Page 160 of 265 FirstFirst ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 6620
    My wife bought a Black Lives Matter drink coaster. Way to show your support for the cause, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by GKWood View Post
    Semi-serious question: how do you all balance the ski obsession and stoke with a wife who's not into it quite as much? Sure, the obvious answer is find a radder wife but the premise of this thread is "I love my wife ...". I'm guessing not everyone here married another ski bum, or am I the only sucker?!
    Look at the bright side. She doesn’t get pissed when you ski without her.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Semi-serious question: how do you all balance the ski obsession and stoke with a wife who's not into it quite as much? Sure, the obvious answer is find a radder wife but the premise of this thread is "I love my wife ...". I'm guessing not everyone here married another ski bum, or am I the only sucker?!
    Nah man, having your game of golf is essential to a happy marriage. It's all about balance. I love the annual yurt trip I go on with my wife, as well as our ~10 days skiing together. I carry around a thermos of hot cocoa, eat brunch in the lodge, make sure she has a blast, etc. I'm actually glad she's not a regular ski partner; it puts a healthy amount of individual space in our relationship.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

My husband and I have ton in common. But we also like our own time so just make sure you give her adequate time for her things (whether you think her endeavors are cool or not) and she should give you time for yours ( whether she thinks your endeavors or cool or not)
    marrying a non skier is tougher but also making the ski day part of the fun for her seems like how a lot of my friends make it work. Meeting for apres etc. don’t be too late.
    skid luxury

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Right there with you
    Luckily she’s been happy to have us out of the house on the reg in season

It does make it tougher to convince her that any extra household cash goes towards epic ski vacations…so, not so many of those unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Nah man, having your game of golf is essential to a happy marriage. It's all about balance. I love the annual yurt trip I go on with my wife, as well as our ~10 days skiing together. I carry around a thermos of hot cocoa, eat brunch in the lodge, make sure she has a blast, etc. I'm actually glad she's not a regular ski partner; it puts a healthy amount of individual space in our relationship.

Ha seems like we have a pretty similar working relationship. Keeping her warm is definitely rule number one for us to have a pleasant day out. I'm always amazed how easily she gets cold compared to me. She just splurged on heated socks; will be interesting to see how those pan out. I'm gonna add the thermos to the packing list. ~10 days is about what she ends up with on a good year, while I usually get out 30-40 days.; haven't gotten her in a yurt yet but that seems fun and within the realm of possibilities.

I like the idea of balance and giving each other individual space, which we definitely have/do. But every now and then I can't help wishing she'd share the same deep-rooted passion as I do. Can't have it all! Maybe I should blame badass couples like Cody Townsend and Elyse Saugstad for setting an unrealistic standard ;-)

I agree on having a good balance between doing things together and having independent activities.

We were both into the outdoors before meeting (that's how we met each other), so being together has meant more time spent on the mountains. But if one of us wants to go skiing, for example, and the other one is busy, it's OK to go on our own.

She did hint early in the relationship at me joining her for more of her other activities, but I do believe that it's healthier to also have some things that are our own, so that we don't end up doing every single thing together.

I'm with a non skier... she is so pro ski for me. She sees that it makes me healthier, more communicative, and generally more motivated

So, I always make time for things she likes to do.

We shopped for Ball Gags this week
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    I'm with a non skier... she is so pro ski for me. She sees that it makes me healthier, more communicative, and generally more motivated

ring gags are much more useful

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    ring gags are much more useful

Trying to find ways to not disturb the neighbors as much..

Ring Gag with a plug!

We haven't committed yet, so your suggestion will come into consideration
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post

Well, used properly, it can protect your teeth next time you huck to flat.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    dual purposing sexy time toys... itza maggot thing
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    alternatively

I'm in my 4th documented set of teeth

This final configuration all anchored with implants

Maybe you should have thought of this sooner

user name checks out
    ​I am not in your hurry

Ha seems like we have a pretty similar working relationship. Keeping her warm is definitely rule number one for us to have a pleasant day out. I'm always amazed how easily she gets cold compared to me. She just splurged on heated socks; will be interesting to see how those pan out. I'm gonna add the thermos to the packing list. ~10 days is about what she ends up with on a good year, while I usually get out 30-40 days.; haven't gotten her in a yurt yet but that seems fun and within the realm of possibilities.

I like the idea of balance and giving each other individual space, which we definitely have/do. But every now and then I can't help wishing she'd share the same deep-rooted passion as I do. Can't have it all! Maybe I should blame badass couples like Cody Townsend and Elyse Saugstad for setting an unrealistic standard ;-)
    My wife enjoys skiing in the right conditions. When it warm and sunny we go take laps together, eat lunch on the deck, early apres cocktails. It’s fun. When it’s dumping she knows she’s not going to have a good time and stays home or at the cabin and reads by the fire while I go ski pow.

I don’t try and teach her anything, push her beyond what she wants to do, or anything like that. I just buy her warm clothes and comfortable boots for Christmas and we are happy.

Same thing goes for riding bikes.

On the flip side she doesn’t invite me out to the 6 am waterskiing sessions and I’m 110% ok with that.

Double whammy yesterday.
    My wife loves, like her passion in life, throwing things away. Perfectly good things too. Drives me nuts, drives the kids nuts. I literally look through the trash before throwing it away to make sure none of my shit is in there.
    Her other passion- filling the entire recycle bin with one empty box.

So, yesterday I find an empty box taking up 90% of the space in the recycle bin. As I pick up the box, something rattles inside it.
    Sure enough, the $100 Cutco pairing knife she used to open the box was still in there.
    Her defense- "I didn't do it on purpose."
    HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    . I just buy her warm clothes and comfortable boots for Christmas and we are happy.
    +1.

Stumped for any gift-giving occasion?
    Literally anything that makes her warmer or comfier FTW.
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Double whammy yesterday.
    My wife loves, like her passion in life, throwing things away. Perfectly good things too. Drives me nuts, drives the kids nuts. I literally look through the trash before throwing it away to make sure none of my shit is in there.
    Her other passion- filling the entire recycle bin with one empty box.

So, yesterday I find an empty box taking up 90% of the space in the recycle bin. As I pick up the box, something rattles inside it.
    Sure enough, the $100 Cutco pairing knife she used to open the box was still in there.
    Her defense- "I didn't do it on purpose."
    HELP!!!
    Trade you. My wife won't throw out anything--dead batteries and light bulbs go right back in with the good ones.
    BTW how the hell do you spend $100 on a paring knife?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Good steel, handle material, and finish is expensive. You make the investment once and if you know how to use whetstones it should last years.

https://www.chefknivestogo.com/takamura2.html

My wife knows better than to use the good knives for things like cutting boxes. I keep a pair of my grandmother's carbon-steel tailor scissors sharp enough for around the house, whenever she says she needs something sharper I ask how many 10 blades are floating around her purse.

We got the damn scissors that cut pennies, but she uses the good stuff. I barely use the paring knife anyway, but I won't throw it away.
    I will let her use the good stuff to cut open boxes, cause it will justify the sweet knife sharpening system I am going to buy myself for x-mas.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I looked it up. It is $79. I like Cutco stuff, and it supports the local community back where I went to college. Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    We got the damn scissors that cut pennies, but she uses the good stuff. I barely use the paring knife anyway, but I won't throw it away.
    I will let her use the good stuff to cut open boxes, cause it will justify the sweet knife sharpening system I am going to buy myself for x-mas.
    I bought my wife this for Xmas.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018RSEMU...erz_origin1-20

It’s really for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

It’s really for me.
    TGR Forums
    JHC, you’re a romantic old softie.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

It’s really for me.

Love mine. Be warned that you can easily take off a lot of metal. Get a good edge and keep it using the honing (3rd) slot instead of letting them get all the way dull and having to start at slot 1 again.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    JHC, you’re a romantic old softie.
    I mean, what can I say….

Name:  IMG_3713.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  59.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Love mine. Be warned that you can easily take off a lot of metal. Get a good edge and keep it using the honing (3rd) slot instead of letting them get all the way dull and having to start at slot 1 again.
    I agree. Good quality knives honed frequently shouldn't need sharpening very often. My chef friend brought me her knives to sharpen maybe once a year.

BTW--I reground my western style knives to about 15 degrees and it made a big difference.