Page 67 of 265 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 6622
    Having the cabinets resurfaced to do a quick low cost kitchen refresh.

And now we are on to cabinet hardware, I truly do not care to look at hundreds of VERY similar options.

Pick a couple then show me and I’ll tell you if I don’t like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is ok with the Corona Lite patio umbrella that I dragged home. But just ok.

The lady just completed 200 hours refinishing our 40 y o "Cherry" wood bedside tables. Did it all by herself at her request. More of a demand really. $40 for 2 pts of polystain (try putting the lid on overnite hon, thinning won't fix the crust on top), $30 in brushes (soaking won't turn a brick back into a brush) $30 sandpaper (sanding the finish off the top again? 3rd times the charm, eh?) Cost more to refinish than the price when new. The refinished tables look........ ok.

She did woodburn a sweet set drawer knobs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG2306.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	330635
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    No it's not that. It's not a female / male thing here. NO One puts rugs on patios here I have literally never seen it. No neighbours no friends. Must be a cultural 'murica specific thing.
    And seeing undertows experience with it, it makes absolutely no sense.
    I think it is that, until she tells you it has a function. It's often to add color, cushion the deck, let you walk barefoot on hot days, or break up the monotonous deck visually. Or maybe the wife saw it in a mag, thought it looked cool, and wanted one too. I have one outside, I have no idea why the wife bought it, it's a pain to sweep around. But it was $70 and I don't care to bring it up with her.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    She did woodburn a sweet set drawer knobs.
    Your wife has nice knobs.

Outside rugs don’t fly in the PNW.

Gross.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    Having the cabinets resurfaced to do a quick low cost kitchen refresh.

And now we are on to cabinet hardware, I truly do not care to look at hundreds of VERY similar options.

Pick a couple then show me and I’ll tell you if I don’t like them.

You tell her to pick the top 3 she likes and then you will help choose. Knowing all along your opinion means nothing and she’ll pick the one she wants anyway.

It’s about pretending to have an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Your wife has nice knobs.
    Perky 34B's when we met. 36 at our wedding. Still good IMO. Good artist too.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    You tell her to pick the top 3 she likes and then you will help choose. Knowing all along your opinion means nothing and she’ll pick the one she wants anyway.

BINGO

new one. is this a common issue?

Plastic wrap requires that you run it through the top of the box, off the roll, to contact whatever cutting device is on the box. They are designed so that after cutting there's a short section that remains outside the box so it's easily grasped for the next use. I would often pull out the box of wrap to discover it was no longer coming out of the top of the box, but back inside in a mass stuck to the roll, necessitating a project of unsticking it and threading it back through the slit in the top to the cutter in order to use it.

I could never really understand why the concept of the box and cutter's function seemed so difficult to grasp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Wow. I have nothing bizarre to add since we only got the usual things you can do both ways, but each one of us is convinced he or she us right. Maybe that's because she has got a PhD in biochemistry. Science usually helps.

Anyway I came here to ask for the purpose of outdoor rugs. I mean we have a deck/ patio / terrace thing ( whatever the difference may be) and a few friends as well, but no one has ever thought of putting a rug. There. My mind has just stalled with a d.o.e.s n.o.t.c.o.m.p.u.t.e.. . I mean... Why... And how... And.. What?
    We currently have 4, but live in an area where it doesn't typically rain for 6 months straight. We roll them up and put them in the barn when rainy season arrives. They prevent the tile deck from getting hot enough to cook an egg. Would not endorse in a rainy environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I feel your pain brother... Just bought this patio set and of course had to get a round outdoor carpet as the 2 rectangle one we already own did not work... This was the 3rd one purchased (other 2 were taken back) and now had to buy a new F’ing outdoor cooler so it could tie in with the new carpet and umbrella... God only knows the stainless steel one we had was not good enough... The real bitch is we are redoing the patio so we can have a separate seating area for her new Solo fire pit which of course will require new furniture... I told her she is flying solo on that...
    Attachment 330602

Coming back to this pic because it looks great now but what happens when people sit in the chairs and get the back legs caught in the carpet/rug as they adjust themselves around the table?

HGTV is the devil.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I feel your pain brother... Just bought this patio set and of course had to get a round outdoor carpet as the 2 rectangle one we already own did not work... This was the 3rd one purchased (other 2 were taken back) and now had to buy a new F’ing outdoor cooler so it could tie in with the new carpet and umbrella... God only knows the stainless steel one we had was not good enough... The real bitch is we are redoing the patio so we can have a separate seating area for her new Solo fire pit which of course will require new furniture... I told her she is flying solo on that...
    Attachment 330602

Thread drift but this here looks like one magnificent yard! On the topic of patio furniture, my FIL was at the Park City dump last week and he pulled a full 6-seater teak patio set out of the dumpster. He spent about $50 on lumber to replace an armrest on one of the chairs and a board on the table. Sand paper and teak oil took care of the rest. $2500 saved. Fucking Park City. Thank Jeebus Ms Boissal is content with the Target faux-wood/metal set I have which also serves as a storage unit and workbench depending on the season.

Speaking of Ms Boissal, she's been hyping my birthday present for weeks as something absolutely awesome that I really need. I was a bit suspicious as my threshold for need over want is very high. I'm also very hard to shop for as I do endless research before buying anything and gifts rarely work unless they're small entertaining useless things. Last week I bought the Garmin Fenix 5x crazy deal someone posted on gearswap as my GPS is getting old and the opportunity to get a cheap and much better replacement was hard to pass. I showed it to her and she got real mad at me. Turns out she had bought another fancy pants GPS watch for twice the price and less functionality. I told her she could return the $500 one, put the Garmin in a box, and give it to me as a gift, saving $250 in the process. Somehow that made her more mad, apparently I'm an ungrateful asshole who should just take the more expensive and less functional watch and STFU...

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    new one. is this a common issue?

Plastic wrap requires that you run it through the top of the box, off the roll, to contact whatever cutting device is on the box. They are designed so that after cutting there's a short section that remains outside the box so it's easily grasped for the next use. I would often pull out the box of wrap to discover it was no longer coming out of the top of the box, but back inside in a mass stuck to the roll, necessitating a project of unsticking it and threading it back through the slit in the top to the cutter in order to use it.

I could never really understand why the concept of the box and cutter's function seemed so difficult to grasp.
    I solved the Plastic Wrap issue.
    Ever since we met, she had a five pound roll from a commercial kitchen.
    What a pain in the ass.

But I put it in the second drawer down, next to the edge of the drawer, so now you pull what you need, and it clings to the side of the drawer while you slide the slicer.
    No more five pound plastic wrap curls.

That and the pull out kitchen trash drawer are the two best things in the new kitchen.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Thread drift but this here looks like one magnificent yard! On the topic of patio furniture, my FIL was at the Park City dump last week and he pulled a full 6-seater teak patio set out of the dumpster. He spent about $50 on lumber to replace an armrest on one of the chairs and a board on the table. Sand paper and teak oil took care of the rest. $2500 saved. Fucking Park City. Thank Jeebus Ms Boissal is content with the Target faux-wood/metal set I have which also serves as a storage unit and workbench depending on the season.

Speaking of Ms Boissal, she's been hyping my birthday present for weeks as something absolutely awesome that I really need. I was a bit suspicious as my threshold for need over want is very high. I'm also very hard to shop for as I do endless research before buying anything and gifts rarely work unless they're small entertaining useless things. Last week I bought the Garmin Fenix 5x crazy deal someone posted on gearswap as my GPS is getting old and the opportunity to get a cheap and much better replacement was hard to pass. I showed it to her and she got real mad at me. Turns out she had bought another fancy pants GPS watch for twice the price and less functionality. I told her she could return the $500 one, put the Garmin in a box, and give it to me as a gift, saving $250 in the process. Somehow that made her more mad, apparently I'm an ungrateful asshole who should just take the more expensive and less functional watch and STFU...
    Dude! Even I, as a totally sympathizing hetero male reading this thread, understand why she's mad.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Ya, my wife has never forgiven me for being impossible to buy things for. However, I have never had the gall to go and unknowingly buy something she was about to get for me. You're on your own there.

I now hand my wife things to wrap and put under the tree for me at co-opted pagan winter holiday time.

Dude! Even I, as a totally sympathizing hetero male reading this thread, understand why she's mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Ya, my wife has never forgiven me for being impossible to buy things for. However, I have never had the gall to go and unknowingly buy something she was about to get for me. You're on your own there.
    Both of you are right, I should have have guessed what the gift was. Or I should have accepted it and refrained from cringing forever knowing that she basically set $250 on fire... My punishment is apparently to drive halfway to Bozeman to pick up a used Yeti Beti cause that's the bike she needs right now. Probably pay for it too...

My punishment is apparently to drive halfway to Bozeman ...
    Is this code for Idaho Falls?

well fucking played.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I solved the Plastic Wrap issue.
    Ever since we met, she had a five pound roll from a commercial kitchen.
    What a pain in the ass.

But I put it in the second drawer down, next to the edge of the drawer, so now you pull what you need, and it clings to the side of the drawer while you slide the slicer.
    No more five pound plastic wrap curls.

That and the pull out kitchen trash drawer are the two best things in the new kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Both of you are right, I should have have guessed what the gift was. Or I should have accepted it and refrained from cringing forever knowing that she basically set $250 on fire... My punishment is apparently to drive halfway to Bozeman to pick up a used Yeti Beti cause that's the bike she needs right now. Probably pay for it too...
    My wife and yours have much in common. Including choice of bikes, oddly enough.

Anyone else have a wife with zero fucks given towards sunglass care?

She will never ever use the case, just tosses it after she buys them. Then just throws them in the drawer, car, wherever lens down.

Then complains her sunglasses are terrible. I put a $40 limit on sunglasses for her. I have sunglasses from 10years before I even met her, travelled the world, still in almost new condition just by keeping them in the case.

<snip> I put a $40 limit on sunglasses for her.
    $40?!? Just get a pile of $4.99 sunglasses from the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    $40?!? Just get a pile of $4.99 sunglasses from the grocery store.
    Oh, I have tons of those strategically placed in the cars, patio, camping gear, etc. the free swag ones are the best.

They suck but work in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I now hand my wife things to wrap and put under the tree for me at co-opted pagan winter holiday time.
    I tell my kid what I want. He tells my wife like it's his suggestion. I get what I want, she gets to think she's surprising me. The kid OTOH is the best gift giver I know--he always comes up with stuff everyone loves but never thought of on their own. My other kid usually gives me stuff I don't use and of course can't throw out.

you realize

she just wants you to talk to her
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know