Page 116 of 265 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 6620
    Turns out, we're all just projecting our own foibles.
    Last edited by PB; 05-07-2021 at 01:51 PM.

I guess we all now know who wears the pants in b bear’s home

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I didn’t know front loaders were so water inefficient

They use less water than a top loader but they are air tight when closed so when you let them sit sealed up too long it starts to stink like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    of course almost all the stuff listed here my husband has done a variation of so I wish I had a JHC my husband thread. although I know you would all defend his actions.
    buncha jerks
    In your mind, replace "wife" in the thread title with "husband" and fire away!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My wife decided that Ziploc bags are an environmental disaster, so she bought some reusable silicone bags to use instead. She then threw away several boxes of unused Ziplocs, which went... yep, into the landfill. I pointed out that we could have at least USED the bags before tossing them; I got the "you better go outside and leave me alone" look, so I complied. sigh.
    And to top it off, those silicon bags suck, trying to get the inside dry is not easy and if you leave even a little water in them they start to fester in short order. Not to mention they take up a lot of space and are sometimes tricky to seal. And you never have one the right size. And they're not cheap. But other than that they're great.

So, silicon bags to the landfill, and new bags from the store to replace the old ones in the landfill. Win all around.

this is one of the dumbest things I have heard in this thread. why the fudge would you throw them away?
    “fudge”?

of course almost all the stuff listed here my husband has done a variation of so I wish I had a JHC my husband thread. although I know you would all defend his actions.
    buncha jerks
    I think most of us here are making these posts for kicks and know full well we ain't perfect. Like, I'll whine about how she bought another damn $300 handbag while I'm riding a $3000 bicycle. It's all in good fun. I hope.

So we've got a recycling bin under the sink. Door to the garage where the large bins are is just outside the kitchen, about 10 steps away. When I find the recycling bin is full I'll dump it in the garage. When she finds it full she'll take it out from under the sink and then put it either in the middle of the kitchen floor or closer to the garage door, presumably for future garage large bin dumpage. Why not just continue the trip to the garage? It'll take an extra 10 seconds.

I mention it's stupid to have a bin of trash in the middle of the kitchen. She's like why can't you just empty it in the garage - what's the big deal? I say "why can't YOU empty it if it's no big deal?" This gets me nowwhere.

Now I just put the full bin back under the sink so she can try again later. Seems to be working somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    So we've got a recycling bin under the sink. Door to the garage where the large bins are is just outside the kitchen, about 10 steps away. When I find the recycling bin is full I'll dump it in the garage. When she finds it full she'll take it out from under the sink and then put it either in the middle of the kitchen floor or closer to the garage door, presumably for future garage large bin dumpage. Why not just continue the trip to the garage? It'll take an extra 10 seconds.

I mention it's stupid to have a bin of trash in the middle of the kitchen. She's like why can't you just empty it in the garage - what's the big deal? I say "why can't YOU empty it if it's no big deal?" This gets me nowwhere.

Now I just put the full bin back under the sink so she can try again later. Seems to be working somewhat.
    Take the hint. You ARE the garbage man.

Resistance is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Take the hint. You ARE the garbage man.
    [/url]
    Up until about 7 years old this was my dream job. True story. First word was "gahbage" while watching the garbage truck. Im not telling my wife for fear her trying to fullfill my 7yr old dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I typically spend 10-15 minutes on Monday night breaking down boxes. Have to fish a few out of the big recycling bin first, typically the largest ones. They're jammed in there as to occupy as much space as possible and usually only a couple will fit. House of cards is then built on top of the can with the other 75 boxes coming from Lord Bezos.
    I got out there with the box cutter and get after it. Usually once I'm done the can is about 1/3 full but I keep hearing it's way too small...
    This exactly.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I think most of us here are making these posts for kicks and know full well we ain't perfect. Like, I'll whine about how she bought another damn $300 handbag while I'm riding a $3000 bicycle. It's all in good fun. I hope.
    you need a better bike, a 300$ dollar bag is like 6000$ in bike money
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    And to top it off, those silicon bags suck, trying to get the inside dry is not easy and if you leave even a little water in them they start to fester in short order. Not to mention they take up a lot of space and are sometimes tricky to seal. And you never have one the right size. And they're not cheap. But other than that they're great.

So, silicon bags to the landfill, and new bags from the store to replace the old ones in the landfill. Win all around.
    I know this isn't the thread for answers, but it's kind of the mansplaining thread, so here you go:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210507_060440.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	803.9 KB 
ID:	373774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210507_060549.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	829.6 KB 
ID:	373779
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    you need a better bike, a 300$ dollar bag is like 6000$ in bike money
    Is it though? Bags go to 40k bikes to what 15k maybe?
    Soo 300 is less than 1 percent of the max whereas 3000 is about one fifth! He should be riding a 150 bucks bike!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    They use less water than a top loader but they are air tight when closed so when you let them sit sealed up too long it starts to stink like hell.

Well, I was being facetious. Having to run an extra rinse cycle to keep it smelling fresh negates the water efficiency.

Well, I was being facetious. Having to run an extra rinse cycle to keep it smelling fresh negates the water efficiency.

Ah. Gotcha. That’s just something I do and not recommended if your trying to save water. If I lived somewhere with water restrictions I probably wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Is it though? Bags go to 40k bikes to what 15k maybe?
    Soo 300 is less than 1 percent of the max whereas 3000 is about one fifth! He should be riding a 150 bucks bike!
    I'm basing it on my home life. I bet there's more than one bag that was an absolute must have on the day of purchase yet now hangs in the closet with the other bags. Whereas your bike is used daily and gives you joy and happiness.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    “fudge”?
    Nah, man, you can't put fudge in a ziploc. what are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I typically spend 10-15 minutes on Monday night breaking down boxes. Have to fish a few out of the big recycling bin first, typically the largest ones. They're jammed in there as to occupy as much space as possible and usually only a couple will fit. House of cards is then built on top of the can with the other 75 boxes coming from Lord Bezos.
    I got out there with the box cutter and get after it. Usually once I'm done the can is about 1/3 full but I keep hearing it's way too small...
    My buddy is a Yamaha Marine tech. He has a brilliant way of dealing with his huge cardboard recycling problem. He hoses them down and then uses a large long handled, weighted dirt tamper to compress it all in the bin. He does the same at home. Never breaks down a single box. I am assuming this is just fine when it gets to the recycler, but I have no idea. When I find 90% of the air space in the bin is 1 or 2 boxes, I do the same- no more breaking down boxes.

I am sure somebody will chime in and let me know if we are just rendering the boxes unrecyclable, but I can't imagine it is an issue.

We have couple reusable bags for things. Never had an issue with them. Hate throwing away plastic all the time.

I also have a shit ton of tupperware, so rarely need a plastic bag anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post

Call me a hippie or a cheap bastard if you will, but you can wash and reuse Ziplock bags just like you can a fancier resealable bag, and if your goal is to reduce plastic, not eliminate it, throwing away a bag that got beyond wash-friendly doesn't seem so bad when it's a Ziplock.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Or you can just follow the instructions and leave the door open when not in use...

(Which, on-topic, I pointed out to my wife after moving in and reading the instructions for the washing machine she'd been using for years)

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Or you can just follow the instructions and leave the door open when not in use...

(Which, on-topic, I pointed out to my wife after moving in and reading the instructions for the washing machine she'd been using for years)

I leave it open but somehow it always swings to almost closed. Probably my dog hitting it since his food bowl is in the laundry room.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620409581.668939.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	373786

Don’t know why the manufacturer’s don’t just have an air vent on the top or something that opens and closes when it’s on/off.

It’s the soap residue that rots in the basin over time giving it a sulfur smell which is why I started using extra rinse. I also drain the basin monthly.

My wife is somehow to blame for all this.......

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I know this isn't the thread for answers, but it's kind of the mansplaining thread, so here you go
    Another pro-tip: slide them over a wooden spoon which is already drying on the rack (assuming you have a section to hold the silverware upright). Prevents them from sticking to themselves and not drying.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Call me a hippie or a cheap bastard if you will, but you can wash and reuse Ziplock bags just like you can a fancier resealable bag, and if your goal is to reduce plastic, not eliminate it, throwing away a bag that got beyond wash-friendly doesn't seem so bad when it's a Ziplock.
    I haven't bought ziplocs for a few years because of that. Might as well wash them, they're hold up surprisingly well.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Yes to washing ziploc bags and reusing them. If they are too old/wrecked/gross then they get tossed and replaced.

There is a big environmental benefit from reusing something as many times as possible vs one time use and then hoping it can get recycled.