Page 51 of 267 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 6655
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Question: Is anybody else's wife incapable of wringing out the sponge and putting it in the sponge holder when done? Do they all just drop the wet sponge in the sink to ferment in its own lovely smelling dirty dish water? Or is it just my beautiful bride
    Haha.

Yes!

What the hell is going on there? Why are these things universal it seems?

3-4 times a day I have to put the sponge back in the holder so it dries out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sponges and wash cloths too.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Haha.

Yes!

What the hell is going on there? Why are these things universal it seems?

3-4 times a day I have to put the sponge back in the holder so it dries out.
    Same.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The best is when she puts a giant box in the trash can completely filling it and it sticks out the top so nobody can throw anything else away. I then take the box out, break it down and put it in the giant recycling bin.

I’m beginning to think they have trained us and knowingly do this stuff because they know we’ll always fix it.

Fricken diabolical.

I’m beginning to think they have trained us and knowingly do this stuff because they know we’ll always fix it.

I chalk it up to just being totally lazy. I will not share my shower with the girls, as they are filthy animals or I am just really type A
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

My wife definitely isn’t lazy, it’s just some brain wiring probably.

The estrogen receptors in the frontal cortex fire off a web of thoughts and actions that all entangle each other rather than the task/thought compartmentalization which happens in the male brain.

Science.

My bride-to-be has been cutting the last brownie square in the pan in half for the last 4 days in the hopes that i just eat it the last bit and have to wash the pan. its been whittled down to the size of a postage stamp....

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    My bride-to-be has been cutting the last brownie square in the pan in half for the last 4 days in the hopes that i just eat it the last bit and have to wash the pan. its been whittled down to the size of a postage stamp....
    You got this, stay strong.

You got this, stay strong.
    This.

Let the games begin.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    I've been around dogs my whole life, lots of dogs. I'm all "we don't need a new dog" "seriously, I can not stress this enough, we do not need a new dog".... Peace and quiet, is all I want.
    Oh man this hits home. I've had dogs basically my entire life. We've lost 2 this year, we have 2 old ones left, I'm old, I don't want another fucking dog right now. Peace and Quiet. And freedom. Kids are out of the house, I don't have any plants I'm responsible for, I don't want to be responsible for any animals for a while. I just want to be free to take a roadtrip, or stay in town, or storm chase or whatever whenever I feel like it, like today if I wanted to, for a few years before I die.

And she won't let the topic drop. Fuck. I've said no 20 times. And both kids have been here for 2 months for this lockdown and they're on her team. But they're gonna leave soon and the dog would still be here. I'm serious as a heart attack about this shit. I've made myself clear. It's gonna be trouble if she shows up with a dog.

Same boat here. Wife wants a dog. I don't. I know full well that future hole-digging yard wrecker that chews up all my shit will make my life hell. No means no.

We have to stay strong, Iceman.

I'm resolute as a motherfucker my man.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm resolute as a motherfucker my man.
    ..... Wife brings home cats.

ha don't give her any ideas.

nah but I'm reasonably happy like 50.0001 percent of the time anyways, if it gets below 50 it's time for a change and a dog would definitely have a paw on the scale.

The best is when she puts a giant box in the trash can completely filling it and it sticks out the top so nobody can throw anything else away. I then take the box out, break it down and put it in the giant recycling bin.

Fricken diabolical.
    It's a form of passive aggressive - give it a half-assed try, do a shitty job and get fired from that task.

It works for guys too - laundry, making the bed, and cleaning the shower are all jobs I've been fired from.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Question: Is anybody else's wife incapable of wringing out the sponge and putting it in the sponge holder when done? Do they all just drop the wet sponge in the sink to ferment in its own lovely smelling dirty dish water? Or is it just my beautiful bride
    My wife does this all the time. Since she has a nerve issue that impairs her grip strength, I let it pass handle all the sqeezen jobs.

Dog passed in March. No new dogs. I loved her but all of the work fell on me and it’s so nice to be free of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Same boat here. Wife wants a dog. I don't. I know full well that future hole-digging yard wrecker that chews up all my shit will make my life hell. No means no.

We have to stay strong, Iceman.
    Adopt a 5+ year old dog. They don't do that stuff anymore and your giving a home to a creature you will come to love.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

All of these things used to happen in my house. To the fucking letter. I'm dyin'. Why are these behaviors so seemingly universal? Dishwasher loading, TP roll, sponge, big shit in the garbage can, leaving stuff for the next person who uses it. WTFF?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Dog passed in March. No new dogs. I loved her but all of the work fell on me and it’s so nice to be free of it.

Yep, same boat here.

When my wife suggests another dog, I just ask if she ever like to travel.

Man there's a lot of us in this club. We gotta form a support group or some shit.

In about 10 years I'll get a fat lazy yellow lab who sleeps by my chair while I sleep in it with a book on my face. Until then I'm good.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

my wife also loves dogs (how unique)

last year she went as far as saying ‘if i drive to x tomorrow and get a dog will you divorce me?’

i replied ‘probably not’

and have paid for being a smartass since that time, now enjoying 2 dogs in 1 bedroom 50ft in the air

like mr. W Bush, i will not make the same mistake

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    It's a form of passive aggressive - give it a half-assed try, do a shitty job and get fired from that task.

It works for guys too - laundry, making the bed, and cleaning the shower are all jobs I've been fired from.
    There's a funny episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where Ray makes believe he can;t do some chore so Debra will do it. Finally his wife finds out somehow. Classic.

Man there's a lot of us in this club. We gotta form a support group or some shit.
    I thought that's what this thread, and the padded room in general, was.

The dog combined with a wife (and family) is funny. I am in a similar camp in that I am not really inclined to have another hound when our current furkid passes from this plane. Yet when I was single, even with a bit of international and work travel, there wasn't a second thought to having the obligations of a hound.

Oh man this hits home. I've had dogs basically my entire life. We've lost 2 this year, we have 2 old ones left, I'm old, I don't want another fucking dog right now. Peace and Quiet. And freedom. Kids are out of the house, I don't have any plants I'm responsible for, I don't want to be responsible for any animals for a while. I just want to be free to take a roadtrip, or stay in town, or storm chase or whatever whenever I feel like it, like today if I wanted to, for a few years before I die.

And she won't let the topic drop. Fuck. I've said no 20 times. And both kids have been here for 2 months for this lockdown and they're on her team. But they're gonna leave soon and the dog would still be here. I'm serious as a heart attack about this shit. I've made myself clear. It's gonna be trouble if she shows up with a dog.
    I’m fighting this fight as well.

Our guy, a Lab, is 10 and is showing his age.
    Wife wants to get another one now, she has the kids in her corner, those kids will be in college in a few years.

I love dogs and have always had one, but the idea of being able to take off at the drop of a hat once the kids are in school or just sit on the beach until sunset or apres a little extra and not worry about getting back for the dog is so appealing to me.

We are lucky and have places where we can take him with us, but I want to be able to jump on those unplanned spur of the moment excursions.

I wonder what we will name the new guy......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk