Page 106 of 265 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 6620
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I think I can one up you here. Hurray for me.

What about cleaning up, after cleaning up? My s/o somehow makes things messier when she 'cleans'. Ei she'll vacuum the floors, but then leave the vacuum out. All the furniture she moved during the process? Yeah it's still out of place.

Putting away dishes? Ok, lets put some away, but stage others under the cupboard they're meant to go in.

Cleaning her car? Well, we'll just take all this accumulated shit out of the car and dump it in the garage somewhere. Done.

ugh
    Are you living with and banging my wife? WTF?

How about cleaning the house before the cleaning lady comes? I can't imagine an easier job than cleaning our house, 2 OCDish adults and kids that listen most of the time. I asked my wife to just give me the money we spend on the cleaning lady once. That didn't go over well.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    #3rd. Same shit, verbatim.
    That Don't Make No Sense

My wife is getting ready to go camping with her friends and daughter in the desert. She claims she will 100% pack and put away gear on her own. I'll be amazed if I don't have to clean, dry and put away everything after looking at it in a heap for several days.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    My wife is getting ready to go camping with her friends and daughter in the desert. She claims she will 100% pack and put away gear on her own. I'll be amazed if I don't have to clean, dry and put away everything after looking at it in a heap for several days.
    You're definitely going to have to dry the shit... definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I think it might be my ex wife because he nailed the description almost perfectly.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I think I can one up you here. Hurray for me.

What about cleaning up, after cleaning up? My s/o somehow makes things messier when she 'cleans'. Ei she'll vacuum the floors, but then leave the vacuum out. All the furniture she moved during the process? Yeah it's still out of place.

Putting away dishes? Ok, lets put some away, but stage others under the cupboard they're meant to go in.

Cleaning her car? Well, we'll just take all this accumulated shit out of the car and dump it in the garage somewhere. Done.

ugh
    She's giving you a message which you aren't getting.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Pray she never gets into Burning Man.

ugh
    Ha. At least your wife tries to clean her car. My wife leases, doesn’t clean her car once, trades it in after 3 years gross as fuck. Not kidding. I used to clean it for her from time to time but don’t care anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post

No I'm totally in control here I completely ignore the stuff for a couple days then get really despondent and put it away but not when she's there to see it so I win.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Ha. At least your wife tries to clean her car. My wife leases, doesn’t clean her car once, trades it in after 3 years gross as fuck. Not kidding. I used to clean it for her from time to time but don’t care anymore.

She only cleans it when she's seeing her mom. Her mom gave her shit about her messy car once. She listens to her mom. Like big time. She's very disorganized to begin with, and admittedly we're running out of storage space at home, so some of her big bulky art related stuff lives in her car.

True story there's been times where she'll forget to park her car in the driveway, so I'll go out at night to move it. She's small, I'm big, so I would need to move the drivers seat back but it's completely blocked by crap.

It is the ‘forgets to park in the driveway’ part that intrigues me the most...

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    It is the ‘forgets to park in the driveway’ part that intrigues me the most...
    I know, right? One of these days she'll park it on the 401 by mistake. Oops, I thought I was home.

No I'm totally in control here
    Heh.

I read one time about someone who visited an uncontacted tribe in the Amazon. They said what was most striking was that the people never stopped talking--men and women both. From getting up to going to sleep there was constant chatter. I would not like to be a member of that tribe.
    Sounds like having a 4 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Sounds like having a 4 year old.
    Like talking is a bad thing. We’re so fucked up and disconnected in the modern world that we think normal social interaction is bad

She only cleans it when she's seeing her mom. Her mom gave her shit about her messy car once. She listens to her mom. Like big time. She's very disorganized to begin with, and admittedly we're running out of storage space at home, so some of her big bulky art related stuff lives in her car.

What is it about intelligent adult women that makes them do everything exactly how their mom trained them to do it? The particular one that bugs me is that my wife insists on lining the tray that goes in the toaster oven with aluminum foil. Food sticks to it. Aluminum foil isn't free. Grease and stuff gets under the foil and bakes onto the tray. We don't use aluminum foil on any other pots and pans and trays--we wash them. But I can see her mom's training in everything she does. And she didn't particularly like her mom.

mother/ daughter issues
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

What is it about intelligent adult women that makes them do everything exactly how their mom trained them to do it? The particular one that bugs me is that my wife insists on lining the tray that goes in the toaster oven with aluminum foil. Food sticks to it. Aluminum foil isn't free. Grease and stuff gets under the foil and bakes onto the tray. We don't use aluminum foil on any other pots and pans and trays--we wash them. But I can see her mom's training in everything she does. And she didn't particularly like her mom.
    I'm pretty sure you've already lamented about this particular quirk in this very thread. Old Man.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'm pretty sure you've already lamented about this particular quirk in this very thread. Old Man.
    When you’re old, you tend not to remember small things. And when you’re older, you tend not to give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    When you’re old, you tend not to remember small things. And when you’re older, you tend not to give a shit.
    Hmmm... apparently I'm "older."

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    mother/ daughter issues
    My wife normally doesn’t wear much makeup but she will do her face up when she’s seeing her mom.... Her mom’s face is always plastered with product... I’ve asked her about it a few times, she doesn’t comprehend that she does anything different....

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

That's a common thread in my life for the last 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    mother/ daughter issues
    Can we crack into this one a bit because I am struggling. I have two young daughters and yeah, they are little kids so they frustrate the shit out of me sometimes, but at the end of the day I am a mid 40s man and you can only piss me off so much because kids do shit and I'm not about to argue with someone who's never filed taxes. My wife gets into it with these girls like they are same age and all of a sudden I have three girls under 10 years old in the house and no wife. Again, I suppose I can get pretty riled up here and there, but letting a 6 year old push your buttons seems so foreign to me. I grew up with brothers though. You get out of line and you'll spend some time in silence without access to your favorite shit. Neither my Mom or my Dad stuck around for me to have elementary school arguments with them because they had better shit to do than listen to why my gum wasn't as good as the gum my brother got. All the gum would just disappear, problem solved.

I get the "you need to back me up" talk and all I am thinking is that everyone needs to calm the hell down.

I never said she was intelligent. I kid, I kid.

Yeah, she's pretty strong willed otherwise, but her mom really does have some influence on her. Random stuff too. Like she buys these ridiculously expensive skin care products. That's really not her style, but her mom uses them, so.. Same with oddball fashion - if her mom buys it for her she'll wear it and love it, regardless of what it looks like.

She's currently into these weird ass 'kinda like office casual black pants but made out of this trashy looking sweat pant material, complete with racing stripes down the legs' crap that her mom wears. I refuse to leave the house with her when she's got those things on.

... I refuse to leave the house with her when she's got those things on.
    Are you my wife? “Is that what you’re wearing? Go change.”

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Can we crack into this one a bit because I am struggling. I have two young daughters and yeah, they are little kids so they frustrate the shit out of me sometimes, but at the end of the day I am a mid 40s man and you can only piss me off so much because kids do shit and I'm not about to argue with someone who's never filed taxes. My wife gets into it with these girls like they are same age and all of a sudden I have three girls under 10 years old in the house and no wife. Again, I suppose I can get pretty riled up here and there, but letting a 6 year old push your buttons seems so foreign to me. I grew up with brothers though. You get out of line and you'll spend some time in silence without access to your favorite shit. Neither my Mom or my Dad stuck around for me to have elementary school arguments with them because they had better shit to do than listen to why my gum wasn't as good as the gum my brother got. All the gum would just disappear, problem solved.

I get the "you need to back me up" talk and all I am thinking is that everyone needs to calm the hell down.
    When you solve this one, can you let me know how you solved it? Uh, asking for a friend, of course.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy