Page 130 of 262 FirstFirst ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 6533
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Ha, I had the opposite problem. My wife's Rav4 shows the tire pressure light, meaning one is too low, but doesn't tell which one. Next time I drove it, I stopped to top off the offender; turns out they were all at 32, except the one she says was "always leaking", which was at a firm 65. She just kept adding air, but the light "must be broken" since it never turned off.
    I'm suddenly a lot less grumpy about my wife mentioning the tire pressure light being on for a couple of weeks and finding one tire down 10 PSI.

The scratched windshield because her answer to disintegrating wiper blades was to turn the music up is still annoying, though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Baby Z is taking her sweet time potty training.

Got home from a gig yesterday, threw some clothes in the wash. There's always clothes in the washing machine, it's right across the hall from the bathroom.

You can see where this is going.

"Pro tip, babe: if it has shit on it, please clean it off before it goes in the wash."

"Didn't the washing machine clean it?!"

"Yes. The world's cleanest shit is all over the laundry now."
    It's all fun and games when they mess up the manly things, but when it spills over into the womanly things, I stand up and take notice.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    It's all fun and games when they mess up the manly things, but when it spills over into the womanly things, I stand up and take notice.
    Silver lining: my washing machine is fucking spotless now. No more gasket smell. All bleached and shiny.

Hand washing an entire load of laundry in the tub before putting it back in the wash was not the greatest hour of my life though.

i'm pretty Sure Billy Joel warned you about this, but of course

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Heh. Reminds me of mom and mil telling tales of rinsing cloth diapers in the toilet. Uggghh

We did pampers. Not as eco friendly. But damn the cloth diapers sound nasty.

But maybe we’ve crossed into the shit that annoys you thread.
    . . .

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Heh. Reminds me of mom and mil telling tales of rinsing cloth diapers in the toilet. Uggghh

We did disposables with both, but more as a time saving function than anything else. It takes commitment to do cloth diapers.

After cleaning pit toilets for smoky the bear and two kids, I'm kind of immune to dealing with poop. It's bad, but it's still not as bad as dog shit.

We started with disposables on baby one, switched to cloth, and then back to disposables when she started solid food. Baby two is due soon and the plan is cloth until he or she gets solid food. As long as the poop is water soluble, cloth is relatively manageable. If we need to remove chunks first, (a) that's going to be my job because dear wife won't, and thus (b) I'd end up needing to deal with stuff that dried before being rinsed (see also dishwashing discussion above).

I'm all for mitigating impacts where we can, but by the time you factor in the energy and water to wash diapers with solid food on them, I'm unconvinced it's that clear a win, and it's definitely a big PITA.

After cleaning pit toilets for smoky the bear and two kids, I'm kind of immune to dealing with poop. It's bad, but it's still not as bad as dog shit.
    It depends on the poop. I'd happily pick up our pomsky's poop twice as much if it meant not needing to deal with any guacamole-with-chunks in our daughter's diaper, but the pug beats them both, hands down.

I motion that the above discussion be moved to the 'Shit That Annoys You' thread.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    We started with disposables on baby one, switched to cloth, and then back to disposables when she started solid food. Baby two is due soon and the plan is cloth until he or she gets solid food. As long as the poop is water soluble, cloth is relatively manageable. If we need to remove chunks first, (a) that's going to be my job because dear wife won't, and thus (b) I'd end up needing to deal with stuff that dried before being rinsed (see also dishwashing discussion above).

I'm all for mitigating impacts where we can, but by the time you factor in the energy and water to wash diapers with solid food on them, I'm unconvinced it's that clear a win, and it's definitely a big PITA.

Not buying diapers was my favourite thing about the cloths. Used them from infancy all the way up to being able to shit in a toilet. Also, stuffing the clean diapers while watching TV at night was somehow therapeutic.

You do need a good washing machine for this system, though.

Luvs >> Pampers. Unless you like blowouts. Pampers did not fit correctly on our kids. We'd still get an occasional blowout with Luvs, but nowhere near as many. And man, did we have some spectacular blowouts. The best one I can only tell in person. It was a total buzzkill.

duno what it costs now but 35 yrs ago 2 kids in disposables cost 100$ a month
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I'm kind of immune to dealing with poop. It's bad, but it's still not as bad as dog shit.
    My experience is exactly the opposite. Trying to clean shit all smeared around a babies junk always made me gag. Picking up a dog shit, I hold my breath for a few moments, in the bag, tie it, easy peasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Not buying diapers was my favourite thing about the cloths. Used them from infancy all the way up to being able to shit in a toilet. Also, stuffing the clean diapers while watching TV at night was somehow therapeutic.

You do need a good washing machine for this system, though.
    Aaaaugh, you washed them yourself? We had a diaper delivery service. They delivered a weeks worth of sanitized and great smelling nappies and took the old ones with them.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Aaaaugh, you washed them yourself? We had a diaper delivery service. They delivered a weeks worth of sanitized and great smelling nappies and took the old ones with them.
    ...in a hazmat truck.

Likely. What a shitty job. Up there with outhouse pumper.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    We knew we could do this too but never felt the need to. Dunno what you fed your kids but ours never really had messy shits. Just rolled the log off in to the toilet and no problem. I guess everyone's experience is different.

Either way, glad to be done with that shit. Babies are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Either way, glad to be done with that shit. Babies are the worst.
    Jeezuz, no shit...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    duno what it costs now but 35 yrs ago 2 kids in disposables cost 100$ a month
    We're spending about that for one.

Anybody else have a double vanity? Guess who's side is whose

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SinkMine.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	568.7 KB 
ID:	379788

Name:	SinkHers.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	706.0 KB 
ID:	379789

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    And she couldn't wait for a stop light to take the pic?
    She was already surfing Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Anybody else have a double vanity? Guess who's side is whose

Name:	SinkMine.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	568.7 KB 
ID:	379788

Name:	SinkHers.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	706.0 KB 
ID:	379789
    I see what you did there - failed to show us your below sink shit. Yer gonna pay for that.

Well thats the point man! Its not like I opened the doors below her sink for the pic! Thats just the way it is - can't be bothered to close them (or, there's too many clothes/bras/towels hanging on them to *be* closed)

Smells similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Well thats the point man! Its not like I opened the doors below her sink for the pic! Thats just the way it is - can't be bothered to close them (or, there's too many clothes/bras/towels hanging on them to *be* closed)
    Then clearly it's your fault as you have not provided a sufficient quantity of hanging spots.