Page 169 of 265 FirstFirst ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 6622
    I'm one of those guys that had to organize the dishwasher a certain way. To me it's just obvious how it was designed to hold dishes, bowls etc. Same for a lot of things in the world, but that is my personal cross to bear. I've pointed out the correct method for at least 30 years, she mostly gets it, but I think it's just not a priority in her life (not a priority for me either, just easier to do it right the first time).

So yesterday I made a point to put my dishes in the obviously wrong spots. Poorly spaced, plates in the bowl sector, etc. She started the washer and I unloaded it later, amazingly the dishes had been re-arranged to fit the maximum amount.

She's been playing me for the past 29 years, correct? The test will continue.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I'm one of those guys that had to organize the dishwasher a certain way. To me it's just obvious how it was designed to hold dishes, bowls etc. Same for a lot of things in the world, but that is my personal cross to bear. I've pointed out the correct method for at least 30 years, she mostly gets it, but I think it's just not a priority in her life (not a priority for me either, just easier to do it right the first time).

So yesterday I made a point to put my dishes in the obviously wrong spots. Poorly spaced, plates in the bowl sector, etc. She started the washer and I unloaded it later, amazingly the dishes had been re-arranged to fit the maximum amount.

Ohhhhhh. Oh my. 29 year long con.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    in the compost bin…which coincidentally is stored immediately under the sink and is even sometimes right on the counter
    Under the sink? Fancy! Ours is always on the counter...though now I'm wondering if I'm a filthy animal

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Under the sink? Fancy! Ours is always on the counter...though now I'm wondering if I'm a filthy animal
    Counter!!! Under the sink gets forgotten and nasty. Above the surface gets noticed, if only because of the fruit flies, and then it gets emptied.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ohhhhhh. Oh my. 29 year long con.
    Yeah, this one is gold. Even better that she did it without saying anything.

For awhile my wife and I were dueling over how to put TP rolls into the holder. You know, should it dangle over the top, or off the bottom? I was pretty amused to find we each had different preferences, and were having a bathroom cold war / Crusades. (Note, dangle over the top all the way.) I finally mentioned it to her in a joking way and she was like "what are you talking about? Oh, that's a thing?"

Now it's over the top every time. I mean...doesn't everyone have a preference?

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    RE: Trash in the sink. Yeah, I am lucky my wife does not do this. I did however commute for work on a weekly basis and stayed with a family member for close to a year. (brutal) Anyway, his wife felt that absolutely anything could be thrown into a very full sink. It was absolutely incredible. Yogurt containers, napkins, tea bags in cups, wrappers from the kids school lunch box...I am not sure if she felt they magically disappeared, could not be fucked to do it herself and was good with her husband dealing with it or what...but as I was staying rent free, I always cleaned the entire kitchen and made dinner for the family upon my arrival. Absolutely crazy. I am not going to even touch upon the lack of rinsing things off. Combined with what I just mentioned and a weekend of sitting there, I have nightmares to this day...
    Thankfully my wife isn't a diposal nutter...she actually gets on my case for being to aggro sometimes.

Regarding the garbage in the sink...I attempted to tactfully bring it up with her yesterday, just trying to gain an understanding of why she operates that way. She said it's because she's going to "recycle" what she puts in there but it needs to be rinsed. Oh really? you're gonna recycle the tea bags, plastic packaging for ground beef, the plastic sheath that once encapsulated a string cheese, and of course napkins and paper towels.

My oldest kid wears contacts, the daily kind, so my wife has decided to save all of the little plastic containers that the individual contacts come in...they're like a tiny bathtub for each contact...anyhow, she says she's going to "make something" with them. So we have a fuck ton of these things piling up in the pantry where they're being staged for the eventual creation she comes up with...which will most likely be me getting tired of the collection and throwing them away. I'll update once I learn more.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    > A teapot, is used for making tea.
    >> A *Kettle* is used to boil the water, to make the tea, in the teapot.
    A teapot does not go on stove, or get plugged in.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Black coffee goes in my coffee cup every morning which is rinsed when I get home at the end of the day and placed next to the coffee maker. On Sundays, my coffee cup goes in the dish washer. Y'all can have your tea stuff and terminology and pots and kettles and presses and loose leaf and bags and the little mechanical tweezer bag thing. Still madness.

I'm a simple guy. As long as there is some, I'm pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    My girlfriend must have had some terrible experiences at some point in her life. Running out of TP is something I’ll never have to worry about. She doesn’t hoard it, but every bathroom is regularly and meticulously stocked with at least 3 rolls. I’m not even sure when she does it; it’s magical.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Thankfully my wife isn't a diposal nutter...she actually gets on my case for being to aggro sometimes.

Regarding the garbage in the sink...I attempted to tactfully bring it up with her yesterday, just trying to gain an understanding of why she operates that way. She said it's because she's going to "recycle" what she puts in there but it needs to be rinsed. Oh really? you're gonna recycle the tea bags, plastic packaging for ground beef, the plastic sheath that once encapsulated a string cheese, and of course napkins and paper towels.

My oldest kid wears contacts, the daily kind, so my wife has decided to save all of the little plastic containers that the individual contacts come in...they're like a tiny bathtub for each contact...anyhow, she says she's going to "make something" with them. So we have a fuck ton of these things piling up in the pantry where they're being staged for the eventual creation she comes up with...which will most likely be me getting tired of the collection and throwing them away. I'll update once I learn more.
    She has a plastic complex. It's not terribly uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    This. I have *zero* preference. If the cat fucked with the TP, I'd probably have a "dispense below" preference.

Luckily the cat doesn't fuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    My girlfriend must have had some terrible experiences at some point in her life. Running out of TP is something I’ll never have to worry about. She doesn’t hoard it, but every bathroom is regularly and meticulously stocked with at least 3 rolls. I’m not even sure when she does it; it’s magical.
    Bonus points if you don't even have to lift your butt off the seat to grab a fresh roll. And make sure she puts the loose end on the outside of the roll, we aren't barbarians you know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

Yeah, this one is gold. Even better that she did it without saying anything.

For awhile my wife and I were dueling over how to put TP rolls into the holder. You know, should it dangle over the top, or off the bottom? I was pretty amused to find we each had different preferences, and were having a bathroom cold war / Crusades. (Note, dangle over the top all the way.) I finally mentioned it to her in a joking way and she was like "what are you talking about? Oh, that's a thing?"

It all depends.

So glad I’m not the only one that systematically reloads the dishwasher in order to comply with the manufacturers original layout intentions.🙀🤓 It’s somehow satisfying to realize that extra 10-20% dish capacity by putting stuff in order which opens up just enough space for that random coffee cup or three laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by present tense View Post
    So glad I’m not the only one that systematically reloads the dishwasher in order to comply with the manufacturers original layout intentions.🙀🤓 It’s somehow satisfying to realize that extra 10-20% dish capacity by putting stuff in order which opens up just enough space for that random coffee cup or three laying around.
    Fuck the manufacturer's intentions, it's about finding the most efficient layout that maximizes capacity and still gets everything clean.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post

Yes in all likelihood you've been had.

For the last two years this had been most interesting thread on TGR. Nothing else comes close. The testing aspect will take it to another level.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

It all depends.
    Pretty sure Depends are way more inconvenient than just stocking the TP regardless of the direction it hangs

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Pretty sure Depends are way more inconvenient than just stocking the TP regardless of the direction it hangs
    You ever take a dump in a diaper as an adult? Me neither. Doesn't sound like fun.

“Can you grab that schmutz out of the drain? It’s not going down & my hand doesn’t fit”
    Brilliant!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Fuck the manufacturer's intentions, it's about finding the most efficient layout that maximizes capacity and still gets everything clean.
    Fuck efficient layout. This is about my time. I toss the shit in and hit go. At some point things not getting clean begins to negatively impact time saved by just throwing shit in wherever. I strive for the intersection.

Recruiting others to fix my sloppiness is a time honored tactic, but only effective if it doesn’t get in the way of them making me a sandwich or similar.
    focus.

My wife keeps putting ours under the sink, even though we bought one that looks nice (for a compost bin) and matches the kitchen. It's a real pain in the ass to have to dig it out every time we cook, instead of right next to the knives and cutting boards. There's plenty of counter space for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    Yes in all likelihood you've been had.

For the last two years this had been most interesting thread on TGR. Nothing else comes close. The testing aspect will take it to another level.

you may want to check out the upstate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Fuck efficient layout. This is about my time. I toss the shit in and hit go. At some point things not getting clean begins to negatively impact time saved by just throwing shit in wherever. I strive for the intersection.

Recruiting others to fix my sloppiness is a time honored tactic, but only effective if it doesn’t get in the way of them making me a sandwich or similar.
    jesus h. christ, there’s a lot of fucking truth in that there fuckin’ statement right there….

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    This is almost Slaagmaster level steeze

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I’m way way too OCD for that shit. Something would change, quickly .

You’ll have to get the recessed version… in the counter itself