will actually hold, so she says "let me do it, I know how to use a drill."

    Then when it's time to take them down for winter, she complains that it's taking too long to get the screws out (because she drove them all in at weird angles and stripped half of them) and that the cedar shakes behind the boxes are splitting from multiple years of screws being driven in not quite the same spots.

    Sigh.


    Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sounds like you need some sort of bracket or hook and to stop drilling screws every year?

  25. #3950
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Mines rough tough and from red bluff. Watch out for that left hook. She made me buy a boat last year. A real Outdoors person. Smartest thing I've ever done.
    Many people regret buying a boat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •