Page 93 of 265 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 6620
    Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Maybe she started to whip it, but said fuck it after the first pass.
    Probably buys in bulk and stores it in the freezer, like my wife, and then pulls it out too late and tries to cut off slabs of frozen butter to use in the dinner prep.
    Ha ha nope, I asked her when she got home wtf was that. Something about pre portioning slices for toast. She thinks this is less work somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    My wife doesn't always refill the coffee canister when it's empty, but when she does, she leaves the measuring spoon at the bottom.
    Oh man that's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Something about pre portioning slices for toast...
    Whoa. All righty then.

edit: although, on the bright side, it will soften up faster like that. Maybe that's the genius in the madness.

Ha ha nope, I asked her when she got home wtf was that. Something about pre portioning slices for toast. She thinks this is less work somehow.

Oh man that's a good one.
    Get her one of those fancy Japanese butter knives that gives you ribbons or something. It's a whole thing.

Without missing a beat I would have said thank you (state your term of endearment ) for taking care of this time saving endevor
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I would have stood there with my mouth hanging open for a while before I came up with anything at all.

it doenst matter if she is right

the question to ask yourself is do you want to be right or happy ?

well do ya, punk /

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Get her one of those fancy Japanese butter knives that gives you ribbons or something. It's a whole thing.
    I fucking did. Fuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210212_011831.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	905.7 KB 
ID:	362514

You buy them books and you buy them books and all they do is eat the pages.

I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

My wife won’t leave butter out at room temp. Where it belongs.

But my mom has a butter crock.
    The lid holds the butter. When you put the lid back, the lid sits in water to prevent rancid.

Ironically. As a child. The butter dish was out 24/7 and never got rancid.
    Hmmmm
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

The lid holds the butter. When you put the lid back, the lid sits in water to prevent rancid.

Hmmmm
    It's called a butter bell and they are the fucking bomb.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Hmmmm
    I mean... SOME day the butter might go rancid. But it is so much longer than the butter should actually *last* that it should not even be a concern.

Great... now I'm hungry for some fresh sourdough with butter.

We started leaving the butter in the pantry several years ago. Spreadability=solved. Just doesn't work when the house warms up in the summer - it turns out butter keeps great at 68 degrees, but turns disconcertingly fast at 75 or so.

And Thalela, that has to be one of the funniest things on this thread. Maybe this is how our wives express dominance.

My wife doesn't always use butter from the crock for breakfast, but when she does she leaves the lid on the counter greasy side down.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    We started leaving the butter in the pantry several years ago. Spreadability=solved. Just doesn't work when the house warms up in the summer - it turns out butter keeps great at 68 degrees, but turns disconcertingly fast at 75 or so.
    Growing up there were 3 things that lived outside of the fridge at all times: butter, cheeses, eggs. My dad would have shat a brick if he'd found one of his precious cheeses in the cold. The temps at my parents' house never go far from 60 though so it's not as problematic as an uninsulated home in the middle of the UT summer.

Now that we have chickens our eggs live on the counter. Still working on the cheeses with Ms Boissal and I gave up on the butter which, more often than not, can be found in the freezer because fuck you if you like your toast intact!

My wife doesn't always use butter from the crock for breakfast, but when she does she leaves the lid on the counter greasy side down.
    Mandatory move. Not sure if it's more annoying than the butter liquefying in the microwave. Rock hard after 17 seconds, puddle of fat after 19 seconds.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I fucking did. Fuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210212_011831.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	905.7 KB 
ID:	362514
    Literal LOL...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

My wife doesn't always refill the coffee canister when it's empty, but when she does, she leaves the measuring spoon at the bottom.
    I've done that with a 40# bag of dogfood--poured it into the cannister with the measuring cup on the bottom.

She has free memberships at two gyms she's employed by, and we have a well-appointed home gym in the basement, but she's now also paying for a membership at a Planet Fitness that recently opened near our house. It's $10 per month so, whatever, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've done that with a 40# bag of dogfood--poured it into the cannister with the measuring cup on the bottom.
    I’ve done this. I bought a new measuring scoop. Figured I wouldn’t mind having two in a few weeks.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    She has free memberships at two gyms she's employed by, and we have a well-appointed home gym in the basement, but she's now also paying for a membership at a Planet Fitness that recently opened near our house. It's $10 per month so, whatever, I guess.
    Obviously there's a trainer at Planet Fitness she's sweet on.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Obviously there's a trainer at Planet Fitness she's sweet on.
    That would the simplest, least nefarious possibility. More likely that gym is where her female group has decided to go, to commiserate and plot revenge in their version of this thread.

and talk about whats wrong with men today

Wtf?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Ballsy callout, though, right? Where is that popcorn?

Maybe she does not want to do workouts at the gyms she is employed at? Chance to get away from work. If she uses the Planet Fitness membership then I'd say no big deal. Just watch for the annual fee (which still is pretty reasonable at $39 or something like that. And of course they also have the Black Card membership which is $19.95 or something like that per month as their premium to get the tanning booths and some other benefits.