Page 115 of 265 FirstFirst ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 6620
    Quote Originally Posted by acostiga View Post
    my wife will do the laundry, fold the clothes, but refuses to put them away. just how she rolls. so normally i do the dishes, handle kitchen stuff... division of labor and so forth. do you think she'd find it strange if i stacked all of the silverware/etc on the kitchen counter instead of putting everything away? why does she do that with the laundry?
    Are you married to my significant other?

I have a system.
    You only think you do.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Attachment 373578

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Are you sure that box is recyclable?

It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It isn't.
    It is around here

Does anything actually get recycled, or does it all wind up at the dump?

Attachment 373578

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=337913

So much easily avoided waste there.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    It depends on what it is and where you are of course. Most plastic is ultimately trashed. I have been wondering if "recycling" plastic is more wasteful than throwing it out due to the extra sorting and handling required for it to still ultimately end up in the landfill. Aluminum and glass most always recycled. Paper products are somewhere in between. At least that is my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=337913

So much easily avoided waste there.
    Yes. I hate it. She drinks a case every 2 days and because they are cans she thinks it’s no big deal yet she laments climate change daily....... it’s funny how humans (woman) bitch and moan about stuff and even when they are part of the problem they find a way to justify what they do so they aren’t inconvenienced by making a tiny life adjustment.

That battle has been fought and I lost. At least she doesn’t use Keurig pods I guess.

Funny, I am actually buying her a soda stream or the Target branded one today for Mother’s Day after I pick up my daughter from school. We’ll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    It depends on what it is and where you are of course. Most plastic is ultimately trashed. I have been wondering if "recycling" plastic is more wasteful than throwing it out due to the extra sorting and handling required for it to still ultimately end up in the landfill. Aluminum and glass most always recycled. Paper products are somewhere in between. At least that is my understanding.
    Glass depends a lot on local market conditions (ie whether or not there are local users who can use it to do something profitable), but it's also probably not a really big deal if it ends up in a landfill (unless you've promised otherwise:
    https://vtdigger.org/2019/05/29/glas...ng-market/amp/ )

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by knumbskull View Post
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ight=recycling
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Nice, hat tip for retrieving that link. Seems like we've managed to cover everything worth discussing here, just need a better indexing system.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    it's complicated... separation is community/county/state/country dependent.

10% of collected then seperated plastics are reusable. Thailand; Cambodia; mostly India receive the world's plastic waste (US inclusive).
    Have little to no regulation enforcement and have passed the tipping point

Every other tangible seperated material has a working revenue stream to recycling.

here are the answers at our doorstep

Waterborne plastics
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideo...nergy%20source.

Land stored plastics
    https://materialdistrict.com/article...led-plastic-6/

the mothership is so fucked without regarding carbon

back to what's important

unplug the dishwasher... makes fer ideal storage - add cabinet space
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Why "waterborne"? The bacterium and associated organisms were iscovered in a landfill.

Perhaps Ideonella Sakaiensis proves God exists. A bacterium that con only eat plastic was apparently just hanging around waiting for us to discover it and start throwing it away. Who could have put it there?

The other day I came into the laundry room to find my lovely wife cleaning the inner window in the door of our washing machine with windex. You know, the thing that gets WASHED every time we use it?? Was she planning on someone needing to be able to see out of it clearly? I guess if all my complaints about her are related to too much cleaning I should probably just STFU. But seriously.....

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    The other day I came into the laundry room to find my lovely wife cleaning the inner window in the door of our washing machine with windex. You know, the thing that gets WASHED every time we use it?? Was she planning on someone needing to be able to see out of it clearly? I guess if all my complaints about her are related to too much cleaning I should probably just STFU. But seriously.....

Front loader?

To help keep it from stinking maybe? I always dry the window and surrounding area, keep the soap dispenser tray open a little, keep the door cracked open, run extra rinse, and throw a splash of vinegar in the basin to prevent the stink.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Why "waterborne"? The bacterium and associated organisms were iscovered in a landfill.

Perhaps Ideonella Sakaiensis proves God exists. A bacterium that con only eat plastic was apparently just hanging around waiting for us to discover it and start throwing it away. Who could have put it there?

yeah, sorry, that was me. I was supposed to throw that shit away, but I forgot. God is seriously pissed at me right now.....

Front loader?

To help keep it from stinking maybe? I always dry the window and surrounding area, keep the soap dispenser tray open a little, keep the door cracked open, run extra rinse, and throw a splash of vinegar in the basin to prevent the stink.

I didn’t know front loaders were so water inefficient

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Why "waterborne"?
    meh... i knew I shouldn't have stayed at the motel 6
    ​I am not in your hurry

... it’s funny how humans (woman) bitch and moan about stuff and even when they are part of the problem they find a way to justify what they do so they aren’t inconvenienced by making a tiny life adjustment.
    My wife decided that Ziploc bags are an environmental disaster, so she bought some reusable silicone bags to use instead. She then threw away several boxes of unused Ziplocs, which went... yep, into the landfill. I pointed out that we could have at least USED the bags before tossing them; I got the "you better go outside and leave me alone" look, so I complied. sigh.

this is one of the dumbest things I have heard in this thread. why the fudge would you throw them away?
    skid luxury

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

of course almost all the stuff listed here my husband has done a variation of so I wish I had a JHC my husband thread. although I know you would all defend his actions.
    buncha jerks
    skid luxury

bwahahahaha!^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    of course almost all the stuff listed here my husband has done a variation of so I wish I had a JHC my husband thread. although I know you would all defend his actions.
    buncha jerks
    I think this thread right here would be a perfect venue for those posts. Hit us with your best shot!

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    buncha jerks
    Leave him alone! He’s doing his best!