Page 173 of 265 FirstFirst ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 6622
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    the maytag man did repairs? so this fucker was a liar?

Attachment 400095

lonely my ass....
    Ha! good stuff right there

It was incredible the repairs we would do on machines that were 20+ years old. Those old rigs were so good they were worth repairing at that age, doubt that’s the case now.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    A shallow bowl?!? Lucky man. We have 2 drawers full of such indisposables.

I know, not a word, but it should be.
    Oh, we have shelves full of crap. I just don't understand why we have a dish of it over the sink. Or why she saves used incense. Or broken off pieces of plastic. Or the thing that holds a bag of bread closed. Or why the rusty razor blades aren't in the tool box with the other rusty razor blades.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220108_083102.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	400154

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Oh, we have shelves full of crap. I just don't understand why we have a dish of it over the sink. Or why she saves used incense. Or broken off pieces of plastic. Or the thing that holds a bag of bread closed. Or why the rusty razor blades aren't in the tool box with the other rusty razor blades.

Is your wife a squirrel by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^lol

Here's a new one, at least to me. I'm making breakfast for us this morning and she decides that it's the perfect time to take over the counter and sink to repot an orchid. Pretty random but whatever.

Look over and see this:

Name:	20220108_115918.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	1,019.9 KB 
ID:	400155

Oh, The Cup! We have the same one! Full of useful stuff.

Lets see: foreign currency (8 different), a shell casing, memory cards, keys(no one knows where), needles, a plectra (we don't play guitar), magnet, assorted metal objects of unknown origin, batteries (empty?), a fuse, used matches, a page of a passport and a plastic thing that looks like it could be a key for a security system (don't have one).

Oh, and a 35mm slide of a partial buttock and a room in the background that looks like Slaag's apartment. No idea where that one is from.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Oh, The Cup! We have the same one! Full of useful stuff.

Lets see: foreign currency (8 different), a shell casing, memory cards, keys(no one knows where), needles, a plectra (we don't play guitar), magnet, assorted metal objects of unknown origin, batteries (empty?), a fuse, used matches, a page of a passport and a plastic thing that looks like it could be a key for a security system (don't have one).

Oh, and a 35mm slide of a partial buttock and a room in the background that looks like Slaag's apartment. No idea where that one is from.
    We want to see the slide of course.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    We want to see the slide of course.
    I bet you do.

Its hairy...ish.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

yeah when that shit falls off the shelf & plugs up the drain yer facked eh

The Gardner's daughter leaves a bunch of beauty products on a ledge next to the toilet, something drops in and plugs it up big time, I worked on it for several days, almost called the plumber, i had to buy a 15' drain snake to push it thru, I told them it was something off that ledge falling in the bowl, she conceded that may have happened, something may have fallen off and into the toilet

I was suprised she would take any responsibility, the correct response for a real proffesional wife would be to never admitt anything and in fact get mad at the accuser

she is still young so there is still time but I guaranty she will make some poor bastards life miserable

edit: I had to go in there again for an electrical issue and I noticed all that shit is back on the ledge so I repeated we know what happened last time so this can not happen

otoh she sure is acting more like a proffesional wife
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-08-2022 at 02:15 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah when that shit falls off the shelf & plugs up the drain yer facked eh

The Gardner's daughter leaves a bunch of beauty products on a ledge next to the toilet, something drops in and plugs it up big time, I worked on it for several days, almost called the plumber, i had to buy a 15' drain snake to push it thru, I told them it was something off that ledge falling in the bowl, she conceded that may have happened, something may have fallen off and into the toilet

I was suprised she would take any responsibility, the correct response for a real proffesional wife would be to never admitt anything and in fact get mad at the accuser

she is still young so there is still time but I guaranty she will make some poor bastards life miserable

edit: I had to go in there again for an electrical issue and I noticed all that shit is back on the ledge so I repeated we know what happened last time so this can not happen

otoh she sure is acting more like a proffesional wife
    Maybe you can install those metal spikes they use to keep pigeons off building ledges.

Maybe you can install those metal spikes they use to keep pigeons off building ledges.
    I've thot about it for sure, something at a 45 degree angle

they do something similar to keep skateboarders off park benches

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    This thing appeared today in the sink above the $300 triple grind Insinkerator. Remind me again why I bother....

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    The goddamned disposer will easily take care of a cinder block studded with spoons. There's absolutely no logical reason for a strainer.

Also, OK Boomer.
    we have one of those in our dishwasher sink--it's to catch hardware, spoons and stuff like that.

Because my wife for some reason keeps a little shallow bowl with screws, paper clips, parts of stuff we don't recognize, rubber bands, you name it--on the window sill above the sink.
    Agree a disposer can grind-up all type of abrasive stuff. Especially so if have anything above the entry-level models.

If the reason wife/GF added a strainer is the soft rubber baffle is getting nasty with gunk and decomposed food scraps be aware the baffles are designed to easily pop out, simple friction fit. Just pull out and clean in a utility sink with a brush, water and some disinfectant, use latex gloves if you stick your fingers in to pull it out.

Alternatively, replacements are $10: Amazon.com : insinkerator quiet collar sink baffle
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

just put it ^^ in the dw

I replaced a 30 year old insinkerator last year with the top of the line insinkerator. The removable baffles are a nice touch. The baffles on the old one were not removable. At least they didn't pop out. Maybe there was a way to replace them. But that's a moot point because the baffles weren't the problem. It rusted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    ^lol

Here's a new one, at least to me. I'm making breakfast for us this morning and she decides that it's the perfect time to take over the counter and sink to repot an orchid. Pretty random but whatever.

Look over and see this:

Name:	20220108_115918.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	1,019.9 KB 
ID:	400155
    Psychic brothers? My wife did the exact same thing this morning.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    just put it ^^ in the dw
    ^ That would clean but residential DWs don't have the right combination of temperatures and chemicals to disinfect and sanitize. In some industries doing this would be thought of as just causing the microorganisms to slosh around.

Insinkerator brand, when you get above the entry level models they have a 12 year 'in home' warranty, covers parts and labor and extends to subsequent owners of your home. Very rare to see that kind of warranty very often these days. Keep your receipts!
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

My insinkerator--not the top of the line--has non-removeable baffles (unless the unit is removed). Every disposer I have ever had before that had removeable ones. I picked the model I did because of space constraints and the layout of the existing plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Psychic brothers? My wife did the exact same thing this morning.

Ha ha WTH that's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    ^ That would clean but residential DWs don't have the right combination of temperatures and chemicals to disinfect and sanitize. In some industries doing this would be thought of as just causing the microorganisms to slosh around.

Insinkerator brand, when you get above the entry level models they have a 12 year 'in home' warranty, covers parts and labor and extends to subsequent owners of your home. Very rare to see that kind of warranty very often these days. Keep your receipts!
    Ya, mine was at like 30 years before it crapped out.

My insinkerator--not the top of the line--has non-removeable baffles (unless the unit is removed). Every disposer I have ever had before that had removeable ones. I picked the model I did because of space constraints and the layout of the existing plumbing.
    Had to look that up. The insinkerator models with removable baffles have Evolution in the model name: How to Clean Garbage Disposal 3 Ways - InSinkErator

Interesting, I almost bought the squat model and decided I bad just barely enough space to run the monster. Plus I had already purchased it. Before we went with a different sink...

All you people with sink garbage disposals in your sinks are why the US sewage infrastructure is doomed.

Fuck I don't have an insinkerator or any garbage disposal unit ... I feel so marginalized

You can have mine. It's an Insinkerator that was in the place 45 years ago when my parents bought it. It still works but when i renovated my kitchen I decided to get rid of it.

I have an insinkerator but rarely use it.

My grandma accumulated a ton of stuff, and of course all of it was either valuable or would be definitely used at some point. Every time my parents/aunts/uncles would visit they would each take a few obviously long-unused items home and dispose of them. Saved a ton of time later when she finally had to move out of that house.

My mother's 3 BR condo filled five full sized dumpsters, in addition to the stuff that was sold.