Page 133 of 267 FirstFirst ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 6656
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You gotta own it. Yes there were strippers, no I did not sleep with them, make out, etc. blaming it on others just shows weakness, and makes it seem like you did something wrong by looking at strippers.
    Own it!

Be a manly man.

If you don’t cheat, a reasonable wife will realize you’re just a guy.
    And slutty women make money wiggling tits and ass. Blah blah yeah it’s degrading.

Then shag the fuck out of your wife while closing your eyes and visualizing the 20 year old strippers.

I hate strip clubs FYI. But a good bachelor party is good fun. Bachelorette parties are often more obscene
    . . .

You gotta own it.
    I tried, but my wife said I couldn't have a stripper. Who'd feed her and take her out in the neighborhood?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

You gotta own it. Yes there were strippers, no I did not sleep with them, make out, etc. blaming it on others just shows weakness, and makes it seem like you did something wrong by looking at strippers.
    Funny thing it was the gay dudes in the group that lead us in there.

I fell in love with 3 women.

I still think about them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Well played

Grocery shopping: my lists are complete and in the order that I walk the isles. Quick and efficient and nothing gets missed (if I’m doing the shopping). Her lists are a smattering of items given to me on an e-list, a scrap of paper, an email, and some last minute texts and she’s always shocked that I’ve missed an item.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

my shopping list: a checklist on my phone divided by areas of the store (dairy, deli, meat, box/can, etc)
    mrs's : a scrap of paper with stuff listed

we irritate each other by not conforming to the other's shopping list preferences

i like checking off stuff as i get it & it autosorts to push the remaining items to the top
    she doesn't like having to have her phone out in the store, but she has to carry a paper & pen
    i get it, but let tech help you
    additionally, tech can be shared while you both tick stuff off if you find yourself in one of those dual efficiency runs to the store & I don't have to guess where the required scrap is being kept at any given moment

Guys with grocery lists?? Man up.

Be a worthless cart pusher like the rest of the skin sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

Be a worthless cart pusher like the rest of the skin sacks.
    i'm not five
    i take care of my fam

i get it, but let tech help you
    additionally, tech can be shared while you both tick stuff off if you find yourself in one of those dual efficiency runs to the store & I don't have to guess where the required scrap is being kept at any given moment
    If this would work in real time shopping with your wife and starting at opposite ends of the store, more power to ya! Sounds like a pipe dream to me, but I do appreciate the effort towards efficiency. Cut a 40 min shopping trip down to 25 if run effectively

You guys put in way too much work with the groceries
    * I give my list to Ms TBS, and when I will be available for the 40mile round trip to pick up
    * She enters everything into the store's (Fred Meyer) website, schedules the pickup time and confirms/rejects any substitutions
    * I pick up. If they ask me questions I just say "That's above my pay grade"

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    If there's more than 3 things, ima need a list.

We have 3 kids. All picky eaters (worthy of a diff thread if needed to be discussed!) and a fridge/ pantry that needs regular checking for stock and cleaning out. Thinking that might make the weekly grocery trip a little more complicated than those without picky kids?

She's also into cookbooks and trying 1-2 new recipes on a good (calm) week. So her lists get more complicated and specific. I don't make a list, I generally know what we have and what we need without getting fancy.

All that said, if her paper scrap list could be organized by dept/aisle and make sense for my trip through the store I wouldn't mind.

That's not the case...

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    We have 3 kids. All picky eaters (worthy of a diff thread if needed to be discussed!) and a fridge/ pantry that needs regular checking for stock and cleaning out. Thinking that might make the weekly grocery trip a little more complicated than those without picky kids?

She's also into cookbooks and trying 1-2 new recipes on a good (calm) week. So her lists get more complicated and specific. I don't make a list, I generally know what we have and what we need without getting fancy.

All that said, if her paper scrap list could be organized by dept/aisle and make sense for my trip through the store I wouldn't mind.

That's not the case...
    Picky kids don't eat around this house.

My wife has preprinted lists that are in order by aisle and proper flow direction for our regular store. Circle or line through the regular items. Blank space for other items. Heaven help the fool who puts something on the list in the wrong place. On the weeks that I shop it is amazing how useful that is.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    and kids who don't eat are super healthy, happy, and easy going, right??

Like I said. let's not fuck up this thread about this, but for some it's a real problem with medical intervention and worthy of its own discussion if you're interested.

and kids who don't eat are super healthy, happy, and easy going, right??
    If they get hangry, they should probably eat something.

If there's more than 3 things, ima need a list.
    My wife is so type A I don’t cook anything except run the smoker or grill. She makes the list, she know the exact ingredients, she knows the store, I push the cart and ask for ice cream and complain every 4 minutes.

When I go the store for her it never works out, half the shit she wants is out of stock and I’m texting her pictures of similar products and it’s a goddam nightmare.

I came home from 10 days out of town and every houseplant is dead, windows are open and the AC was on (84 outside).

When you have a kid who’s in the first percentile for BMI and 85th percentile for height, who only wants to eat chicken nuggets and French fries, you will get creative. He got a nasty stomach bug and I was like, shit kid, you better start eating because you can’t afford to lose any more weight.

If they get hangry, they should probably eat something.
    And when they dont.. and they are both hangry AND getting sick and nothing changes?

Good luck dad.

Sometimes it isn't just run-of-the-mill defiance and is a medical issue.

Other times it can be defiance that leads to issues that end up with malnutrition.

Please feel lucky if your kids eat well. (Said both as a parent with typically developing picky eaters and a professional who works with kids who have significant issues with feeding)

When you have a kid who’s in the first percentile for BMI and 85th percentile for height, who only wants to eat chicken nuggets and French fries, you will get creative. He got a nasty stomach bug and I was like, shit kid, you better start eating because you can’t afford to lose any more weight.
    Yeah - most of my kids are tall and skinny like their old man. And if they're hungry, they generally fend for themselves. When they were little they ate (or didn't eat) whatever I was making.

I never went out of my way to make stuff they didn't like, but if they didn't like it, we always gave them the option of cooking for the family.

Shared lists on the phone are definitely the way. They just work a lot better when everything goes on them. No list and I’m coming home with booze, meat, and something from the sale corner at Costco.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

And when they dont.. and they are both hangry AND getting sick and nothing changes?

Good luck dad.

Sometimes it isn't just run-of-the-mill defiance and is a medical issue.

Other times it can be defiance that leads to issues that end up with malnutrition.

Please feel lucky if your kids eat well.
    Next time make the distinction right away. Medical issues with eating stuff are a whole 'nother topic. "Picky kids" (to me) means they just don't want/like whatever you're serving.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    My wife has preprinted lists that are in order by aisle and proper flow direction for our regular store. Circle or line through the regular items. Blank space for other items. Heaven help the fool who puts something on the list in the wrong place. On the weeks that I shop it is amazing how useful that is.
    ##shoppinglistgoals

^^Sorry, when I said in the OP that I thought it was a discussion worthy of its own thread I thought that was what I was doing.

These days you never know what "picky eater" means and my (admittedly skewed) interpretation implies a disorder or disability.

Let's move on.

Maybe I'll start a thread. But probably not, getting too close to the work/tgr line here for me.

No offense taken. I'm. out. Just. regular ski dad with picky eaters here..

... and a fridge/ pantry that needs regular checking for stock and cleaning out. Thinking that might make the weekly grocery trip a little more complicated than those without picky kids?

This drives me nuts. My wife won't let me cook because I like things like kale and believe that salad doesn't have to have meat on it to be a meal, but she also can't be bothered to actually pay attention to what's in the fridge beyond one layer deep. I've finally convinced her to mark the date and content on the leftovers, so at least I don't have to open three-week-old raw chicken to know that it needs to go away, but FFS.

And yes, we do sometimes come up with new recipes to try (have to admit that is one of the really cool things about this newfangled Internet thing). Downside? When she writes down ingredients for a recipe, it's damn-near shorthand and never has quantities. Knowing if we need half a teaspoon of that item or half a gallon of it really makes lists more helpful, but again, the whole curbside pickup makes that easier.

Oh, and check the fridge before making a list? Hah, funny. The number of times she's said "yes, get three of the [half-gallon] iced coffees", i.e. a full supply between shopping trips, and I find two more on the bottom shelf of the fridge when I unload...

That's not the case...
    Organized by dept. and aisles? Do you shop at a new store every time you go for groceries?

All this shopping drama makes you guys sound like a bunch of neurotic twats. Flow charts for the shopping list? Wtf? I’m out of the