Page 153 of 267 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 6660
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    We were on a freeway approaching a gas station with the next one a long way, basically home. I say we need to fill up. She says no, we can make it. I say, what if you're right. We get home 10 minutes later. What if I'm right? We're calling a tow truck. I still lost the argument.
    But you made it home.

We were on a freeway approaching a gas station with the next one a long way, basically home. I say we need to fill up. She says no, we can make it. I say, what if you're right. We get home 10 minutes later. What if I'm right? We're calling a tow truck. I still lost the argument.
    If you have AAA they’d bring you 5 gallons as part of your membership. No need to tow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I once drove my Tundra 33 miles after the light came on because I had no choice. Nerve wracking. How do people drive like this?
    I was headed to the desert with two four stroke dirt bikes and ten gallons in cans in the trailer. Made it 80 miles after the light went on and sputtered into a gas station. It is hard on the fuel pump, but I wanted to see how far it would go

I’m always driving it with the light on. My wife fills at 1/4 tank

I’m now wondering if all the GOTOS dudes are just frightened to run out of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I’m now wondering if all the GOTOS dudes are just frightened to run out of gas.
    Thy dump those red tanks into their main tanks and still run until the lights come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post

I’m always driving it with the light on. My wife fills at 1/4 tank

Is your wife's car spotless and yours really messy?

Quote Originally Posted by Fofo View Post
    Is your wife's car spotless and yours really messy?
    He has had "elective surgery" a few years ago and is a non Binary entity now.

My wife hates me driving to the light. Yeah but we're both car messies.

And over here in Europe you can get at least 50km after the light. I think it's some sort of safety mechanism to get to a gas station on the Autobahn. And you actually get a fine (in Germany) if you run out of fuel on the Autobahn because you're not supposed to be stupid here.

The closest I got was filling up about 2 litres below my maximum gas tank capacity.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    I hate getting gas. The longer I go with the gas light on the less times in my life I will have to get gas. Every time you can push it a little farther and it does suck to run out of gas but then you know how far you can go.

My new truck tells me how many miles I can go but the lowest I've brought down to is 10. Im not sure how accurate.
    You are a moran and have never driven a real long highway like 50. But we all know that, the bus station does that for you.

See, you are a dumbass.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

How do women handle the electric car thingy?

Is it easier since it’s like plugging in a vacuum?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    Ha, my wife is neither too dumb nor too lazy to gas up, she just knows I'm too neurotic to not fill it if it's at 1/4 or below. So inevitably, she has some excuse for me to drive her truck whenever it gets low. Every single time.
    If I'm driving and we're under a quarter tank, my wife starts suggesting I get fuel.

If she's driving her car, she'll ignore the light for days, sometimes until she finds a reason for me to drive it, then we absolutely need to get fuel.

I think I've gone twenty miles past zero on the DTE in my truck, but the more unnerving time was nine miles past while towing a cargo trailer with both the truck and the trailer near or over GVWR, and it course I was in an unfamiliar city and the first gas station Google suggested wasn't accessible with a truck and trailer due to construction.

I will note that range can change drastically with terrain; when I lived in proper mountains, going south meant climbing 5k feet within 20 miles or so. On the motorcycle, a quarter tank of gas lasted a lot longer headed north than south.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Some cars rely on having some fuel in the tank to cool the fuel pump. If you run them near dry eventually the fuel pump overheats one time too many and dies. Ask my wife why I know this.
    Ha oh man basin, that’s brutal………
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    How do women handle the electric car thingy?

Is it easier since it’s like plugging in a vacuum?
    Hey, this is the bitch about YOUR wife thread, not the “be a sexist douche” thread

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    So my wife has been waiting on a Bronco Sport that's been on order since March and originally supposed to be available in May. Now the projected delivery date is Christmas Eve and she reached the "f*** this" level necessary to go find one that's close enough on a lot.

Having waited since March, you'd think we could take our time (while being aware that stock is limited). Nope. Had to figure out out immediately.

Ugh, okay. That then raised the possibility that we were going to be taking her car in for a trade, so on Sunday I tried to get it clean. Multiple hours later, I get yelled at for taking too long. Clearly my fault and not a result of her never cleaning anything up in the interior, to the point where she'd thoroughly ground dirt into the driver's side carpet, spattered coffee everywhere within a foot of the cupholders, etc.

I'm making sure the new car has big floormats from day one.

Of course, then we ended up finding what she wanted far enough away that I didn't want to drive the used car over and then need to negotiate value, so instead it's sitting in the driveway and I get to sell it on the internet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why doesn’t she just get an Escape?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Why doesn’t she just get an Escape?

Snork. I laft.

Twice I’ve rolled into the station as it clicked 0. Freaks out mini & Mrs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1632928513.621196.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	387261
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

There’s some goddam fucking bad asses in here I’ll tell ya what.

Don’t tell me you guys cut the tags off your mattresses too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, I have never tested my car (Sequoia) all the way to true empty. But the light comes on first, then the "distance to empty" hits zero maybe twenty miles later. I have driven maybe 10 miles past that "zero", and when I filled up, it took maybe 22 gallons. My manual says I have a 26 gallon tank. What's the deal?
    I'd guess your DTE hits 0 when you have ~4 gallons left. Be very careful with this information, automakers (correctly) think most people can't handle the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    There’s some goddam fucking bad asses in here I’ll tell ya what.

Don’t tell me you guys cut the tags off your mattresses too.
    But it says “not to be removed except by consumer”?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    I'd guess your DTE hits 0 when you have ~4 gallons left. Be very careful with this information, automakers (correctly) think most people can't handle the truth.
    Name:  JackNicholson.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  20.3 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View recent photos.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	387295

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Exactly. I'm not the one eating the thing, thereby it's expressly forbidden for me to cut the tags off.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    But I made it home.
    Says the guy who went skiing BC on a avy forecast level 5 day. (FIFY) Risk vs reward. Risk vs reward. Besides which, when you make it home with a nearly empty tank, you wake up the next morning and forget you need gas and you're late for work anyway and you run out of gas on the freeway. In the left lane.

If you have AAA they’d bring you 5 gallons as part of your membership. No need to tow

You're an insurance salesman?

So in an effort to save 5 minutes at the pump, one would risk sitting on the side of the freeway on a hot (or arctic) day, waiting hours for roadside assistance to come rescue? Solid logic there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

You're an insurance salesman?
    You know AAA isn’t insurance right?

They do have an insurance division but that’s separate from road service.

Yes I used to work there years ago (not insurance sales)