Page 97 of 266 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 6648
    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Sure, just say "I'm listening..." as you walk away. Women just want to be heard, or at least the illusion of it. And to think that some people don't believe thousands of dollars in coulples therapy is worth it.
    I openly tell my wife I usually tune her out

She's a pro so when she's referring to a past conversation she'll ask me if I know what she's taking about vs I wasn't listening
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    I am not a genius, and in many ways I feel like my wife is way smarter than I am. That being said... tonight I watched her for more than 5 minutes struggle to turn on a lamp with voice control via an Alexa device and a smart outlet. The devices weren't reading each other I guess. After awhile, she sat down on the couch and consulted her phone to find the solution. She then went back to unplugging, replugging, rebooting etc. All together she spent probably 12 minutes trying to turn the lamp on before giving up and sitting back down on the couch. I pretended not to be paying attention to any of this, and as soon as she sat down and sighed, I quietly got up and turned the switch on the lamp. It turned on. The room is brighter now. I looked at her. She is mad at me.
    I’m cracking up just picturing this.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Just got a couple pounds of homemade elk jerky from Montana that previously the wife and I was gifted before and gorged on last fall. Not because I'm an immature selfish dolt, but because I feel I deserve all this jerky myself after dealing with all these fucking pillows all fucking over, I hid the bag of jerky behind the recipe books we own so she will never find them. /trophyhusband

they call those things cookbooks but strong move regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    I am not a genius, and in many ways I feel like my wife is way smarter than I am. That being said... tonight I watched her for more than 5 minutes struggle to turn on a lamp with voice control via an Alexa device and a smart outlet. The devices weren't reading each other I guess. After awhile, she sat down on the couch and consulted her phone to find the solution. She then went back to unplugging, replugging, rebooting etc. All together she spent probably 12 minutes trying to turn the lamp on before giving up and sitting back down on the couch. I pretended not to be paying attention to any of this, and as soon as she sat down and sighed, I quietly got up and turned the switch on the lamp. It turned on. The room is brighter now. I looked at her. She is mad at me.
    Award-worthy post holy shit lol.

^^No doubt. Nailed it there Crock.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    My wife continues talking to/at me after I've left the room.

Could be age related, as I may have done the same once or twice ..... recently.
    I don't always hear things well if the person speaking isn't looking at me and she knows it. I think that if she knows she's saying something I don't really care about she'll wait until she knows I won't really hear it so she can then get on my shit for not paying attention to her.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yup. But do you keep walking away even when you hear her talking to you?

That’s pro level.
    It depends on if I've fully grokked what she's saying. If I don't want to hear it I keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    they call those things cookbooks but strong move regardless
    I spit out me coffee.

Nothing to add here besides my significant other turns into a monster when hangry. I ski with extra snacks for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Nothing to add here besides my significant other turns into a monster when hangry. I ski with extra snacks for both of us.
    Yep. I keep a bag of funsize snickers in the center console of my 4runner for when my wife gets hangry. Car snacks are clutch because you are stuck next to her with no out for hours on end. The first time i pulled that move she was giving me hell from the passenger seat for something or other, so in the middle of her ranting I just calmly reached in the center console, grabbed a snickers and asked if she would like one. She grabbed it proceeded to tell me off about how she wasnt fucking hangry (while eating it). Magically 5 minutes later when her blood sugar returned to acceptable levels she was kind, caring, and nice again.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Altho we do live apart I actualy like talking to my GF

do i have to turn in my man card ?
    To add to this, it shouldn’t be normal to berate or be mean to another adult, especially one that you love. It’s been a revelation in my current relationship after my divorce.
    focus.

Altho we do live apart I actualy like talking to my GF

do i have to turn in my man card ?
    Let me get this straight, so you don’t share a dishwasher or a living space overrun with pillows?

I’d say you get to keep the man card but don’t squander it with cohabitation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    To add to this, it shouldn’t be normal to berate or be mean to another adult, especially one that you love. It’s been a revelation in my current relationship after my divorce.
    Same. Of course, just give it time, right? ;-)

It takes many years to build up that kind of resentment. Heh.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

My wife and I both get hangry, bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Let me get this straight, so you don’t share a dishwasher or a living space overrun with pillows?

I’d say you get to keep the man card but don’t squander it with cohabitation.

the non-load bearing wall between kitchen & livivng room was cut down so a bar could be put on top, barstools in the front room, at som point a life size cutout of Austin powers(yeah baby ! ) with a voice activated box with 6 of his sayings, a road bike hanging in the dining room. Just starting some wine kits so the place smells like a winery

I actualy DO have a lot of pillows all of which my mom made, inherited them when she passed, lots of her furniture as well ... they really pull the room togetehr

I should add GF lives in an operating yoga studio

and i live in a bar
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Award-worthy post holy shit lol.

Many more award worthy posts in this thread.

The aggravating part of this for me is I don't know if some of the lessons be learned from the various insights are to be put into practice or just get a laugh 'that's how it is...' and stay shut-up about it.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Same. Of course, just give it time, right? ;-)

It takes many years to build up that kind of resentment. Heh.
    Hah. Sure. Though thinking back to past relationships it usually took 6 months or so and it was something that they just thought was routine.

It’s been a couple years, now.... still strikes me that she doesn’t think PMS or whatever else gives her free reign to be a bitch; she’s self aware if she’s feeling crabby and she apologizes when she slips. It’s an amazing breath of fresh air that really should just be normal.
    focus.

the non-load bearing wall between kitchen & livivng room was cut down so a bar could be put on top, barstools in the front room, at som point a life size cutout of Austin powers(yeah baby ! ) with a voice activated box with 6 of his sayings, a road bike hanging in the dining room. Just starting some wine kits so the place smells like a winery

I actualy DO have a lot of pillows all of which my mom made, inherited them when she passed, lots of her furniture as well ... they really pull the room togetehr

I should add GF lives in an operating yoga studio

and i live in a bar
    Whoa. Lot to unpack there.

Just don’t get cats, don’t want to be the guy with mom’s pillows AND more than 1 cat.

I don't have animals but she has dogs and a black cat so i hang with them and it doesnt cost anything

it was a preowned cat that came with the name " Spook " which might be culturally inappropriate so it was renamed Siddhartha

Sid is on the path of achieving spiritual enlightenment by killing small rodents & birds
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sticks. My wife constantly brings home sticks. She thinks she is going to make some sort of artsy centerpiece I suppose. There are sticks on the deck, sticks in the attic, sticks in the back of her car, sticks on the kitchen island. And now my daughters bring home sticks. We live on 5 acres of sticks so I told her she could just store them where they currently reside, outside, and bring them in when she wants to actually use them. That was deemed an asinine idea. My house is a tinderbox.

Nest building taken to a new level.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Does she, ummm....bark, by any chance?

Actually my wife was on a stick kick for many years but we sold that house last fall. Literally hundreds and hundreds of acres of woods around the place and she would go around and pick up sticks off the lawn and put them in big yard waste bags to go to the landfill. Could not talk her out of it. I kept telling her to just throw them in the woods, but no. The big bags would get too heavy for her to move so she'd ask me to bring them to the curb to be picked up.

Yeah you guessed it, I'd wait until she wasn't around and dump them in the woods.

Out there there somewhere are a bunch of home decor influencers that are making women collect sticks, pillows, and other random shit. These unknown people are the cause of our insanity.

Name:  Image1614022164.897465.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  41.6 KB

Does she, ummm....bark, by any chance?

Actually my wife was on a stick kick for many years but we sold that house last fall. Literally hundreds and hundreds of acres of woods around the place and she would go around and pick up sticks off the lawn and put them in big yard waste bags to go to the landfill. Could not talk her out of it. I kept telling her to just throw them in the woods, but no. The big bags would get too heavy for her to move so she'd ask me to bring them to the curb to be picked up.

Yeah you guessed it, I'd wait until she wasn't around and dump them in the woods.
    I wonder how many sticks made it through more than one cycle. Picked up, collected, dumped in the woods, picked up again, etc.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Well she was picking them up off the grass, I think that was mostly a new crop each time falling from the trees but i suppose some could have blown back out there or been dragged out by the dogs or whatever. It's probably not a null set.

Well she was picking them up off the grass, I think that was mostly a new crop each time falling from the trees but i suppose some could have blown back out there or been dragged out by the dogs or whatever. It's probably not a null set.
    Maybe she was trying to make some cash money

https://www.amazon.com/Sticks-0-12-0.../dp/B08GZYG8N6