Page 75 of 265 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 6620
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Personally I deal with putting clothes in the drawer the same way I deal with putting a sleeping bag in the sack.
    This man is a wise old pro.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    BOOTSTRAPS!!
    We don’t need to have the white privilege discussion here, but wife and both worked 500 to 800 hours of OT first 8 to 12 years after college (she is 5 years younger and changed industries before me). Any who...biggest part of it was lucking into a booming housing market in Denver and timing it just right. Wouldn’t be in same situation if we say lived in Baltimore.

Back on topic....
    Growing up...my sisters always seemed to break my dads cars. No idea if it is was luck or what...but I drove the shit out of his cars...always seeing max speed, etc. Never broke a thing. His 4.6 liter Buick Regal would do almost 145.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Personally I deal with putting clothes in the drawer the same way I deal with putting a sleeping bag in the sack.
    Heh. Same here.

JFC I love my wife.

She just texted me about her dreams of endless powder runs and how it went from steep and a little fearful to WOOHOOOO fun! She said she can’t wait to go skiing.

Gotta say, that ^^^^^would be so awesome to do with my wife. To bad she isn't a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

She literally has a humidifier, and a dehumidifier, in the same fucking room. Both are running. Can someone explain please.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    She literally has a humidifier, and a dehumidifier, in the same fucking room. Both are running. Can someone explain please.
    She's cold. Get her a space heater and see if you can negotiate turning off the humidifier and dehumidifier.

Add some tubing and an aquarium pump and you'll never have to add or remove water from either one!

Or put one above the other if you want to conserve energy and all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    She's cold. Get her a space heater and see if you can negotiate turning off the humidifier and dehumidifier.
    I cannot fathom how you came to that, but it can't be any more crazy than what we got going on here now. So imma give it shot, thanks for the translation. You have clearly walked this path already, brother.

Drugs?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

She likes her humidity fresh. Humidity in, then get it out and bring in the fresh.

Smart.

I cannot fathom how you came to that, but it can't be any more crazy than what we got going on here now. So imma give it shot, thanks for the translation. You have clearly walked this path already, brother.
    Ha! I laughed out loud. I was half-joking, half thinking about what you'd get if you ran those machines in the same room for awhile. No change in humidity and a temperature increase from the motors running is my guess.

No explanation here, but I’m curious if you asked her, and more curious about what she said.

Well, my wife likes to crank the heat to 75, gas fireplace I the bedroom on, and leave the 2 windows in the bathroom open with the fan running and the door open... All day long, or until I hear the furnace kick on and go close the windows. In the summer she likes to leave the windows open. And turn the AC down to 65. She "needs" fresh air she says. No amount of talking about it, and showing her the utility bills had any impact. I finally got her to stop for a while by taking several one dollar bills into the bathroom and lighting them on fire. And she runs a humidifier in the bedroom 24/7.
    Just heard the furnace kick on. Better go check the windows. Ok there. Latest battle is about leaving the door open. So she pulls into the garage, and comes inside, leaves the door open, my office is close to the basement door, so I get cold quickly when she does that. I say, please close the door, and she says, I'm going back out. Meanwhile she goes into the laundry room to switch laundry ( pretty good at laundry) all while the door is open to the outside world. Or bringing in groceries, leaves door wide open, and goes into kitchen and unloads and puts groceries away while the door sits wide open. If I close it, she says don't close it, I'm going back out there. It's been open for minutes. Close the goddamn door. Grr. But I love her.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Well, my wife likes to crank the heat to 75, gas fireplace I the bedroom on, and leave the 2 windows in the bathroom open with the fan running and the door open... All day long, or until I hear the furnace kick on and go close the windows. In the summer she likes to leave the windows open. And turn the AC down to 65. She "needs" fresh air she says. No amount of talking about it, and showing her the utility bills had any impact. I finally got her to stop for a while by taking several one dollar bills into the bathroom and lighting them on fire. And she runs a humidifier in the bedroom 24/7.
    Just heard the furnace kick on. Better go check the windows. Ok there. Latest battle is about leaving the door open. So she pulls into the garage, and comes inside, leaves the door open, my office is close to the basement door, so I get cold quickly when she does that. I say, please close the door, and she says, I'm going back out. Meanwhile she goes into the laundry room to switch laundry ( pretty good at laundry) all while the door is open to the outside world. Or bringing in groceries, leaves door wide open, and goes into kitchen and unloads and puts groceries away while the door sits wide open. If I close it, she says don't close it, I'm going back out there. It's been open for minutes. Close the goddamn door. Grr. But I love her.

sent from Utah.
    I'd fucking LOSE it. You're a saint.

“Why are our winter utilities so high?”

Goes and turns up furnace

She still thinks that opening the windows will always cool off a house, even when its 95 outside and a “hot” 80 inside.

Le sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    “Why are our winter utilities so high?”

Goes and turns up furnace

She still thinks that opening the windows will always cool off a house, even when its 95 outside and a “hot” 80 inside.

Le sigh

You are also a saint...

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post

sent from Utah.
    My wife never closes doors. But never misses reminding me when I leave one open.

I leave one light on? She says "Honey you left the closet light on all day!".
    She leaves hundreds of Christmas lights on Oct-May? "They are for decoration!"
    Yeah, well I was decorating that closet so I could fucking see where shit was!

Spring loaded hinges are yer friend as you limp into the old age
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Kids are home now 24 hours...and the heat is up over 70 degrees/furnace running non stop.....between heat/laundry/showers...

The battle is on......with the women of the house....in their incessant need to drain every last cent out of my wallet....lol.

*I’m sweating typing this post it’s so hot in here....no not the Nelly song....🥴

I think the old "gotta close the windows" mindset is misguided if it's followed too stringently--a lot of people (including me) were raised that way and they can't let it go. There's something to be said for having the windows open while running the heat and/or AC, at least temporarily. You need to get fresh air in the house somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I think the old "gotta close the windows" mindset is misguided if it's followed too stringently--a lot of people (including me) were raised that way and they can't let it go. There's something to be said for having the windows open while running the heat and/or AC, at least temporarily. You need to get fresh air in the house somehow.
    I've posted this before but, my wife will simultaneously open every window in the house, while complaining about how dusty our house is. It is mind bottling. Next thing you know, there's flies buzzing around and she wonders where they came from.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Ironic....my school just mandated us to not open the windows in our classrooms.....(I usually always have all my windows open for the fresh air factor).

Administration says windows have to be shut at all times so our ventilation system works properly....(which I see their point)......but you’d think during a pandemic we should have as many windows open as possible at all times.....especially with 25 kids in a room...

Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I've posted this before but, my wife will simultaneously open every window in the house, while complaining about how dusty our house is. It is mind bottling. Next thing you know, there's flies buzzing around and she wonders where they came from.
    Hopefully not bot flies.