Page 144 of 262 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 6538
    You guys may have convinced me it's worth hauling the aluminum to the recycler. Might happen twice a year, but WTH, it's on my way to skiing and they'll probably give me a dollar.

Now if I can get my wife to stop putting it in the trash I'll be all set.

JHC, I love my wife and all, but why can't she ever seem to open or close a package/container properly? Plus, anything she does open just leaves out on the countertop. She's smart as hell too.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    https://www.npr.org/2020/09/11/89769...ld-be-recycled

Manufacturers' plan is to triple plastic production in the next few decades due to expected decrease in demand for fossil fuels. Recycling (non-glass materials, in America) has for the most part always been a hoax, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it or that it can't be fixed. The reason 91% of recyclable material ends up in a landfill is because there's no money in it, just like saving the planet or protecting natural resources any other way.

Yeah but think how cool it's going to be for the apes to mine the landfills for durable materials after we're gone. That's an upside, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Yeah but think how cool it's going to be for the apes to mine the landfills for durable materials after we're gone. That's an upside, right?
    I often think about that, especially living in the SW, that archaeology is just sitting through dead people's garbage. If you find a pot sherd, it's not buried treasure. It's just trash. And we have managed to generate oh so much trash.

That Pixar flick wall-e sure does have a lot of social commentary about our current society.

Back on topic:

My wife snaps at me. I am flippant back. Then she starts in with, "I don't like your tone." There is absolutely no winning this scenario.

Anyone else dealing with a bat shit crazy anti-vaxxer MIL? Asking for a friend…

Fortunately, the apple fell a long way from the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
    Kind of redundant isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Creeker View Post

Fortunately, the apple fell a long way from the tree.
    Nope, mine just thanks the Dear Lord Jesus for the vaccine... I'm pretty sure he wasn't involved in the development process.

Friend of mine still hasn't met one of her grand babies; her son is concerned she will "shed" the vaccine and cause autism in the baby and make his wife sterile. Seems like a bit of a stretch.

I got woken up to this today with more than a slight hangover.

Why won’t this docking station work with this monitor? I NEED your help.

First glance there is no power to the docking station.

Did you use the power cord that came with the docking station?

No I used my laptop charger.

Try the cord the fucking thing came with.

Oh, yeah that worked.

FML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post

Friend of mine still hasn't met one of her grand babies; her son is concerned she will "shed" the vaccine and cause autism in the baby and make his wife sterile. Seems like a bit of a stretch.
    Jesus, hopefully she is sterile, we don’t need anymore idiots in the world at this point.

I often think about that, especially living in the SW, that archaeology is just sitting through dead people's garbage. If you find a pot sherd, it's not buried treasure. It's just trash. And we have managed to generate oh so much trash.

That Pixar flick wall-e sure does have a lot of social commentary about our current society.
    I've often thought of this as well, especially in the difference between petroglyphs and carved graffiti. One is a cool piece of history that must be preserved, and the other is shame worthy.

Give the graffiti a couple hundred years and maybe it will be a cultural landmark..

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/11/89769...ld-be-recycled

Manufacturers' plan is to triple plastic production in the next few decades due to expected decrease in demand for fossil fuels. Recycling (non-glass materials, in America) has for the most part always been a hoax, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it or that it can't be fixed. The reason 91% of recyclable material ends up in a landfill is because there's no money in it, just like saving the planet or protecting natural resources any other way.
    I recently learned that usually only 1 & 2 plastics are readily recyclable, most 3, 4, & 5 aren't

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I've often thought of this as well, especially in the difference between petroglyphs and carved graffiti. One is a cool piece of history that must be preserved, and the other is shame worthy.

Give the graffiti a couple hundred years and maybe it will be a cultural landmark..
    Carved graffiti from the Oregon Trail is already considered a historic landmark.

Petroglyphs are generally a bit different, IMO, in level of cultural significance.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

what about Banksy ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The petroglyphs at Donner Summit are just about gone. When I first started visiting them they were plain as day. Now you have to strain to see them and some are completely gone. They (Truckee Trails Foundation I'm guessing or maybe the Donner Summit group that built the little exhibit at the PCT parking) have rocked out a route up the slabs to keep people from walking on them but too late.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the dishwasher is running anyhow so sticking the odd jar in there is no biggy except when label disintegrates it ends up on the rest of the dishes

My tennant is also the Gardner, you dentists do all have a gardner i hope ?
    Agree, just throw any glass or plastic in with a load of dishes.

Place the jar in the middle rack in a corner, not in the lower rack. Check and clean filters per the specs, the secret to making a DW live to a ripe old age.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    ....... Check and clean filters per the specs, the secret to making a DW live to a ripe old age.
    Amen. I was horrified at how scummy the filters got in an amazingly short time. And my wife has been all over that shit, cleaning them religiously. Loading FUBAR forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I recently learned that usually only 1 & 2 plastics are readily recyclable, most 3, 4, & 5 aren't
    Yep, this needs a policy solution not out on the backs of consumers. If big oil can’t make plastics completely and quickly biodegradable they should put out of business. Screw the Mr Robinson

Place the jar in the middle rack in a corner, not in the lower rack. Check and clean filters per the specs, the secret to making a DW live to a ripe old age.
    yeah something like this ^^ depending on your m/c, also open the door and take the jar out before the label gets too washed off and the jar will probably be cleanish enough

the secret to any appliance living a long life is to have one of the appliance repair websites to look up probelms
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah something like this ^^ depending on your m/c, also open the door and take the jar out before the label gets too washed off and the jar will probably be cleanish enough

the secret to any appliance living a long life is to have one of the appliance repair websites to look up probelms
    Seriously, repairclinic.com FTMFW I have saved multiple appliances, multiple times, from the bin. Mrs Noonan is always impressed with me prowess, to boot.

Back on topic:

My wife snaps at me. I am flippant back. Then she starts in with, "I don't like your tone." There is absolutely no winning this scenario.
    You could sucker punch her in the throat?
    "Never saw that one coming, huh?"
    Win.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Along these lines I’m trying to convince my wife that with new DW you don’t pre-rinse the dishes. No matter how many times I show her it works or talk about the water it saves, she literally can’t do it. It’s almost like a mental block

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Along these lines I’m trying to convince my wife that with new DW you don’t pre-rinse the dishes. No matter how many times I show her it works or talk about the water it saves, she literally can’t do it. It’s almost like a mental block
    I had that conversation with my cousin's husband, who's a civil engineer and particular about process - I was helping with dishes at their house and got a tongue lashing for not pre-rinsing. I explained that wasn't a thing anymore, but pretty sure he just thought I was shirking / didn't know how to do dishes.

Oh fuck no.

Pre
    Rinse

Back in the day we had kitchen aid dishwashers that ate everything. Fucking built in disposal. No rinse. Not even a scrape.
    Meat scraps, veg, whatever.

Today? All that food ends up in the filter basket. Stank nasty.
    And most people don’t even clean it out.

PS. Modern dishwasher works great on China and crystal cycle. Fuck waiting three hours.
    . . .