Page 156 of 265 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 6620
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Say no more. I locked myself out of my truck at least twice during that process.
    yeah thats when you get that hidden key container
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah thats when you get that hidden key container
    Or a Ford with the keypad, assuming you can remember a five digit code (you can pick your own).

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Ummmmm. ..... key fob that remotely primes your lock to let go when you put your hand on the door sensor?
    What kind of 1970s shit are you folks driving, anyway????

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Ummmmm. ..... key fob that remotely primes your lock to let go when you put your hand on the door sensor?
    What kind of 1970s shit are you folks driving, anyway????
    My wife's car unlocks when she gets near it, then starts when she presses the start button. Then she leaves the car running, goes back in the house to get something, forgets the keys, gets back in the car, drives off and then can't restart the car to come home. Or she has me drop her somewhere in her car and takes the keys with her and I have no way to restart the car. My car starts when I turn the key, and ever shall it be that way. She complains about having to press a button on the fob to unlock my car and turn the key to drive it but my car isn't the one getting stranded.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife's car unlocks when she gets near it, then starts when she presses the start button. Then she leaves the car running, goes back in the house to get something, forgets the keys, gets back in the car, drives off and then can't restart the car to come home. Or she has me drop her somewhere in her car and takes the keys with her and I have no way to restart the car. My car starts when I turn the key, and ever shall it be that way. She complains about having to press a button on the fob to unlock my car and turn the key to drive it but my car isn't the one getting stranded.
    This is exactly what my wife does. In addition, the key fob might be buried in one of her bags which she totes stuff to work and back. She hauls them all out in the morning when she is running late and hopes the car senses the fob and will start

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    This is exactly what my wife does. In addition, the key fob might be buried in one of her bags which she totes stuff to work and back. She hauls them all out in the morning when she is running late and hopes the car senses the fob and will start

that's funny, and probably what i would do....

My car unlocks itself when I get near the driver side door and starts with a push button. I like the system, but I keep my keys / fob in my pocket all day every day.

YWRMV

So, as we've been yammering about for ever. ......... wife problem, not car access problem. Sounds like she'd have similar issues with prehistoric non-electronic access too.

My comment was aimed at the distracted men.

I don’t really care as it has little to do with me, but does anyone else’s spouse leave insanely long voicemails for people. It’s like she’s having a conversation with someone and is uncomfortable with the silence so she keeps talking. Once she exhausts absolutely everything tangentially related to the original reason for the call, she begrudgingly hangs up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I don’t really care as it has little to do with me, but does anyone else’s spouse leave insanely long voicemails for people. It’s like she’s having a conversation with someone and is uncomfortable with the silence so she keeps talking. Once she exhausts absolutely everything tangentially related to the original reason for the call, she begrudgingly hangs up.

I’d be more concerned she is actually leaving voicemails.

What’s a voicemail?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I’d be more concerned she is actually leaving voicemails.

I'd much rather my wife start leaving voicemails than continue calling back until I answer, at decreasing frequencies and usually getting more pissed and panicked the longer it goes.

90% of the time I'm somewhere without service that she knew I was headed to. Probably 5% of the time I'm at work (she's generally better about understanding that I can't jump to answer her phone call when I have people in front of me). Maybe 3% of the time I've left the phone in the other room and an trying to get the baby to sleep, am napping because the baby finally went to sleep, or otherwise tired up and can't hear it.

The remaining 2% usually starts at one of the above and by the time I get through the dozen texts and clear the missed call messages, I'm not in the mood to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    I'd much rather my wife start leaving voicemails than continue calling back until I answer, at decreasing frequencies and usually getting more pissed and panicked the longer it goes.

90% of the time I'm somewhere without service that she knew I was headed to. Probably 5% of the time I'm at work (she's generally better about understanding that I can't jump to answer her phone call when I have people in front of me). Maybe 3% of the time I've left the phone in the other room and an trying to get the baby to sleep, am napping because the baby finally went to sleep, or otherwise tired up and can't hear it.

The remaining 2% usually starts at one of the above and by the time I get through the dozen texts and clear the missed call messages, I'm not in the mood to answer.

That does sound annoying.

Can't remember the last time my wife left me a voicemail. I just spent 4 days out of town and all we exchanged were a few texts.

I’m not talking about leaving me voicemails. It’s her poor friends. But maybe they listen to them all the way through?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    What’s a voicemail?
    my iLittlePhoney tells me i have 204 unheard "voicemails"

The last person to leave me voicemails was my mom who’s in her 70’s. Last couple years she quit that and now just uses texts. The texts are usually just “call me” or “when can I call you?”

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    So my wife has been waiting on a Bronco Sport that's been on order since March and originally supposed to be available in May. Now the projected delivery date is Christmas Eve and she reached the "f*** this" level necessary to go find one that's close enough on a lot.

Having waited since March, you'd think we could take our time (while being aware that stock is limited). Nope. Had to figure out out immediately.

Ugh, okay. That then raised the possibility that we were going to be taking her car in for a trade, so on Sunday I tried to get it clean. Multiple hours later, I get yelled at for taking too long. Clearly my fault and not a result of her never cleaning anything up in the interior, to the point where she'd thoroughly ground dirt into the driver's side carpet, spattered coffee everywhere within a foot of the cupholders, etc.

I'm making sure the new car has big floormats from day one.

Of course, then we ended up finding what she wanted far enough away that I didn't want to drive the used car over and then need to negotiate value, so instead it's sitting in the driveway and I get to sell it on the internet.

She’s probably posting on her message board about her silly husband who just wasted hours cleaning a car for trade in, they care nothing about a dirty car.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Yes, my wife does. She also gets annoyed with me when I call someone and if I don’t get through, hang up without leaving a voicemail, and shoot over a text.

“Why didn’t you leave a message!?”

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    She’s probably posting on her message board about her silly husband who just wasted hours cleaning a car for trade in, they care nothing about a dirty car.
    I realize that a dealership is going to get it detailed regardless, but I was going on the thought that if someone's first thought on looking in was "this is trashed" it wasn't going to help. Heck, I wouldn't put it past a car salesman to use it as a bargaining point even if he knew it didn't actually matter. Once I got going, I figured I might as well get as close to doing it right as I could, as we weren't sure on the trade vs sell privately question.

The outside was also an issue of trying to clean up some of the scuffs. I wasn't about to apply a DA to it, but even with hand buffing and a fresh coat of wax, it looked roughly 300% better from 10 feet away or at dusk. In daylight, within five feet, you could still tell that parking at the back of the lot wasn't her thing.

As opposed to looking at the detailing the sale manager looks at the black book

a friend recently tried to trade in a car and sales manage buddy said he didnt want it under any circumstances

said go private which actualy worked way better than expected cuz there were no cars in that < 10K price range
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yeah, those guys know what they will pay regardless of that sort of condition HOWEVER, they will play a game that is apparently pretty well known in the industry and if your car is dirty, I suppose you could fall into it. My cousin did a brief stint as a car salesman and come trade in time, he would inspect that car with the buyer present. He would walk around the car, indicate towards dings/scratches/etc and just remain completely silent. Awkwardly so. Until the buyer would say something like, "Oh that? That's just yada yada" or "Barely ran into a pole." Around he would go, and then same with the inside. None of it really mattered but the buyer was slowly psychologically devaluing their own car without a word from him. Now, this group may be above that sort of tactic, but apparently it works on most people.

Ok, fess up, guys. Which of you is this? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

Dammit. Now I'm hungry for cobbler.

#cobbler

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

Why am I attracted to her?