Page 81 of 267 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 6666
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    74*?!? JHFC. I'd burst into flames and be reduced to a puddle of sweat.
    Seriously. It's winter FFS.

Temps never reached that summer-like level, I got things back under control. It's the same behavior you've all described when entering a cold car and cranking the heater to 11 as if it would make the car warm up faster... but applied to a house.
    As far as walking around naked, I think it would be risky from a "get attacked by the cats" perspective. Ms Boissal would just raise an eyebrow and go back to whatever she's doing...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    she already has a dishwasher
    yeah but she wants an automatic dishwasher

so she can complain about how you loaded it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Temps never reached that summer-like level, I got things back under control. It's the same behavior you've all described when entering a cold car and cranking the heater to 11 as if it would make the car warm up faster... but applied to a house.
    As far as walking around naked, I think it would be risky from a "get attacked by the cats" perspective. Ms Boissal would just raise an eyebrow and go back to whatever she's doing...
    Those Euro types, not giving two cares about nudity.

That crank-the-car-heat-to-max thing is my wife, too. All this despite all cars equipped with auto temp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    That crank-the-car-heat-to-max thing is my wife, too. All this despite all cars equipped with auto temp.
    My wife LOVES the dual zone control. The vents are 4 ft apart.
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    “Do you actually want it to be 84 degrees in here? I don’t think you do.”

“YES I FUCKING DO.”
    focus.

Wives are cold and cranky getting into a car, you all might learn to leave them the fuck alone. And yes, they do want to broil for a bit before they acclimatize and turn it down. Relax.

My wife has finally learned to dress like an Eskimo on road trips. Heated seats help too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Maybe my car isn't as fancy as yours, but if I set the temp dial to the highest/hottest setting, it puts out warmer air than if I leave it in the middle. And big surprise, that warmer air helps the cabin warm up faster. But what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Maybe my car isn't as fancy as yours, but if I set the temp dial to the highest/hottest setting, it puts out warmer air than if I leave it in the middle. And big surprise, that warmer air helps the cabin warm up faster. But what do I know.
    Do tell us about this magical vehicle that can generate heat with a cold engine. We're talking the first few minutes of driving here, not an hour into the trip.

Heated seats seem to improve the level of anger about cold temps a bit. I'm now trained to always turn off the seat warmer when I get in a car after Ms Boissal. The thing is on 10 months out of the year and I'm not a fan of getting my ass broiled in June...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Do tell us about this magical vehicle that can generate heat with a cold engine. We're talking the first few minutes of driving here, not an hour into the trip.

Heated seats seem to improve the level of anger about cold temps a bit. I'm now trained to always turn off the seat warmer when I get in a car after Ms Boissal. The thing is on 10 months out of the year and I'm not a fan of getting my ass broiled in June...
    Don't hybrids have a heat strip type setup that generates heat electrically, not just based on engine coolant getting hot?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Same. And I check the t-stat, which is usually maxed out to 80 degreeds.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Don't hybrids have a heat strip type setup that generates heat electrically, not just based on engine coolant getting hot?
    They do. A buddy had a Fiat 500e for a hot minute and that thing heated up faster than any car I've ridden in.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Wives are cold and cranky getting into a car, you all might learn to leave them the fuck alone. And yes, they do want to broil for a bit before they acclimatize and turn it down. Relax.
    What did women do in the days of covered wagons and carriages? It seems like the modern ones have gone soft.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    What did women do in the days of covered wagons and carriages? It seems like the modern ones have gone soft.
    They died during childbirth and stayed out of our hair

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They had blankets and stayed warm from the horse farts.

I think I have already posted in this thread about not listening to my wife complain about being cold cuz she always complains about cold.
    But the heater actualy WAS malfunctioning which was not discovered until the beginning of a 3000km winter trip much of which was at -30 C

Heated vest... aka the "Titty Toaster".

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I think I have already posted in this thread about not listening to my wife complain about being cold cuz she always complains about cold.
    But the heater actualy WAS malfunctioning which was not discovered until the beginning of a 3000km winter trip much of which was at -30 C
    I hope you were properly condescending about the whole thing.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    They stayed in the kitchen where the oven kept them warm?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Gold. I can imagine doing the same thing - I'm not sure my marriage would have survived it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I hope you were properly condescending about the whole thing.
    It was xmas so nothing was open, i did most of the -30 wearing cowboy boots, there was a mini weather system in the suby, the top 6 inches of the inside of the car were either fog or freezing on the inside of the windows

I don't know if one can really be properly condesending when their teeth are chattering and the toes are painfully frozen

you have probably heard me say I give thanks probably once a week that my wife kicked me out and I have gone out with a sucession of smarter women

Ha! You poor fuckers are in for a treat when, post-menopause, they do a 180 and everything's TOOO FUCKING HOT.

2 Gf with menopause so far,

its like ground hog day

Ground hag day?