Page 66 of 265 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 6620
    $2,400 for patio funiture, ya it is nice, but I wake up from a nap to a $750 charge on my Visa card for a 10 ft cantilever outdoor umbrella. Are you fuckin kidding me? There is a nice one on Amazon for $250. Now she is mad I am questioning her ability to spend money.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Never question her ability to spend money.

Pussy ain’t free. Tap that ho after a buying spree.
    Her hormones are raging now.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    $2,400 for patio funiture, ya it is nice, but I wake up from a nap to a $750 charge on my Visa card for a 10 ft cantilever outdoor umbrella. Are you fuckin kidding me? There is a nice one on Amazon for $250. Now she is mad I am questioning her ability to spend money.
    We just got another new dining room table because the old one was "bar" height and too high to "work form home" from. So the new one is "distressed" finished. Is that so a 5 year old can paint it with a crusty brush??? There's also saw marks on the cuts on the table top.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I got off lucky. Only $1850 for the set mine bought, 40% off sale, at least she was somewhat frugal about it.

I tell you if she shows me one more outdoor rug and asks for my opinion....POW, right to the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Mrs C is a keeper. She didn't object to the free patio umbrella I got from a friend - his wife's uncle runs a bar and restaurant and has a bunch of promotional stuff from booze companies.

So our deck now features a black patio umbrella with "Jaegermeister" and a big deer head logo on every other panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I think Mrs C is a keeper. She didn't object to the free patio umbrella I got from a friend - his wife's uncle runs a bar and restaurant and has a bunch of promotional stuff from booze companies.

So our deck now features a black patio umbrella with "Jaegermeister" and a big deer head logo on every other panel.
    Definitely a keeper. I would have divorced you over that.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    I got off lucky. Only $1850 for the set mine bought, 40% off sale, at least she was somewhat frugal about it.

I tell you if she shows me one more outdoor rug and asks for my opinion....POW, right to the moon.

The rug really tied the room together.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post

I feel your pain brother... Just bought this patio set and of course had to get a round outdoor carpet as the 2 rectangle one we already own did not work... This was the 3rd one purchased (other 2 were taken back) and now had to buy a new F’ing outdoor cooler so it could tie in with the new carpet and umbrella... God only knows the stainless steel one we had was not good enough... The real bitch is we are redoing the patio so we can have a separate seating area for her new Solo fire pit which of course will require new furniture... I told her she is flying solo on that...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0279.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	330602

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Definitely a keeper. I would have divorced you over that.
    Shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    I feel your pain brother... Just bought this patio set and of course had to get a round outdoor carpet as the 2 rectangle one we already own did not work... This was the 3rd one purchased (other 2 were taken back) and now had to buy a new F’ing outdoor cooler so it could tie in with the new carpet and umbrella... God only knows the stainless steel one we had was not good enough... The real bitch is we are redoing the patio so we can have a separate seating area for her new Solo fire pit which of course will require new furniture... I told her she is flying solo on that...

Name:	IMG_0279.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	200.0 KB 
ID:	330602

What are 6 people supposed to be able to do at a tiny fucking table like that??

Is that a fire pit in the middle of the table?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ha. Ms. MT knew she was getting a cheap ass accountant and I'vfe proven true to that. When she was working and making more than me shit would happen. Like the dude who jack-hammered in the basement for a month through calcified concrete for a $20k french drain system.

Since she stopped working in 2000....
    "Can't you see..."

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    What are 6 people supposed to be able to do at a tiny fucking table like that??
    It was my wife’s pick and I was worried about it as our other table was HUGE... We had some friends over and it was not bad at all with 6 people... The pic def makes it look smaller than what it is but is by no means as large as your typical rectangle style table... The only reason why I was down with it was I love the bar style chairs...

And Chup it does have a fire pit built-in...

Name:	IMG_0263.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	330605

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Sounds like a keeper to me.

My better half does plenty of shit to annoy me, but this thread mostly makes me grateful.

The patio furniture stories are killing me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

There is a certain disconnect between why I work so much and everything my wife buys. Honey, try spending less and maybe you will see me more?

Wow. I have nothing bizarre to add since we only got the usual things you can do both ways, but each one of us is convinced he or she us right. Maybe that's because she has got a PhD in biochemistry. Science usually helps.

Anyway I came here to ask for the purpose of outdoor rugs. I mean we have a deck/ patio / terrace thing ( whatever the difference may be) and a few friends as well, but no one has ever thought of putting a rug. There. My mind has just stalled with a d.o.e.s n.o.t.c.o.m.p.u.t.e.. . I mean... Why... And how... And.. What?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Wow. I have nothing bizarre to add since we only got the usual things you can do both ways, but each one of us is convinced he or she us right. Maybe that's because she has got a PhD in biochemistry. Science usually helps.

Anyway I came here to ask for the purpose of outdoor rugs. I mean we have a deck/ patio / terrace thing ( whatever the difference may be) and a few friends as well, but no one has ever thought of putting a rug. There. My mind has just stalled with a d.o.e.s n.o.t.c.o.m.p.u.t.e.. . I mean... Why... And how... And.. What?
    They are just there to tie the room together.

My wife wanted an outdoor rug so the new furniture didn't leave marks on the deck. I told her it has plastic foot peices so don't worry about spending another $300
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

She is trying to make the place look good, most guys would be happy with a BUD LIGHT NEON SIGN IN THE LIVING ROOM AND A JAEGERMEISTER UMBRELLA OUT BACK. 'They make a house a home'. My problem is I actually care how the house looks, but still defer to her on 98% of things to keep the peace.

Caps were unintentional....

From my wife’s perspective Cruiser is spot on... To me it is an absolute pain in the ass... Birds shit on it, beverages get spilled on it and it takes for ever to dry when it rains... And every spring we have to power wash the shit out of it to clean off all the mildew and other shit that landed on it in the spring...

Last edited by Undertow; 06-04-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    She is trying to make the place look good, most guys would be happy with a BUD LIGHT NEON SIGN IN THE LIVING ROOM AND A JAEGERMEISTER UMBRELLA OUT BACK. 'They make a house a home'. My problem is I actually care how the house looks, but still defer to her on 98% of things to keep the peace.

Caps were unintentional....
    No it's not that. It's not a female / male thing here. NO One puts rugs on patios here I have literally never seen it. No neighbours no friends. Must be a cultural 'murica specific thing.
    And seeing undertows experience with it, it makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    They are just there to tie the room together.
    I see what you did there.

No it's not that. It's not a female / male thing here. NO One puts rugs on patios here I have literally never seen it. No neighbours no friends. Must be a cultural 'murica specific thing.
    And seeing undertows experience with it, it makes absolutely no sense.

You clearly don't live somewhere rampant consumerism is celebrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    From my wife’s perspective Cruiser is spot on... To me it is an absolute pain in the ass... Birds shit on it, beverages get spilled on it and it takes for ever to dry when it rains... And every spring we have to power wash the shit out of it to clean off all the mildew and other shot that landed on it in the spring...

Same. Can’t stand them. Wife loves them.

Have we discussed pillows? Wtf is up with pillows.
    At least inside you can throw them on the floor.
    But outside pillows?
    I’d rather have an outdoor rug.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You clearly don't live somewhere rampant consumerism is celebrated.
    Hey now watch your mouth - I resemble that comment...!

And Core the pillow thing is worse than the outdoor carpet... Not once has anyone laid their head on it or used it to be more comfortable... Just something in the way and that birds use as a target...