Page 136 of 163 FirstFirst ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4067
  1. #3376
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    14,938
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Wife spelled 'brakes' as 'breaks' in a text message. WTF.
    I've seen "pedal" spelled as "peddle" in Sprockets multiple times, by dudes.

  2. #3377
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I've seen "pedal" spelled as "peddle" in Sprockets multiple times, by dudes.
    what if Altachick sent you a text saying she was going peddling this afternoon?

  3. #3378
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    14,938
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    what if Altachick sent you a text saying she was going peddling this afternoon?
    Our thermostat crapped out on Monday while I was at work and wasn't going to be home for hours. She acquired the correct replacement unit and successfully installed it by herself before I got home. I'm perfectly happy ignoring improper use of homophones.

  4. #3379
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC burbs
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Our thermostat crapped out on Monday while I was at work and wasn't going to be home for hours. She acquired the correct replacement unit and successfully installed it by herself before I got home. I'm perfectly happy ignoring improper use of homophones.
    I came home last week to find some new fancy electronic lock installed with keypad and fingerprint reader. Moved to the back patio were bluetooth speakers magically appeared in the ceiling complete with mini-receiver/amplifier and properly concealed wiring.
    All that stuff was done impeccably well without any input, $$, or help from me.

    I HAD to find something to complain about so I got annoyed at the fingerprint reader (always have trashed skin from climbing) and I grumbled that the waterproof box housing the receiver was a bit too close to the dryer vent for my taste (completely arbitrary). Then I remembered that Ms Boissal was about 100 miles behind on taking her truck in for maintenance and she hasn't dealt with her slowly leaking tire. Which I've had to pump TWICE so far. That compressor doesn't take itself out of the garage on its own!
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

  5. #3380
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Our thermostat crapped out on Monday while I was at work and wasn't going to be home for hours. She acquired the correct replacement unit and successfully installed it by herself before I got home. I'm perfectly happy ignoring improper use of homophones.
    Wife has replaced thermostats too, replaces wall mounted lights, maintains her car, buys her own cars and bikes with no input, does all plumbing and irrigation work and more.

    I'm filing for divorce tomorrow though.

  6. #3381
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,237
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Wife has replaced thermostats too, replaces wall mounted lights, maintains her car, buys her own cars and bikes with no input, does all plumbing and irrigation work and more.

    I'm filing for divorce tomorrow though.
    Smart man.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #3382
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I came home last week to find some new fancy electronic lock installed with keypad and fingerprint reader. Moved to the back patio were bluetooth speakers magically appeared in the ceiling complete with mini-receiver/amplifier and properly concealed wiring.
    All that stuff was done impeccably well without any input, $$, or help from me.

    I HAD to find something to complain about so I got annoyed at the fingerprint reader (always have trashed skin from climbing) and I grumbled that the waterproof box housing the receiver was a bit too close to the dryer vent for my taste (completely arbitrary). Then I remembered that Ms Boissal was about 100 miles behind on taking her truck in for maintenance and she hasn't dealt with her slowly leaking tire. Which I've had to pump TWICE so far. That compressor doesn't take itself out of the garage on its own!
    RUN!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #3383
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,508
    Can we say “homophone” anymore?
    “I’m a subhuman jizz monkey”

    Thx mods. It’s an awesome signature.

  9. #3384
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    25,474
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Wife spelled 'brakes' as 'breaks' in a text message. WTF.
    auto spell ?

    She should have checked tho
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  10. #3385
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    auto spell ?

    She should have checked tho
    I had to ask, it was killing me. so I brought it up tonight. It was an autocorrect mistake, our marriage is saved. And she mentioned she should have checked too.

    And for you PC people, the text was about a dump truck who lost its brakes going down Empire and crashed near the roundabout at the bus station. It plowed into 2 cars and hit the retaining wall on the other side. Everyone went to the hospital in stable condition. She was nearby and heard an loud impact and then the power went out. Scary shit. Driver was laying on the horn for a long time before the crash..

  11. #3386
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,812
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Wife spelled 'brakes' as 'breaks' in a text message. WTF.
    Your wife and half the people on this phorem.

  12. #3387
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the climate suits my clothes.
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    ...She was nearby and heard an loud impact and then the power went out. Scary shit. Driver was laying on the horn for a long time before the crash..
    Either bad grammar or typos seem to run in your family, lol

    Review/Edit is your friend

  13. #3388
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Either bad grammar or typos seem to run in your family, lol

    Review/Edit is your friend
    I’m a trophy husband, I don’t need to review/edit anything in my household.

  14. #3389
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    15,863
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Either bad grammar or typos seem to run in your family, lol

    Review/Edit is your friend
    Poor grammar, moran.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  15. #3390
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    14,784
    what a maroon
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

  16. #3391
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    14,508
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    what a maroon
    Doubtful. If he went to university of chicago, he should be able to spell.
    “I’m a subhuman jizz monkey”

    Thx mods. It’s an awesome signature.

  17. #3392
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    3,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Can we say “homophone” anymore?
    My iphone is deeply offended.
    "Can't you see..."

  18. #3393
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,473
    My wife wrote "Motercycle" on the box containing my motorcycle gear. I thought it was cute.

  19. #3394
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    closer
    Posts
    3,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    My wife wrote "Motercycle" on the box containing my motorcycle gear. I thought it was cute.
    Awww. Do you also pat her on the head?
    My wife has all kinds of ways to write yogurt ( but the German word is more complicated so that's not totally outrageous) on our groceries list.

    Except the right one.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 07-29-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

  20. #3395
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    My wife wrote "Motercycle" on the box containing my motorcycle gear. I thought it was cute.
    Totally unrelated story. I had my motorcycle gear in a box labeled motorcycle. My dad was helping me move and when he picked up said box he asked if I had the whole motorcycle in there. It was funny. RIP dad.

  21. #3396
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Wife has replaced thermostats too, replaces wall mounted lights, maintains her car, buys her own cars and bikes with no input, does all plumbing and irrigation work and more.

    I'm filing for divorce tomorrow though.
    You finally figured out she's a dood.

  22. #3397
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    9,329

    I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

    I guess I could end the thread with that one.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  23. #3398
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,237
    Working from home I get to overhear the wifey complain about her computer issues.

    She leaves her work computer on 100% of the time. We go on vacation for a week, computer stays on.

    I suggest “maybe try restarting it at least once a week” - not that I know dick about computers but I do this regularly and have zero issues.

    She gets defensive of course.

    The whole “just listen to my problems and try to empathize instead of trying to fix problems” part of marriage is tough.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  24. #3399
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,338
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Working from home I get to overhear the wifey complain about her computer issues.

    She leaves her work computer on 100% of the time. We go on vacation for a week, computer stays on.

    I suggest “maybe try restarting it at least once a week” - not that I know dick about computers but I do this regularly and have zero issues.

    She gets defensive of course.

    The whole “just listen to my problems and try to empathize instead of trying to fix problems” part of marriage is tough.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well if you have windows, ya, reboot often. I try to go as long as possible on my Linux work laptop. A long uptime is a point of pride. Of course frequent patch releases puts a dent in that. Seems like every other week they roll out a patched kernel.

  25. #3400
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,186
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    A long uptime is a point of pride.
    Why? Is this some level of computer nerdery I haven’t descended to yet?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •